2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
I don't follow V8 Supercars anymore, so I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with how he drives in that series.
Well, it was a prototypical SVG move. He might be quick and he might be aggressive, but he is the kind of driver who will move over on you going down Conrod Straight.

If he waited a second or two longer, he would have passed him with no issue. Now it looks like he may have threw an outside chance of winning the race away with what should be an incoming penalty.

Now it looks like he may have threw an outside chance of winning the race away with what should be an incoming penalty.
It wouldn't be the first time. He and Scott McLaughlin tripped over one another going through the Cutting a few years ago that saw McLaughlin slide into the wall. While the stewards didn't issue a penalty, van Gisbergen was looking pretty good for the win when he stalled it coming down off the jacks in his final stop and he couldn't get it started again.

A haha! Kharma is a bitch
I've often thought the Mountain has a long memory. I was just about to hit "post" on my last message - describing the stall in the pits a few years ago - when SVG hit the wall.

And of course, since it's SVG he's gone and parked it in the middle of the track.

Well, this is certainly the least exciting finish in this race over the last few years. Not a fan of a single car dominating races.

Back