2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
They really need to make all of the Phoenix races night races. It was way to hot to sit in the grandstands with the sun in your face for four hours.
Edit: Also, good win by Newman.

They really need to make all of the Phoenix races night races. It was way to hot to sit in the grandstands with the sun in your face for four hours.

you think it's any better at night? HA....HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Arizona is such a great place, south of Prescott...(sarcasm)

Busch got bit by Logano two weeks in a row now. :lol:

Anyway, I thought there was no way the three drivers who stayed out would have been able to keep ahead of the drivers who took on tires. And had Larson cleared Stenhouse or just stayed up high, I have no doubt he would have won the race. Despite not getting a win, he's been very impressive this season. Imagine if he was in a slightly better car. Not that Ganassi is a bad team, far from it, but it's not Hendrick, Gibbs, Penske, or Haas.

A cold 60° is much better to sit in than a scorching 95°.

A cold 60 what the heck are you talking about. Just cause you look up the projected cold temp doesn't mean it is going to be that. Maybe during the chase race in November. But not March here, it doesn't reach that temp until about post midnight. Stays pretty hot even after the sun is gone. Been living here for 27 years, always the same.

A cold 60 what the heck are you talking about. Just cause you look up the projected cold temp doesn't mean it is going to be that. Maybe during the chase race in November. But not March here, it doesn't reach that temp until about post midnight. Stays pretty hot even after the sun is gone. Been living here for 27 years, always the same.
I haven't lived here long enough so I just asked somebody who might have lived here a few years, and they said around the 60°s. It seems they were very wrong.
Still, at least at night the sun isn't beating down on you.

I haven't lived here long enough so I just asked somebody who might have lived here a few years, and they said around the 60°s. It seems they were very wrong.
Still, at least at night the sun isn't beating down on you.

No just the heat from over the entire day still radiating off all the asphalt and concrete in this annoying city.

The actual race was pretty decent, liked the finish, still unconvinced with the segments.

Thing is there are some races where teams are better about making late racing cars. And the segments really make it to where your car has to either be good on a mid run or right out of the box. And that seems to ruin a lot of teams that you'd expect to be running better. I'd say in general Chevy isn't happy cause they don't seem nearly as dominant compared to Toyota and Ford.

Had to go work; left with roughly 90 laps to go, figured the #18 was in the clear.

Then I found out Ryan Freaking Newman was still relevant.

Thank god, he's the best at RCR. Will admit, good to see him get another one after the last few seasons.

LMAO IM DONE HAHA :lol::lol:

Goodness Kyle, that was great :lol:

Good to know now the press can't make either Busch Brother give them the sound bytes they want. Think I heard that idiot Bob even trying to stur up stuff.

Who would buy this shirt?

JV7DfkEl.jpg

California is the last leg of this western trip. No- not Sonoma Raceway. Not yet. But... that big oval in Fontana that I've always known as California Superspeedway (nowadays Auto Club Speedway). So we go from intermediate to one-miler to another intermediate. I actually love California Superspeedway. So I'm intrigued to see NASCAR light up SoCal. And for a bit... as much as I like California, I wouldn't mind Cup maybe try Irwindale.

So how am I doing? Well, everything's great! :) How about you?

California is the last leg of this western trip. No- not Sonoma Raceway. Not yet. But... that big oval in Fontana that I've always known as California Superspeedway (nowadays Auto Club Speedway). So we go from intermediate to one-miler to another intermediate. I actually love California Superspeedway. So I'm intrigued to see NASCAR light up SoCal. And for a bit... as much as I like California, I wouldn't mind Cup maybe try Irwindale.

So how am I doing? Well, everything's great! :) How about you?
Last years race at Fontana was one of the best races last year.

Back