2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,314 views
One little incident and everyone starts complaining. Talk about a knee jerk reaction.

Hardly 'one little incident'. Its been happening for years at all of the smaller tracks. Especially Barbagallo, just look back to this year where SVG almost had a possibly huge accident due to the traffic at the end of the back straight.
 
Simmons Plains had it's fair share. As McLaughlin said, teams just need to be on the horn.
 
Especially Barbagallo, just look back to this year where SVG almost had a possibly huge accident due to the traffic at the end of the back straight.

Admittingly, I had forgotten about that one. :dunce: Think there needs to be more onus on the teams to inform the drivers on what's happening on the track.
 
They could just ban weaving in qualifying for some of the shorter tracks. This should force them into running at pace to heat the rears, pit and swap the rears to the front, then go on their out lap with pre-warmed fronts and cold rears. By the time they get round again all four should be warm and off they go on their flyer. All cars should be travelling at pace all the time.


....or just use tyre warmers:sly:
 
The run down Fort Scratchley to the hairpin, in the distance, and loop back towards the pits(out of shot).
View attachment 655979
Someone posted Nobby's progress on Facebook
nobbys.jpg


Edit:
Doesn't quite pull it off. Needs gold wheels... yeah.
Erebus-concept.png

1491552524513
 
Last edited:
Doesn't quite pull it off. Needs gold wheels... yeah.

Having the Penrite logo as the channel 9 dots doesn't work either, imo.
 
Garry, Garry, Garry... Who could he sign for next year?

Golding to take Moffat's seat at GRM, with Moff moving over to Erebus to replace Wood. Win win.
 
Golding to take Moffat's seat at GRM, with Moff moving over to Erebus to replace Wood. Win win.
Good Call Golding deserves a drive and Tander and Scotty Mac both have proved Moffat doesn't quite have it at GRM
 
Don't know where Moff could go. I don't see him at PRA or BJR and I can see LDM selling their RECs to MW Motorsport(whether that actually happens is another matter).
 
Looks better on Bruce Williams Torana

I do like the Torana but it's a little plain? Have to see what the Percat's ride actually looks like but at the moment, I'm liking it better than the Dunlop livery he ran last round.
 
Looks better on Bruce Williams Torana
r0_65_1280_787_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
Yes, maybe but, ask yourself what would you rather have if they were both painted white?

Personally, I'm swayed by the Torana as a canvass :bowdown:
 
I do like the Torana but it's a little plain? Have to see what the Percat's ride actually looks like but at the moment, I'm liking it better than the Dunlop livery he ran last round.

Plain is not the word uncluttered is.

Yes, maybe but, ask yourself what would you rather have if they were both painted white?

Personally, I'm swayed by the Torana as a canvass :bowdown:
Still have the Torana even in white
 
All I know is, next year, the races better be spaced closer. That was the promise for this year(even without an Asian round).
Bring back the Sydney test day, after the B12H. Keep this SMP exhibition weekend thing they are planning. Let's see a few back to back weekends.
 
All I know is, next year, the races better be spaced closer. That was the promise for this year(even without an Asian round).
Bring back the Sydney test day, after the B12H. Keep this SMP exhibition weekend thing they are planning. Let's see a few back to back weekends.
And more rounds
 
And more rounds
We'll get that with The Bend. That pushes it to 15 rounds(after making the AGP points paying).
Still waiting on those proposed Asia rounds.
Also, the Pukekohe contract ends this year.
 
Back