2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Missed opportunity for a figure eight.

Saw a really cool concept either on here or another sight that had a Bridge, but this actual concept looks decent nonetheless. Much better than the first design they were seeming to go with. I did notice though, the right hander where the final corner is currently, looks quite awkward and tricky on entry with a small bend first off.

About the SCA Retro livery, I like Briggs because it's the most 'Retro', although Ingall's to me is the most attractive. Murphy's is the most successful out of the 3 and the most recognisable so I'd say that will likely win.

Saw a really cool concept either on here or another sight that had a Bridge, but this actual concept looks decent nonetheless. Much better than the first design they were seeming to go with. I did notice though, the right hander where the final corner is currently, looks quite awkward and tricky on entry with a small bend first off.

About the SCA Retro livery, I like Briggs because it's the most 'Retro', although Ingall's to me is the most attractive. Murphy's is the most successful out of the 3 and the most recognisable so I'd say that will likely win.
Yes, that bend/kink looks like a good set up for the straight. Could be a good passing spot.

Dunlop livery for Percat this weekend.

Percat-Dunlop-640x426.png

In unsurprising news LDM has another driver this time it's Alex Davidson http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/07/26/alex-davison-lands-ldm-supercars-drive/
He's better than Dale Wood, but the LDM car isn't up to snuff. So, if he can at least run with SDS or Blanchatd, I think that's the best he'll do. The Wildcards might even make it a bit difficult.

I see PENSKE have added a third car to its NASCAR lineup. Never mind what Cindric said, any chance of PENSKE making room for Mostert?

Mostert did a great job at DJR. I just can't see stubborn Jason Bright, leaving next year. Plus, PRA have a back log of drivers. Waters is sure to stay and so is Frosty. What if Stanaway does get a deal to for PRA as a coodriver next year or gets Jacobson's seat and Jacobson gets Bright's ride?

Mostert's best shot at consistency, would be with DJRTP. That would be a formidable lineup.

I like to see him give it a go. Currently is best option is probs at LDM as the other teams all seem to have long term co-drivers sorted. Maybe for SVG if Matt Campbells calendar next season clashes with the 1000

Hopefully he can do the 12H. Getting laps on the mountain first. Then, try to understand the Gen2.

I have today off. Feels good to watch first Practice with the alternate drivers. Interesting how the teams determine down force generated. Garth Tander said the teams have the driver run at 4th gear on the limiter at about 200km/h(as David Russell just did in the #78). Then, when the driver comes in the pit lane on the limiter @40km/h, the team measure the difference in damper rate, to determine the down force.

Stanaway is in the #6
Chada is in the #3
D'Alberto got to drive the #17 and now he's in the #12

Support races are:

TCM
V8 Utes
AGT
F4
Edit: V8 Super Tourer
Carrera Cup

Last edited:
Red flag Practice 3 for #23, stopped off track. Maybe electrical drama.

Edit: Remote master switch plug failed.

Last edited:
Crompo just said all the international GT drivers in Europe want a go at Bathurst like Earl Bamber. So combine the Dunlop series and main game since they already run a 250km non points race and open up more drives for those international drivers and have a giant Bathurst grid.

If Blanchard does good during the enduros, Blanchard should make way for Hazelwood. Fantastic job indeed.

Lebrocq and Davies did good as well. Problem is, some of the champions were down the order. We'll see what happens in Qualy.

I wish Supercars would start their sessions on the hour/half-hour more often. It's a lot less confusing.

Aw man, the ACDelco Torana is just smashed.

Edit: Win it or bin it by the Trans Am. That thing had excellent brakes until then.

Last edited:
No further action against Alex Davison for holding up McLaughlin during qualifying. Whincup however, has been pinged five spots for contact with Moffat in pitlane.

No further action against Alex Davison for holding up McLaughlin during qualifying. Whincup however, has been pinged five spots for contact with Moffat in pitlane.
Yeah, heads will role on that one.

I feel this will be a great race.

Caruso bungled that start. Whincup didn't get much gain. Action packed start though. Simona got held up in that mess.

Back