2017 World Rally ChampionshipRally 

• Thread starter Accro2008
  • 776 comments
Please correct me if I am wrong but being entered as a WRC2 runner (rather than a regular entry in a R5 car) includes testing restrictions. The only reason I can see for him to do that is because he expects to not drive a WRC or WRC16 car this season, he is surely favourite for the championship though (he has good form in a [Older] Fabia, he won IRC when it was as competitive as WRC).

There is no testing restriction for P2 Drivers (WRC2) concerning WRC cars. ;)
http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/119
> Sporting regulation > Point 66 Testing

edit : Mads Østberg should also be in Monte Carlo with a 2016 fiesta wrc Team Adapta Motorsport, and with a private 2017 fiesta wrc later in the season.

Last edited:
No surprises there - he owns Adapta.
Almost, his dad Morten Ostberg runs the team. Would be a welcome re-union though, Mads' best results came with the family team in 2012.

Another quirk from the RMC entry list is that the works Citroen team will enter their 3rd driver Craig Breen in a DS3 (Not enough C3's will be ready for the start of the season).

The FIA have published a list of manufacturer entries for the season. As expected, M-Sport, Hyundai, Citroën and Toyota are all there. There is no mention of a privately-entered Volkswagen or DMACK, but we know that DMACK plan on running at least one (and possibly two) Fiestas. They may have to run in the WRC Trophy until the new cars are ready.

Local newspaper Nice Matin announces 75 entries at the Rally Monte Carlo 2017 (confirmed by the Automobile Club Monte Carlo) :
http://www.nicematin.com/auto/75-equipages-au-depart-du-85e-rallye-monte-carlo-102715

10 wrc 2017 at the start, with Evans in the third 2017 ford fiesta wrc under the D-Mack banner.
Also Mikkelsen running as an official Skoda Driver; and a few RGT on the list with a bunch of new 124 abarth (Delecour, Betti...) and Romain Dumas in a 911 gt3rs, no news yet concerning WRC-Cup entries.
Full list to be unveiled later.

Edit : In Norvegian Newspaper interview, Mikkelsen says he is hoping for a 2017 Polo wrc in Sweeden :
http://www.vg.no/sport/motorsport/m...te-vm-planen-gaar-for-gull-i-2018/a/23877895/

Last edited:
In Norvegian Newspaper interview, Mikkelsen says he is hoping for a 2017 Polo wrc in Sweeden :
Makes sense. The rescue deal was happening far too late for Monte Carlo. If the 2017 Polo started the season in Sweden, there is no chance of winning the Manufacturers' title.

Autosport are reporting Mikkelsen's situation slightly differently, suggesting that the Qatari bid to run the 2017 Polos is dead in the water in all but name, and that Nasser al-Attiyah will compete in the WRC Trophy in a 2016 Polo instead.

And here is the last contender the C3 wrc 2017 :
15585312_741165222698553_5274231334731568020_o.jpg

A bit sooner for GTP than anywhere else. :D

edit : One more picture
15675804_741170616031347_1952814723593073962_o.jpg

Last edited:
No major revisions to the car compared to the version we saw earlier. The rear wing looks new, but isn't substantially different. Surprised at how underdeveloped the car looks from behind; the rear end of the Fiesta and Yaris would not look out of place in a Star Wars film, but the C3 just looks like a C3.

It looks like their WTCC cars from last year. It's ok I guess.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that when Citroën decided to commit to the WRC and walk away from the WTCC, they decided to use the C-Elysée to test and develop parts for the C3 WRC.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that when Citroën decided to commit to the WRC and walk away from the WTCC, they decided to use the C-Elysée to test and develop parts for the C3 WRC.
I was talking about the livery specifically. I could definitely see them doing that though...very different race cars, but race cars none the less.

Completely unrelated, but does anyone know where this is?

Not very high speed, but damn is it narrow and twisty. Kind of takes "Green Hell" to a whole new level :lol:

The Yaris definitely look the maddest. For now, the Citroen looks the best, but I'll wait until they reveal the Fiesta's livery to make the final call.

Yaris looks over the top.

Hyundai looks dated. The over fenders from the side, don't match the silhouette.

DS3 looks simple and plain. Maybe good. Maybe in a bad way.

The Fiesta looks like "DC" should be displayed all over.

Having watched the video posted to Twitter, they're clearly trying to set something up. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it does seem like a fairly elaborate production for something like a reveal of the car they were going to enter.

It wouldn't be the first time we've seen a country sponsorship deal try to save a team from withdrawal:
abudhabi.jpg

Hopefully this effort is more successful and we can see Mikkelsen and Al-Attiyah in Sweden (Missing RMC makes more sense with this scenario, Nasser will be busy in Argentina racing an Hilux).

Japan, rally Tour de Kyushu 2014. 👍
Thanks :). Has Japan ever held a round for WRC? With Toyota back in the mix, I personally think it would be awesome if there was a WRC round in Japan...mostly Tarmac, preferably in Gunma Prefecture :P

I was actually watching some of the coverage of the 2015 Japan Rally Championship on Toyota Gazoo's official channel (no idea why there's no 2016 coverage), and they have some really cool looking stages. Some of the Togë stages are so iconic, and beautiful, and fast as hell, while some of the "special stages" through parks in urban areas look spectacular, and lastly you have insanely tight and twisty stages through forest so thick it feels like you're in a tunnel.

Back