2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
So true Skaife has been Biased towards Whincup all season and it's becoming tiresome. Needs to be like Crompo
I keep seeing a lot of people bring this up, but I can't see it as much as others. He seems pretty fair to me, but I can see how someone can think he's bias at times.

But back onto the race, I am quite nervous for Scotty having The Grub next to him. If he doesn't take him out straight up, he's definitely gonna give Scotty hell and make it hard for him. I'd just slip in behind SVG if I was him. Just not worth the risk at the moment.

I keep seeing a lot of people bring this up, but I can't see it as much as others. He seems pretty fair to me, but I can see how someone can think he's bias at times.

But back onto the race, I am quite nervous for Scotty having The Grub next to him. If he doesn't take him out straight up, he's definitely gonna give Scotty hell and make it hard for him. I'd just slip in behind SVG if I was him. Just not worth the risk at the moment.

I agree as well, yesterday DJRTP proved everything they needed too as T8 folded under the pressure on several occasions during the Saturday race.

Woo Hazelwood! Great stuff. Met him and his family and team at Phillip Island last year when I did a hot lap with him. Absolutely stoked.

Bummer for Will Brown though.

Woo Hazelwood! Great stuff. Met him and his family and team at Phillip Island last year when I did a hot lap with him. Absolutely stoked.

Bummer for Will Brown though.
Seems like a really good guy. Awesome result. 👍
I agree. I met him at Sandown in 2015 & he's one of the genuine nice guys you just have to like.

Now for a little rant.

There's three things I absolutely detest about Supercar telecasts.

1. The invocation. Coleman seems like a nice bloke but, not everyone subscribes to the religion thing or, believes in fairy tales.

2. The way Supercars wheels out some no-name, wanna be diva for her rendition of our National Anthem.

3. The obsession with televising James Warburton, sucking farts out of the local politician's ass.
Hopefully we don't have to watch the new bloke do the same.

The fact that Skaife is explaining that SVG and McLaughlin could bump into each other to help Whincup and that McLaughlin was worried about what SVG will do on the start is when being interviewed is very telling and worrying :/

I wonder if RD will accept a payment plan? :bowdown:

PLP radar is definitely out of whack.
The replay from Scott's onboard camera with telementary, shows he was doing 38 km/h.

Supercars should withdraw the PLP but, they won't.

At this rate, he won't be the last to get a PLP.

The fact that SVG made up a lot of ground on pit entry means he was also speeding I wonder if its just accepted that you can speed when in close proximity to the car in front

Supercars should withdraw the PLP but, they won't.

I almost forgot PLP's were even a thing. They seem to be mad for time penalties these days. Apparently speeding in pit lane is a worse offence than punting another car into the wall? *shrugs*

The fact that SVG made up a lot of ground on pit entry means he was also speeding I wonder if its just accepted that you can speed when in close proximity to the car in front
The radar unfortunately can't catch the car behind, so the car behind can always get away with it.

Back