2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Too bad the circuit doesn't have long enough straights. Sounds nice! Seems as though they haven't screwed it up. ...Unlike some other major racing series who made this change not too long ago...

F1 didn't screw it up, it would have sounded just as good had it not been for engine manufactures wanting something out of building multi-million dollar engines. And that is hybrid units, this was also a desire of the FIA. Something that can be used for research and returned to the road. Renault and Mercedes have claimed it's been a massive help, Ferrari doesn't care, but the turbo technology has helped in their more smaller V8s and by default Alfa and their V6 turbo performance engine.

They hybrid units take wasted energy and convert it else where to have the most efficient Motorsport engines in the world ever. Now luckily we have other series like VASC that take these V6 turbo engines and don't have to worry about directing turbo energy and manifolds toward an MGU-H or MGU-K in some respects. So we get pure sound that rivals that of the current V8s. Trying to have a go at one sport for doing it a certain way and another for not is apples to oranges.

Davison could be out. Maybe he gets a year by year contract. RD could persuade Webb and let Campbell know there is a seat for 2019 If he wants to go for Supercars.
- top team
- brand new car
- champion drivers for support
I reckon Campbell will win the Supercup then he won't come back even to co-drive.

Webb could open up the spot to Stanaway if he can bring a sponsor. Ice break maybe?

Going back to the V6 video, I thought it was funny that the facebook comments were full of negative nancies, but to my surprise most of the YouTube comments are positive.

Except for this guy. And this is too funny not to share. :lol:

redbull.png

I reckon Campbell will win the Supercup then he won't come back even to co-drive.

Webb could open up the spot to Stanaway if he can bring a sponsor. Ice break maybe?
Even though I feel Matt will listen to ObiWan(Webber), Palpatine(RD) will be giving Matt the 5-star treatment come September.

If Stanaway impresses again, I can see Webb drafting that deal(if he waits til after Bathurst to decide on Davison).

For those that want to at and the Newcastle 500:
https://tickets.oztix.com.au/?Event=76061
FB_IMG_1500594120418.jpg

There is a mid-level building across and a hi-rise I lived in, on the corner. You won't see the run down Shortland Esplanade. To the left will be Turn 2. So, you'll be able to see the full run in anger, from Turn 1, up Watt St to Turn 2.

I'm actually swapping flats with a friend that lives a couple buildings to the right of this pic. It's going to be loud for sure.

Other news
http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/bathurst-deadline-for-2018-calendar/

I hope so. They should also do some demo Laps or something at one of the rounds
Maybe they do it next week or the GC500. Don't have to travel interstate.

Other than that, I think we're waiting until the Wildcard rounds. Wonder who's going to drive it.

The V6 really does sound different, but I absolutely love it. Does sound a lot like the Nissan GT-R GT3 engine though. Interested decision to not have it implemented full-time next season. Will please a lot of people, especially the punters on the hill. I can just imagine hearing this thing at Sandown, it will be epic. Might be one of the best sounding 6 cylinders I've ever heard. I can't wait to see the new Commodore on the grid.

On another note, I wished I lived between Sandown and Phillip Island; so I could visit both tracks easier. I live too far away from Phillip Island and it will irritate me when Sandown goes.

The V6 really does sound different, but I absolutely love it. Does sound a lot like the Nissan GT-R GT3 engine though. Interested decision to not have it implemented full-time next season. Will please a lot of people, especially the punters on the hill. I can just imagine hearing this thing at Sandown, it will be epic. Might be one of the best sounding 6 cylinders I've ever heard. I can't wait to see the new Commodore on the grid.

On another note, I wished I lived between Sandown and Phillip Island; so I could visit both tracks easier. I live too far away from Phillip Island and it will irritate me when Sandown goes.
When i lived in St. Kilda West, i didn't mind the drive to PI. I was just happy V8s would visit 3 times a year.

When i lived in St. Kilda West, i didn't mind the drive to PI. I was just happy V8s would visit 3 times a year.
Pretty much how I feel about Tailem Bend. Not fussed if the track isn't the most exciting looking (we'll see though), or that it's a decent drive from Adelaide. I'm just glad I get the opportunity to see the cars in person twice a year and to experience the atmosphere of a live sporting event.

Not bad, the in-car shots I thought sounded better, or at least different. But this also looks like it was filmed on iPhone vision, so there's only so much we're getting in terms of sound.
I like having different engine notes, so honestly, I really don't mind the change. It'll be nice in the mix. Reminds me of the Volvos in some way.

So for the American who doesn't get all of the news for this series: is the V6 turbo just for Triple 8 Racing, or is this going forward on all Holdens in the near future? I imagine the Holden V8s won't suddenly become obsolete.

Oh, and the wagon is just a test car, right? They're not actually going to race that... are they...? (Not gonna lie, that might actually be fun to watch. Also reminds me of Volvo :D)

Not bad, the in-car shots I thought sounded better, or at least different. But this also looks like it was filmed on iPhone vision, so there's only so much we're getting in terms of sound.
I like having different engine notes, so honestly, I really don't mind the change. It'll be nice in the mix. Reminds me of the Volvos in some way.

So for the American who doesn't get all of the news for this series: is the V6 turbo just for Triple 8 Racing, or is this going forward on all Holdens in the near future? I imagine the Holden V8s won't suddenly become obsolete.

Oh, and the wagon is just a test car, right? They're not actually going to race that... are they...? (Not gonna lie, that might actually be fun to watch. Also reminds me of Volvo :D)
Next year, all Holden's will run the V8 in the new Holden VXR. Only Red Bull HRT will run the V6 at choice events known as Wildcards(an event(s) that allow Super2 teams to join the main game). Then, the V6 will be available in all Holdens, 2019.

The new Commodore will come in hatch and wagon form. I wouldn't be surprised if Holden ask RBHRT to do another one off "Sandman".

Back