2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Per usual.
Rick stayed ahead of Frosty. The car was good. With the #97 strategy, might have been even better.
Crompo just said all the international GT drivers in Europe want a go at Bathurst like Earl Bamber. So combine the Dunlop series and main game since they already run a 250km non points race and open up more drives for those international drivers and have a giant Bathurst grid.
Something like this could be effective at the new QR layout. Just make the S2 cars use the old pit lane(if it's still there).

Please tell Fabs to move.
As much as I want McLaughlin to win, I was hoping his start wouldn't be perfect just to make the race a little interesting, unfortunately Coulthard made it a bit too difficult. Prodrive's great strategy has helped out though, I think we might have a real good fight for the lead now.

How I'd love to see Mostert in a DJRTP Falcon though. I feel like having him and McLaughlin together would make for the strongest team in the field.

It's on now!

It's interesting that nobody has really made a huge deal out of the tyre blowouts this year. Unlike F1, where teams, drivers and fans would be calling for the heads of those responsible of the manufacturing.

Too many replays...
It's perpetual. There's a replay with multiple angles and slow motion, they miss something happening live, so they replay that incident with multiple angles and slow motion, something else happens... :irked:

YES! Great finish.

Simona tried, but she's stuck behind some crazy people. Plus, dunno if Hazelwood did his codriver any favours back there.

Just sell the rwd Q, as a Nissan Skyline with an I4T and V6. Crowds would jump in that. Still plenty 4-door Skylines on the road.

Stinger GT is going to sell well here. The Skyline name holds weight. Hopefully(probably won't happen) someone in PR sees that connection in Australia.

Nissan have justified GT-R as a rwd 4-cylinder, a rwd V6, a fwd hybrid. NISMO doesn't translate into Infiniti. That's the only problem.

The Q in Japan, is badged as a 350GT with the Infiniti emblem on the front and Skyline on the rear. Would Nissan be willing to make a special NISMO version of the Q50 or Q60 Coupe, by dropping the Infiniti badge?

So many engine and body choices.

Newcastle 500 trophy
Winner.png

The Bend
The-Bend-2.png

The-Bend.png

Pit-straght.png

If I'd known they were this far along (and thought of it) I would have had a look last weekend. I was just down the road at Murray Bridge :banghead:
Oh well, maybe next time :)
I'm staying away for now. Too much traffic. Watt St is a war zone, as the crews are working 6 days, 6am-11pm.
Some businesses have shut due to no parking.

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/tander-calls-for-split-qualifying/
I gonna have to disagree with Tander here because even though at first glance I thought it would be good I reckon everyone should have the same track at the same time also practice 3 will turn into a qualifying session
Oh poor Garth can't manage to find some track space with less than 30 cars out there.

How ever would he have coped in the days of multiple classes & wildly differing driving standards?

Boo hoo :rolleyes:

Back