2017 NFL Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 592 comments
So it looks like the MVP for the Patriots continues to be the refs. I'm not exactly sure how James' touchdown wasn't a touchdown, but apparently it wasn't. I'm guessing if the Steelers had been playing any other team it'd been ruled a touchdown without issue.

Happy to see the Vikings win the division, I don’t really follow them closely enough to know if the division is any good though.

The NFC North isn't very good, especially this year. The Bears are terrible, Green Bay played most of the year without Rodgers, and the Lions are, well, the Lions. If the Vikings didn't win the division this year they'd been a huge problem with them, especially since Keenum figured out how to play football.

If the pats coverage was better on that non touchdown, it would have been a touchdown. Alls it would have taken is 1 pats defender to touch him, but since he wasnt touched and did not maintain control through the catch it is an incomplete.

Started supporting the Giants just over a decade ago and can't remember a season as bad as this!
According to the radio, it's their worst season since 1974 if I remember hearing it correctly. As long as they come out of this with an elite QB from next year's draft, it will be worth it. The Giants would have needed to find Eli's replacement sooner or later so if they can use this one terrible season as their throw away season and take next year to rebuild, they could potentially get back to playoff football by 2020.

Well, the Bills are nearly in, and there's numerous scenarios that could put them in or keep them out, but the simplest one is: Ravens or Titans lose out, Chargers lose one, Bills win one, and it's more likely the Titans lose out then the Ravens, since the Titans are playing the Rams and the Jags while the Ravens are playing the Colts and the Bengals. But nothing's guaranteed for the Bills since they play the Pats and Dolphins both on the road, and the Bills are usually a completely different team when on the road.

Hopefully the Bills can beat the Pats this week, so there's less left up for grabs in week 17, even though they can't clinch with a win over the Pats.

There's also a tiny chance that maybe, just maybe, they play their most important game of the year, week 17, sunday night in Miami.

Last edited:
Welcome to the penultimate week of the 2017 regular season of NFL football! Still a chance to make some playoff noise if your team is still in it (unlike my Texans, Giants, Browns, and the like). Here are some of this week's matches...

* IND Colts at BAL Ravens
* MIN Vikings at GB Packers
* PIT Steelers at HOU Texans
* OAK Raiders at PHI Eagles

Time to update the playoff list. Who's in heading into this week? Check it:

--- Who's In! ---
New England (AFC East champs)
Pittsburgh (AFC North champs)
...AFC SOUTH...
...AFC WEST...
Jacksonville (clinched playoff spot)
...AFC WILD CARD 2...
Philadelphia (NFC East champs)
Minnesota (NFC North champs)
...NFC SOUTH...
...NFC WEST...
...NFC WILD CARD 1...
...NFC WILD CARD 2...

Playoffs- where even you root on teams you otherwise couldn't care less about to help your real favorite team(s) make the playoffs. So stay in the fight if your team still a playoff pulse!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

I just realised that I'm going to miss the Super Bowl this year :( I don't really follow the season closely any more but I do make a point of watching the Super Bowl... however I'm going to be staying at a friend's place in Berlin on the night of the game, hence there's no chance I'll get to watch the game live.

I'll be arriving home the next evening, however, and so I'll attempt to avoid finding out the result until I get home... that said, I tried to do that for the last one and I can't believe what happened... I successfully avoided all internet and media all day, and made it as far as my own street at about 6pm, only to see some guy wearing a Patriots hat walking past :ouch:

So the Browns have their best chance of avoiding an 0-16 season with the game against the Bears. Chicago has yet to win this season when they are the favorite.

Aaron Rodgers is on IR. Not shocked because he looked awful against the Panthers and they roughed him up badly. Makes more sense for them to worry about next season than let him play for not much of anything.

Welcome to the penultimate week of the 2017 regular season of NFL football! Still a chance to make some playoff noise if your team is still in it (unlike my Texans, Giants, Browns, and the like). Here are some of this week's matches...

* IND Colts at BAL Ravens
* MIN Vikings at GB Packers
* PIT Steelers at HOU Texans
* OAK Raiders at PHI Eagles

Time to update the playoff list. Who's in heading into this week? Check it:

--- Who's In! ---
New England (AFC East champs)
Pittsburgh (AFC North champs)
...AFC SOUTH...
...AFC WEST...
Jacksonville (clinched playoff spot)
...AFC WILD CARD 2...
Philadelphia (NFC East champs)
Minnesota (NFC North champs)
...NFC SOUTH...
...NFC WEST...
...NFC WILD CARD 1...
...NFC WILD CARD 2...

