Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Very sad news tonight, even though it was inevitable, but Police say that he body recovered from the plane wreckage in the English Channel has been identified as Footballer Emiliano Sala.

We all knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it any less tragic.

RIP Emiliano. :(

Games this weekend.

Saturday
Brighton v Burnley (5.30 BT)
Crystal Palace v West Ham
Fulham v Man United (12.30 Sky)
Huddersfield v Arsenal
Liverpool v Bournemouth
Southampton v Cardiff
Watford v Everton

Sunday
Man City v Chelsea (4pm Sky)
Tottenham v Leicester (1.30 Sky)

Monday Night
Wolves v Newcastle (8pm Sky)

The story involving Emiliano Sala is just awful and mysterious. My condolences go out to E. Sala and all whom known and loved him.

82 mins: Aston Villa 0-3 Sheffield United
Final score: Aston Villa 3-3 Sheffield United

A great advert for the Championship.

Very sad news tonight, even though it was inevitable, but Police say that he body recovered from the plane wreckage in the English Channel has been identified as Footballer Emiliano Sala.

We all knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it any less tragic.

RIP Emiliano. :(

Are there flight data recorders (black boxes) in planes that small?

Full times from today.

Fulham 0-3 Man United
Liverpool 3-0 Bournemouth
Southampton 1-2 Cardiff
Watford 1-0 Everton
Crystal Palace 1-1 West Ham
Huddersfield 1-2 Arsenal
Brighton 1-3 Burnley

Unfortunately two Southampton fans were detained after appearing to mock Emiliano Sala.

Are Chelsea on strike? That's the only way I can explain their 4-0 deficit after the first 27 minutes!

I predicted Man City 4 Chelsea 1 on the NBC predictor app but I didn't think the 4 MC goals would come in the 1st half.

Great weekend for Man United. 👍

Where do Sarri and Chelsea go from here?!, Sarri went straight down the tunnel without shaking Pep's hand.

Great weekend for Man United. 👍

Where do Sarri and Chelsea go from here?!, Sarri went straight down the tunnel without shaking Pep's hand.
It was perfect for United, we are ahead of Chelsea on points and goal difference after that. PSG and then Liverpool, a very important week for us ahead.

aj8Pvdx_460s.jpg

I wonder if we'll ever know how good this Man City team is when they play a big team?

Sarri went straight down the tunnel without shaking Pep's hand.

Was Sarri ever asked about what happened with the no hand shake thing? NBC showed his post match interview but he was never asked about it. I know the managers usually do a second press conference type of post match interviews.

Aaron Ramsey has signed a pre-contract at Juventus, at about £400k per week!

Are weekly salaries per week in regard to the amount of weeks in a season or amount of weeks in a year?
Weeks in a year, so £400,000 per week = £20,800,000 per year. Not bad for kicking a ball around a field.

£400k per week for Ramsey isn't a bad return, he's a very good player but I don't think he's worth that much. Messi and Ronaldo are on about £500k per week.

Wolves and Newcastle finished 1-1, Isaac Hayden with a nice finish for Newcastle and then a Boly equaliser in the 95th minute, it initially looked like a foul on Dubravka in the build up as Boly headed the ball out of his hands but Dubravka missed the ball completely, new signing Almiron looked good when he came on for Newcastle on 70th minute.

Weeks in a year, so £400,000 per week = £20,800,000 per year. Not bad for kicking a ball around a field.

£400k per week for Ramsey isn't a bad return, he's a very good player but I don't think he's worth that much. Messi and Ronaldo are on about £500k per week.
Although without a transfer fee to pay it's easier to swallow.

Sad to hear of Gordan Banks passing, a World Cup winning goalkeeper and the best goalkeeper England have ever had.

Sad news indeed, a true great of English football.

Although without a transfer fee to pay it's easier to swallow.
Very true, look at Alexis Sanchez, even before we had the hindisght of knowing he wouldn't set Old Trafford alight, he wasn't worth the highest salary in the Premier League. But like Ramsey, he had no transfer fee (albit we did send Mikhitaryan the other way) which mitigated the high salary somewhat.

We have shot ourselves in the foot with him though, not only becuase he hasn't clicked, but other players now want higher salary increases before agreeing new contracts. We've seen several players stalling and a lot of that may have been due to Jose, but I personally think we're probably paying other players more after contract renewals than we otherwise would have had to becuase of the wage Sanchez is on.

Declan Rice has finally chosen to play for England after what seems like an eternity of him choosing between Ireland and England, he has won three caps for Ireland but none of them were competitive matches.

Back