2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
As a Kyle Busch fan, Truex truly did deserve it this year. The car to beat all year, how you can even have Harvick and Keselowski with the same shot is baffling. Knew from about midway this season that it would come between the #18 and #78. Great race up to the end.

Also, I predicted all the champions this year! Woot!

As a Kyle Busch fan, Truex truly did deserve it this year. The car to beat all year, how you can even have Harvick and Keselowski with the same shot is baffling. Knew from about midway this season that it would come between the #18 and #78. Great race up to the end.

Also, I predicted all the champions this year! Woot!

Because chase and NASCAR reasons. But yeah it was always the two Toyota drivers season to lose

My two picks finish 1-2 and complete a Toyota sweep, Horseface gets salty and two people Jr found win titles in the same year he is retiring. Been a good two days for me 👍

So no rioting in Miami then?

Nah. Too much feels.

Had Larson not had such terrible luck in the previous rounds, that final 15 laps or so would have been a lot more interesting. I feel like Larson laid back and let them settle it, instead of driving past both of them.
In the closing 10 laps or so, Larson got a huge run off of 2 and could have easily pulled out and passed Busch but instead he gave him a push. So yeah he says he couldn't get by but I'm pretty sure he was just letting them race it out.

I’m surprised Chevy didn’t get the special treatment from NASCAR this year, although I wont be surprised if they come with a powerhouse next season and since it’s chevy, no one will complain :lol:

Thank goodness that there was no utter travesty and have someone other than Truex win the championship. In fact, I feel like all three series crowned someone that earned it based on their entire season's work despite a playoff system that feels like a lottery and stage racing that I despise to where I actually miss debris cautions.

Can't say I disagree with Brad's comments.

Ford isn't going to do a full redesign of their production cars to make their Cup cars faster. Brad was one of the only people to get busted this year with an illegal car as was his own teammate. Now Chevy has a new design. So either come to the dark side or drive a Chevy. Weird how Harvick was able to race with Truex and even pass him and the Fords found some speed in the latter part of the season. They started off as the dominant manufacturer this year.

Does Penske have some kind of long-term contract with Ford? Can he switch to Chevy or Toyota for '18?

Does Penske have some kind of long-term contract with Ford? Can he switch to Chevy or Toyota for '18?

Not sure but Penske seems to have a relationship with Chevy since they run Chevies in Indy Car. I doubt Brad K would mention the time NASCAR made Toyota motors run a plate to take hp away because the others were complaining they were too fast.

Wasn't all this started by Steve O'Donnell? I seem to remember an article sometime mid-year where he said yeah we purposely started rumors to see what would happen and this is what we got.

Given Roger's track record, I'd say there's a better chance of him bringing in a fourth manufacturer than jumping ship to one of the other two currently participating.

IMG_1674.JPG

Back