NASCAR 2017 NASCAR Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by MustangRyan, Nov 20, 2016.

1. MustangRyan

MustangRyan Premium

Why people love Dale Jr.:
    http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...ale-earnhardt-jr-thought-everyone-else-sunday

Dale Jr basically insisted that Matt Kenseth get as much fanfare for his departure as possible. You have to wonder how much of it would have happened if Dale hadn't been the driving force behind it.

2. BKGlover

BKGlover

@MustangRyan It probably wouldn't have at all. Kenseth probably wouldn't have said anything about it either. Jr.'s always been a great human, something the world needs more of to be honest, so this doesn't surprise me...

...It does make me smile though. He could have had it all to himself, but still wanted to give Matt the recognition he rightfully deserves.

MustangRyan likes this.
  3. yellosnake

yellosnake

Could we really accept the news of Ray Black Jr running a full 2018 schedule in the #51 as the first story to the 2018 NASCAR discussion? Someone else start it please....LOL

4. MustangRyan

MustangRyan Premium

5. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

I guess we can close this thread now, right?

6. Carbonox

Carbonox

Congrats to Martin Truex, too bad he was forced to arbitrarily beat 3 other guys in the final race to get his rightful championship that he'd worked on all season. Also too bad that and a whole lot of other reasons have meant I've been too alienated from the series to be there for my favorite driver* at this undoubtedly special moment. I hope it was worth it, making ESPN's dumber-than-dumb idea true for the sake of the New Fans™ who apparently either have an attention span of a goldfish, or NASCAR simply thinks they all do.

*Favorite driver since the MWR era. I ain't no gold digger. ;)

BKGlover likes this.
  7. Dylan

Dylan Premium

So for my final post in this thread, here is the last Radioactive of 2017.