2017 Rolex Daytona 24 Hour: Results Inside

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,149 comments
The GTD class looks absolutely amazing with the addition of the Acura NSX, the Lexus RC F in the fleet. It will be a good championship to follow this year. In GTLM looks like the Ford GT will nail it easily as Porsche is starting a brand new program, Ferrari doesn't show much improvement and the M6... I still can't understand what the hell is wrong with BMW.
The only hope is the Corvettes to brake Fords supremacy.

Last edited:
The overnight right now has a 80% chance of rain between 1-6 AM.

C3NEgHyWQAEvIcq.jpg

Wait a second, so from 2-5 the race will only be on the TV channel but not the App? But after that it's on both... They really like to screw with us

So is this supposed to be the thread for the Rolex 24, or are we using the IMSA thread for the Rolex 24? I'm confused about this. :confused:

Didn't realise this was going down, so will join in for a bit. I take it the live feed on the site picks up just before race start?

Edit: First tree'd of the thread.

So is this supposed to be the thread for the Rolex 24, or are we using the IMSA thread for the Rolex 24? I'm confused about this. :confused:

What we're hoping to see in the future is event-specific threads. F1 races all get their own thread, and there's no reason other series can't do the same. With the new front-page approach of tying the comments to forum threads, this makes it a lot more approachable for readers that aren't intimately familiar with the forums. A thread on the overall season—which can and should exist alongside event-specific ones—can be a very unwieldy thing to navigate if someone is looking for info on the current race.

:) 👍

What we're hoping to see in the future is event-specific threads. F1 races all get their own thread, and there's no reason other series can't do the same. With the new front-page approach of tying the comments to forum threads, this makes it a lot more approachable for readers that aren't intimately familiar with the forums. A thread on the overall season—which can and should exist alongside event-specific ones—can be a very unwieldy thing to navigate if someone is looking for info on the current race.

That makes reasonable sense. I personally found it ungodly annoying seeing a bazillion F1 threads when nobody else had standalone race threads (Le Mans being the main exception), but I'm fine with this since every other form of motorsports is getting its own independent race threads.

So this is "THE" thread for the race then? :boggled:

Back