2017 NFL Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 592 comments
Congratulations Blake. You played a magnificent postseason. Don't know about any of you guys, but I always believed in the guy.

See you next year, as I can't tolerate the Patriots being again in the SB. I've tried my best to like Brady and that organization, but as a Raider, when I remember the way this dinasty was born I cannot help thinking we got freaking robbed in the 2001 Championship Game.

F Brady, F the Patriots, and my God... That WAS a FUMBLE :banghead: :mad: :grumpy:

Congratulations Blake. You played a magnificent postseason divisional and conference round. Don't know about any of you guys, but I always believed in the guy.

See you next year, as I can't tolerate the Patriots being again in the SB. I've tried my best to like Brady and that organization, but as a Raider, when I remember the way this dinasty was born I cannot help thinking we got freaking robbed in the 2001 Championship Game.

F Brady, F the Patriots, and my God... That WAS a FUMBLE :banghead: :mad: :grumpy:

It's unreal to think that the Patriots might get 6 in a sport that has never gotten six (in terms of dynasties). NBA had the Bill Russell Celtics and Jordan Bulls, MLB had the Yankees, I think the NHL has someone...but the NFL's got no one. God I really hope that doesn't happen.

I wouldn't mind if this had happened in the 60s or the 80s and people look back and say "Oh that Brady, he was the GOAT", because after awhile people would forget about him, or atleast not bring him up every single time football is mentioned. But the fact that I have to live through it....frustrating as a football fan of a rival team that plays him twice a year every year.

But Thank God for Eli Manning. If not for him Brady would be undefeated. It's a shame that the Giants can't be in the Super Bowl every time the Pats are in it. Except for this year. They were pretty bad this year.

What frustrates me isn't that the Patriots are incredibly dominant, it's the money, cheating, scandals, and politics. The Patriots have a track record of cheating and playing politics with the NFL, and to me it shows their true character. They have an incredibly talented and able team, and yet it seems that they care less about the game and more about the money. It's really quite sad that they feel the need to cheat to win despite such a great team.

OH, GAWD! ANYBODY but 'dem Patriots! Yep. Those danged Pats are in the big game yet again. I kind of remember the last time the Philadelphia Eagles were in the Super Bowl. One Donovan F. McNabb and one Terrell Owens were with the Eagles last I remember. Poor clock management late doomed PHI. Who's to say the Eagles have a chance this time? Basically, New England has been dominating today's NFL much like Audi used to dominate the 21st Century in sportscar racing.

And to Jacksonville- my Texans almost beat the Patriots until they came back late. You have to be fortunate than good to beat the New England Patriots in their house.

We got PLENTY of time, so tell it- Patriots or Eagles to win Super Bowl LII? Optional: what will be the final score?

How about that XFL comeback in January 2020. I'm kind of excited, but that's still two years out. A lot can change.

So there'll be 8-40 man teams, 10 games, 3 playoff games (2 semis and 1 championship game). The games will not feature a halftime, and he claims they'll last only 2 hours. Limited commercial breaks. And no kneeling for the anthem either. And no criminals, whether it's a misdemeanor or felony. No criminals.

And there's so much potential for it just because of who went down the crapper the last few years...Kaepernick, Tebow, RGIII....Problem is though, are they going to be able to pay players enough to be a draw for former players? He currently has $100 million raised, but it doesn't seem like a lot. Though that's all his own money, not including future sponsorships or media partners.

Other questions...is there going to be a college draft (probably after the NFL draft)? Are players going to be able to play in both leagues (I assume not, but who knows)? Does he want to keep the league fully independent from the NFL for the future? Are they going to play in smaller stadiums (like 30 or 40k instead of 70 or 80k)?

I don't think the talent will be that bad, especially since as many as ~1200 players are cut every year, and the XFL needs to fill just 320. I mean, they probably won't be NFL talent...I think some will slip through the cracks and establish themselves as good players...but they don't need to be NFL talent. They just need to be competitive enough for people to watch.

I forgot to add, this has potential to be great with cities like Oakland, San Diego, and St. Louis freed up for a football franchise, barring any un-relocations.

XFL could also line up cities with disgruntled or dissatisfied fans of NFL teams, like Cleveland. An XFL team in Cleveland that just goes 5-5 will automatically be seen better than the Browns.

Today is the big game- the Pro Bowl! You know you were looking forward to this game for the longest. Yeah- this game is bigger than that big 'un next week in Minneapolis.

Okay, yeah- it's the Pro Bowl. More of a "who cares?" game. Still enjoy the game if you'll be following it.

And in dumb trades that will get ignored until tomorrow, the Chiefs have traded QB Alex Smith to the Redskins because Washington has no idea how to commit to a decent QB and just wasted 2 years.

On the radio this morning, they mentioned some Sports Illustrated article about Kirk Cousins' situation in Washington. Apparently, the Redskins offered him a long term deal last off-season which would have made him the highest paid player in the league. Cousins turned down the money and didn't want to commit to the team for the long term which resulted in him being franchise tagged.

I heard him being interviewed yesterday afternoon at the Super Bowl media week. He specifically mentioned that he wouldn't mind being franchise tagged in Washington again for next season but that he really wanted to be in a position to win and win for the long term. He also brought up how the last time he had the choice of where he played football was in 2007 when he chose to attend Michigan State.

This will all just fuel the Cousins to the Jets rumors now. Alex Smith, 34, agreed to a 4 year deal for around $71 million. Cousins, 29, will be the highest paid player in the league when he signs in free agency.

Dislike Thursday Night Football? Too bad! FOX reportedly has signed on to carry TNF for about five years. If it brings in the money, that's all that matters.

Hey Ravens fans, Ozzie Newsome's stepping down as GM after the 2018 season, Eric DeCosta penciled in to take over.

Last edited:
Redskins are looking to possibly franchise tag Cousins again. Because that definitely cannot go wrong and screw up both the Redskins and what's left of Cousins' career.

Well, today is the day. Two teams are where all 32 teams hoped they would be. It will be Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis, Minnesota between the New England Patriots of the AFC and the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFC. One team will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy and be declared the champions of the 2017 NFL season. Who'll get it done? We'll find out.

Congratulations to the eventual winner of Super Bowl LII. Good luck to both New England and Philadelphia.

We don't get to enjoy the commercials here :indiff: Might survive till the half time show, the game is on pretty late.

Back