2017 NFL Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 592 comments
Saints scored a field goal to put them up with only a few seconds left so I leave to take a shower.

I get out and see the Vikings somehow won and I missed it. :banghead:

The games today were fantastic.

The games yesterday were fairly crap. The Pats continuing to get help from the refs is ridiculous.

Saints scored a field goal to put them up with only a few seconds left so I leave to take a shower.

I get out and see the Vikings somehow won and I missed it. :banghead:

It's "Can you digg it?"

It's like the National Championship game never happened Monday night. Didn't you learn anything from watching that? You never let a man get behind you in that situation. Keep him in front of you even if he catches it. Wrap him up and the game is over.

Sometimes I'm surprised Todd Haley isn't tarred and feathered on a daily basis in Pittsburgh. He's going to have to hire a bodyguard after that game...

I always believed in Case Keenum. He's always been a great quarterback, but he has really shined since he sold his soul to Jesus.

45 scored points from a Jacksonville team lead by Blake Bortles. In a playoff game. Against the Steelers.

I've always believed in the guy, but what happened yesterday really blew my mind. This team can beat the Patriots. This team can win it all.

Ok, on the Vikings/Saints fantastic finish (and I'm kindof a Drew Brees fan)... I think, not entirely sure and nobody can confirm it, that the safety on that final play was going for a tackle that was specifically between the receiver and the sideline. He was targeting off-center so that he could keep the receiver inbounds to run out the clock. Nobody would say he's an idiot for tackling the guy out of bounds when the saints lose to a vikings 52 yard field goal (not that that was a guarantee), but he was (I think) playing for more. He was trying to win the game right there by keeping his man in-bounds. He just misjudged slightly and ended up being the fall guy.

Great game. I've missed a ton of football this year, but something tells me I tuned in for one of the best moments.

Ok, on the Vikings/Saints fantastic finish (and I'm kindof a Drew Brees fan)... I think, not entirely sure and nobody can confirm it, that the safety on that final play was going for a tackle that was specifically between the receiver and the sideline. He was targeting off-center so that he could keep the receiver inbounds to run out the clock. Nobody would say he's an idiot for tackling the guy out of bounds when the saints lose to a vikings 52 yard field goal (not that that was a guarantee), but he was (I think) playing for more. He was trying to win the game right there by keeping his man in-bounds. He just misjudged slightly and ended up being the fall guy.

Great game. I've missed a ton of football this year, but something tells me I tuned in for one of the best moments.

I think that was exactly what he wanted to do. Still, the execution was terrible. The media and the fans have been very harsh with him, but I don't blame him. He wanted to make a play.

That has to be best finish ever for a Vikings game, being even better that the TD Brett Favre threw to Greg Lewis a few years ago.

I guess there were multiple reports of Apple watches detecting a "heart attack" during that time after the vikings made that GW TD.

One of the few things that technology has done.

On a side note, some people were saying that if he did attack the ball it would be called for interference which would be where it's at and would have the opportunity to do the FG.
In all.
Just a great game overall.

Edit:
NE is favored over Jax, -9.5
Min is favored over Phi, -3.5

What I would like to see is Jax upsets NE.
Minn brings it home.

Last edited:
Tough game for me. As much as I hate New England, I've really begun to hate Jacksonville this playoffs. I really don't wanna see either team in the playoffs. But I have to choose Jacksonville, though New England will probably stomp them.

I really really wanna see a Minnesota home game Super Bowl. And Case Keenum becoming the next Kurt Warner underdog that only got his job because the starter got hurt makes me root for him. So I have to take Minnesota over Philly. I just don't think Foles has it in him to take them to the Super Bowl over Minnesota's defense.

SB Prediction: Minnesota 26 New England 24

Mike Vrabel is the new head coach of the Tennessee Titans. Vrabel previously served as defensive coordinator for the Houston Texans. Now Vrabel is the head cheese for the Titans. I feared the AFC South got better as the Texans fell from grace this past regular season.

[UPDATE] DEFENSIVE coordinator. Changes made.

Last edited:
Four dreams are still alive. However, two seasons will end as the Championship games will be played. We will be assured any of these matches for Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis, Minnesota pending some unforeseen circumstances:

* NE Patriots vs. MIN Vikings
* JAX Jaguars vs. MIN Vikings
* NE Patriots vs. PHI Eagles
* JAX Jaguars vs. PHI Eagles

So which match will we get in Minneapolis for Super Bowl LII? That will all be determined by who the conference champions will be once today's two games are played out.

Good luck to all four teams, and congratulations to which two earn their trip to play in Super Bowl LII.

It was nice to see New England's 12th man celebrating a touchdown.

hey_friends.jpg

All aboard the, anyone but the Pats bandwagon. :lol:

Be cool to see the Eagles get their first Super Bowl.

Back