2017 NFL Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 592 comments
There was one omission I forgot to mention from my previous post. The Houston Texans released Jaelen Strong after he was suspended in Game 1 for marijuana possession. Something tells me Brian Cushing might get traded or released despite the fact he's been a great part of the Texans' defense for years. Staying healthy and getting out of suspension trouble may result in us looking for somebody to replace him. Cushing isn't replaced, but I fear he COULD be shipped off. I do hope the Texans can use this time between their game at Cinncinati and at New England to try to keep the score close at the Patriots.

So what's up this week? Well, we got the Los Angeles Rams at the San Francisco 49ers for Thursday Night Football. Because the NFL is so awesome, we're showing how great this league is by playing a game in London, England, UK. SeretAgentZero's Baltimore Ravens will take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in London. No plans Sunday night? Then stay home and watch MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders play at the Washington Redskins. And finally, the Monday Night game this week will be the Dallas Cowboys at the Arizona Cardinals.

Enjoy Week 3!

That's how Lions fans usually wind up feeling every season. :lol:

Stafford is playing well (so far) this season, I'm impressed by the Lions this year. I'll be watching them play the Falcons this week, should be a good game.

Jerome

Takes at the 1/8th mark of the season:
  • Kaepernick would do well in Baltimore.
  • Eight interceptions in two games?
  • Now projecting 10-6, tie with Steelers for AFC North, lose tiebreaker, get in as #5 seed.

Takes at the 1/8th mark of the season:
  • Kaepernick would do well in Baltimore.
  • Eight interceptions in two games?
  • Now projecting 10-6, tie with Steelers for AFC North, lose tiebreaker, get in as #5 seed.
Some Bengals players want Kaepernick in Cincy.

Went to the game in London to watch the Jaguars body the Ravens. Wasn't expecting that one. Who knew Blake Bortles had that in his locker?

Went to the game in London to watch the Jaguars body the Ravens. Wasn't expecting that one. Who knew Blake Bortles had that in his locker?
I did a double take of that score the first time I saw that. I never expected to see a game in which Flacco was benched because he sucked and Bortles was benched because the game was a blowout.

What a stupid way to end the Lions game. I watched that play a ton of times and the ball sure look like it broke the end zone before Tate's knee was down.

Granted the Lions should have never committed that many penalties and with 3 interceptions they should have been able to do more.

Great win and strong showing by the Bills, both on offense and defense. Some credit has to deflect to the refereeing though. The questionable downfield catch/drop ruled incomplete leading to a punt, the not-really-unsportsmanlike conduct call on Von Miller, turning a punt into a field goal and a two possession lead late in the 4th. But a win's a win, and they lead the division. Also have an NFL best 37 points allowed through 3 games.

I'm proud of my Texans today, despite the fact we failed 36-33 today at the New England Patriots. I know. We were supposed to lose by much more. This loss wasn't like, a choke job like with Arizona in the most recent Super Bowl. This was Houston playing hard, but not hard enough to secure a win. Long story short- the Texans lost. Next game is against Tennessee here at home. Three straight home games coming up for the Houston Texans. We are 1-2 on the season now.

Congratulations to all other winners this week, including Jacksonville running over Baltimore in London.

Somebody flew this over the Chargers game.:lol:

DKgtLuPUEAAxA-i.jpg:large

Aaaand that's that. Offense couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half, and the defense was worn down thanks to it.

To make things even more frustrating is our kicker had a missed field goal, otherwise it would have been a 3 point win. And the rookie kicker we cut before the regular season hit a game winning 61 yarder for the Eagles earlier today.

After seeing the still images, the Lion's final touchdown wasn't a touchdown. However, there should have been one second on the clock and enough time to run one play since the clock should have been stopped at 11 seconds. Still a stupid ending to a game and I'd be more ok with the L if they'd lost it on a final snap instead of the refs not getting the rules right.

Also, it seems like all the top teams struggle bused this week.

I'm very late (and I'm sorry for it), but... Cowboys at Cardinals TONIGHT!

The game is on right now, so enjoy if you're watching!

Controversial remarks made by President Trump ruled most of the NFL discussion last week. This is not the platform for discussing his controversial words regarding what action should be taken by players who kneel during the National Anthem, so let's get to the interesting games this week.

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Bears (1-2) at Packers (2-1)
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Colts (1-2) at Seahawks (1-2)
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Redskins (2-1) at Chiefs (3-0)

Enjoy this week's games, and good luck to all of your favorite teams!

We call the Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans game as the "T-N-T Rivalry" at times. Well, the Texans dun blow'd up. BEAST performance by the Texans with a 57-14 hosting the artists formerly known as the Houston Oilers. Deshaun Watson was beast today accounting for 5 touchdowns. Defense turned over Tennessee several times, even including a pick-six. It was almost as if the Texans pretended the Titans were the Patriots and took their aggressions out on them. Marcus Mariota went down with a hamstring injury. I hope he'll be okay. Either way, it was all Texans in this one.

Up next for the Houston Texans... our three-game home stand continues as we host the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night Football.

Congratulations to all other winners this week, including road wins by Cincinnati, Detroit, and Carolina. So how did your boys do this week?

This has been an insane two weeks' worth of games. Things you don't expect to happen do, and what you think is guaranteed no longer is.

Except for Packers over Bears. Glad they won that one.

This has been an insane two weeks' worth of games. Things you don't expect to happen do, and what you think is guaranteed no longer is.

Except for Packers over Bears. Glad they won that one.

With the Patriots giving up 33 points in back-to-back weeks, a surprisingly mediocre Jets team, and an absolute dreadful Dolphins team, it wouldn't be crazy to suggest that the Bills might sweep the AFC East.

I just hope they can keep this up. The last time they started 3-1, they finished 6-10 with a stretch of 0-7.

But, say, the Bills continue this trend and go 12-4, the NFL will be kicking themselves for only giving them the one Thursday night game they always get vs the Jets.

Back