2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
I reckon this will be Brights last season and he will become an endurance driver. This would smart by prodrive as bright is well past his use by date
I don't think Prodrive have a say, doesn't Bright own the REC? But yes, I agree Bright should retire and (maybe?) become an endurance driver.

I don't think Prodrive have a say, doesn't Bright own the REC?

He does.

Anyway, isn't Jacobson the one being groomed to take over from Bright eventually? Think if Stanaway wants a full time drive he's going to have to look outside of PRA for it.
Ninja Edit: But you can keep Russell Crowe!!!!

They can have old Rusty back, if we can have Scotty Mac. Seems a fair trade imo. :lol:

Last edited:
He does.

Anyway, isn't Jacobson the one being groomed to take over from Bright eventually? Think if Stanaway wants a full time drive he's going to have to look outside of PRA for it.

They can have old Rusty back, if we can have Scotty Mac. Seems a fair trade imo. :lol:
Not if the season he's currently having continues

Nah you keep him we're good

Fifteen events likely for 2018; sixteen a possibility if an agreement can be reached with Tailem Bend:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/07/14/supercars-2018-calendar-taking-shape/

A round in support of the Singapore Grand Prix has been put forward.

Sounds like The Bend is set to get some competition with a proposed circuit only a few hours away in Mildura.
I quite like that layout. I have my doubts about Tailem Bend - it looks more like a facility for testing road cars first and a racing circuit second.

I have my doubts about Tailem Bend - it looks more like a facility for testing road cars first and a racing circuit second.
I wouldn't say that, they have probably tried to fit too many corners into the full 'Endurance' layout, which could be what gives you that impression. Honestly, despite the fact that I'll most likely attend the potential Supercars round at The Bend, it doesn't exactly strike me as a circuit that will suit the cars (regardless of track configuration), I feel like the circuit might produce racing akin to what we've seen from Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Shanghai and Austin.

they have probably tried to fit too many corners into the full 'Endurance' layout, which could be what gives you that impression
Maybe, but looking at the shortest layout - the one that I think is probably going to be used by Supercars - there's nothing interesting there.

Singapore GP organisers, are requesting V8s to headline the day time running event.
I think it would only work if they turned left instead of right at Turn 8 and rejoined the circuit at Turn 14. The full circuit has such a low average speed that it has the longest lap time on the Formula 1 calendar, so I don't think it would be good in a Supercar.

I think it would only work if they turned left instead of right at Turn 8 and rejoined the circuit at Turn 14. The full circuit has such a low average speed that it has the longest lap time on the Formula 1 calendar, so I don't think it would be good in a Supercar.
Here's the capper, Sandown would have to be moved.

I'm happy for it to move. Move Pukekohe up after Taz. Sandown can follow GC or Move Bathurst to the penultimate round. Keeps the teams in NSW. I don't know how that works for the international drivers, but would make an awesome bookend of the series.

I'm happy for it to move. Move Pukekohe up after Taz. Sandown can follow GC or Move Bathurst to the penultimate round. Keeps the teams in NSW. I don't know how that works for the international drivers, but would make an awesome bookend of the series.
Good plan but I reckon chuck a race at Hamptons or Highlands to make 2 NZ rounds would be pretty nice. Probs won't happen though

Back