Playoffs- where even you root on teams you otherwise couldn't care less about to help your real favorite team(s) make the playoffs. So stay in the fight if your team still a playoff pulse!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Here's my prediction:

BYE AFC E - New England Patriots
AFC N - Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC S - Jacksonville Jaguars
AFC W - Kansas City Chiefs (win out, Titans lose to Rams)
AFC WC2 - Baltimore Ravens (win out, Bills losing to Pats this week)
AFC WC1 - LA Chargers (win out)
BYE, NFC E - Philadelphia Eagles
NFC N - Minnesota Vikings
NFC S - New Orleans Saints (beat Atlanta this week)
NFC W - LA Rams
NFC WC1 - Atlanta Falcons (beat Carolina week 17)
SFC WC2 - Carolina Panthers (split the last 2 weeks, squeak into the playoffs)

Jerome

:lo:

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see the Bills take to the Pats, if they did that and won out that should get them there, unless they have a loss to the Ravens this year(?)

Jerome

:lo:

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see the Bills take to the Pats, if they did that and won out that should get them there, unless they have a loss to the Ravens this year(?)

Jerome

If the Bills and Ravens win out, and the Titans lose at least one, than the Bills are in. But if the Ravens and Titans win out, Bills are out. But if the Ravens and Chargers win out, the Bills win one, and the Titans lose out, the Bills lose the tiebreaker with the Chargers.

The Bills haven't played the Ravens, and they're currently beating them in the tiebreaker, but I think if both teams win out, than somehow the Ravens jump the Bills in the tiebreaker, not entirely sure though.

Christmas time and football. What could possibly go wrong? Enjoy this Christmas week's games!

Absolute horse ass in New England. Half-ending catch in the corner, originally called a touchdown, called back as an incompletion. No idea how you can overturn it or confirm, because either way it was incredibly close. Should have said inconclusive. Classic New England bias.

Ya two weeks in a row regarding a touchdown catch against the Patriots, that's pretty suspect. Let's not even get into how virtual no penalties have been called on them either in the past two games.

Replays should only overturn the call on the field if there's conclusive evidence, if it's inconclusive then the ruling on the field should stand.

I don't want to say there's a fix in, but it's sure starting to look like it.

Really shocked that Caldwell didn't challenge that incomplete pass. Not that it matters since the team decided not to show up today.

Really shocked that Caldwell didn't challenge that incomplete pass. Not that it matters since the team decided not to show up today.

Ya I was really hoping the Lions would win out so they could lose in the first round of the playoffs. Guess there's always next year to continuously disappoint me.

Bengals got a home win. Christmas miracle. And unlike the Lions, we did show up...the team, not the fans...

Ya I was really hoping the Lions would win out so they could lose in the first round of the playoffs. Guess there's always next year to continuously disappoint me.

Well, at least they got one last chance to disappoint us next week.

I hope the Jets lose next week because it will help their draft spot. But I have no idea how ties are broken for draft position.

I hope the Jets lose next week because it will help their draft spot. But I have no idea how ties are broken for draft position.
Same way ties are broken to determine who's in the playoffs.

I had to work today and forgot (or maybe didn't really care) to record the Bengals game. So naturally we won. Christmas miracle indeed. Not to worry, I'm sure the Ravens will hand us our butts next week to end the season. Just what I want, the Steelers AND Ravens (and Patriots) making the playoffs...:grumpy:

I wouldn't rule out Bengals ruining the Raven's wildcard hopes. The kind of random upset win that would totally happen.

Merry Christmas! This is the final Monday of NFL action for this regular season. So without a special preview or odds, let me just say...

Steelers at Texans TODAY! Raiders at Eagles TONIGHT!

Enjoy the Christmas NFL action, folks!

Ya two weeks in a row regarding a touchdown catch against the Patriots, that's pretty suspect. Let's not even get into how virtual no penalties have been called on them either in the past two games.

Replays should only overturn the call on the field if there's conclusive evidence, if it's inconclusive then the ruling on the field should stand.

I don't want to say there's a fix in, but it's sure starting to look like it.

The one versus Pittsburgh is definitely a catch, but under the current rules is not a catch. The one versus Buffalo...you cannot tell me that he clearly did not have possession and did not have two feet down. When they showed the split screen, and it definitely looked like he had possession, but from one angle his foot looked above the turf, and from the other you could see his toe dragging on the turf with pellets shooting up, at the least, it's inconclusive which equals touchdown. Oh, what if that was Tom to Gronk? Touchdown indefinitely.

Now the Bills need a bit of help. With a win over the Dolphins (which is not guaranteed), they would need:
- A Bengals win over the Ravens OR
- A Raiders win over the Chargers and a Jaguars win over the Titans

All those games are at 4:30, so we'll know at 8pm next Sunday whose in and whose out.

I can't believe how bad Derek Clown... I mean... Derek Carr got this year. He went from MVP level to Jamarcus Russell level in just a season.

And Tavecchio... my god... he needs to be fired as soon as the season ends...

I can't believe how bad Derek Clown... I mean... Derek Carr got this year. He went from MVP level to Jamarcus Russell level in just a season.

And Tavecchio... my god... he needs to be fired as soon as the season ends...

Carr got paid so I'm guessing that's why he fell off a cliff this year.

Back