2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
Just remember, we're laughing with you! :D

Reminds me of when a NASCAR race was postponed for rain, they replayed the previous years race and had many viewers thinking it was live.
I listened to Radio Le Mans audio commentary of the Daytona 24 hours a couple of years ago before they got the contract to do it for IMSA thinking it was unofficial coverage of the live race but it was the previous years coverage. It took a while before I noticed....

Those brakes look a little hot. :lol:

Reminds me of when a NASCAR race was postponed for rain, they replayed the previous years race and had many viewers thinking it was live.

That sadly has happened on at least 2 occasions (2015 Martinsville & 2014 Daytona). :lol:

Is this one of those races that people come from around the world just to have a stint, like Daytona or Le Mans? What series is this actually a part of? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

Double stinting those tyres. The next two stints with the AM drivers in the M6, for them will be telling.

@DesertPenguin09 I believe it was worked out to be part of the just made Blancpain Asia Endurance Series.

What series is this actually a part of? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

Up until last year it was just a stand-alone event, now it's a part of the Intercontinental GT Challenge that SRO is trying to get off the ground (It's not going well).

Is this one of those races that people come from around the world just to have a stint, like Daytona or Le Mans? What series is this actually a part of? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

The 12 hour has previously been a standalone race, but this year it is part of the Intercontinental GT Challenge, along with the Spa 24, Laguna Seca 8hrs and Sepang 12hrs.

It has been getting more and more attention as the years go on, as it ran as a production car race from 2007 to 2010, with GT3 cars being eligible from 2011. This year is the first year that all-Pro driver lineups are permitted and there have been a lot of international drivers step up to get involved.

That sadly has happened on at least 2 occasions (2015 Martinsville & 2014 Daytona). :lol:

Definitely relevant to my sense of humour!

Supercars rules, you have to get up to the A Pillar to have right to a position. They mean front bumper up to A Pillar right?

Supercars rules, you have to get up to the A Pillar to have right to a position. They mean front bumper up to A Pillar right?

B-pillar is generally the guide given, but the easiest way to think of it is that you need more than just a slight bumper overlap. As an example, see people backing out of moves at the Cutting (that blind uphill lefthander early in the lap) and at Skyline (the crest down into the esses).

Replays now - Mardenbrough on the Lamborghini across the top was a great move, but if the Audi had pushed wide and spun the Merc then it probably would have been in a bit of trouble.

The Mostert M6 in trouble!

And another 911 around!

I knew it come to this.

See you all in 10hours.

I really thought they had the gameplan sorted and were going to be pacing themselves til the end...gotta play the long game to win this one.

On that, experience and patience from Craig Lowndes when that Lamborghini spun in front of him...that's what you need today.

The Nissan is clearly holding them up everywhere but down Conrod... tires are probably shot.

Back