Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watching second city Derby what a scumbag that so called fan is. Hope he get strung up by his short and curlies. Its technically assault what he did to Grealish.

Redemption for Grealish as he scores the winning goal, but maybe the match should've been abandoned after that idiot ran on the pitch and attacked him.

That was a very end to end game between United and Arsenal yesterday, very dissapointed we didn't take anything from the game but we should have taken our chances, we had plenty of them. A couple of sub-par performances cost us yesterday despite the team playing well overall IMO

The penalty was never a penalty, Lacazette knew exactley what he was doing and he dived to win that, but Lukaku could have had us 1 or 2 goals up before Arsenal scored, so we can only blame ourselves. Though I do still think that the penalty was a decisive point in the game. De Gea, Pogba and Rashford all had off days, now we'll get to see how the team responds.

Good to see Fred play well and also Martial back in action.

Redemption for Grealish as he scores the winning goal, but maybe the match should've been abandoned after that idiot ran on the pitch and attacked him.
If it were any more serious, then it should probably have been abandoned - but at least the stupid arsehole has been jailed for 14 weeks and banned from football stadia for 10 years.

-

That said, I do believe the attacker when he said he had no intention of attacking a player when he jumped over the barriers - it is a seemingly inexplicable act of stupidity to do something as daft as that knowing that there is no way you would possibly get away with it... it does have all the hallmarks of an impulsive act that had no serious motive. But, unfortunately for him, he needs to be punished severely and a few months in jail seems like a decent punishment. Given that he has a young family, however, it is a severe punishment, albeit fully deserved. Doubtless he will also lose any job he may have had too, and will live to regret a moment of madness.

With a bit of luck, it will bring attention to the concept of the 'impulse crime' and the idea that people need to avoid this kind of behaviour at all costs. Luckily, it wasn't any worse for the person he attacked, but for the perpetrator and his family, it will be a very hard lesson.

Zidane honey what is you doing

This will show if he is a great trainer, or that he was riding the Ronaldo Express.

With a bit of luck, it will bring attention to the concept of the 'impulse crime' and the idea that people need to avoid this kind of behaviour at all costs.

Knowing how humans work now that scoring likes is a thing, we will see more of it, with people carrying their cameras.

Louis Van Gaal has retired from Football, I know he is not highly thought of at United but he did do some good things like give Rashford his debut, he signed Martial and won an FA Cup.

This will show if he is a great trainer, or that he was riding the Ronaldo Express.

Knowing how humans work now that scoring likes is a thing, we will see more of it, with people carrying their cameras.
Not sure how Zidane will deal with VAR.
/s

d1zthdqxcaeu-rvq0jpm.jpg

4aaW5ZT.gif

Last edited:
I think Real Madrid do need a player overhaul this Summer, simply because of the crap season that they have had.

I think Real Madrid do need a player overhaul this Summer, simply because of the crap season that they have had.
Lots of old players that that have fallen off the cliff form wise.

It looks like they might be in a Battle with Man Utd for Jadon Sancho as well(even though I think he will probably stay at BVB).

If it were any more serious, then it should probably have been abandoned - but at least the stupid arsehole has been jailed for 14 weeks and banned from football stadia for 10 years.
There's a couple of things I don't know or understand.
Firstly, how are these bans enforced? I'm assuming he can't buy tickets online or have any sent to his address; but what's to stop them being bought on his behalf? Is every member of security supposed to recognise him?

Secondly, the jail time is less than last time it happened at a Blues/Villa game and that person only laughed & flicked the v's at Peter Enckelman. That's not exactly sending a message.

Firstly, how are these bans enforced? I'm assuming he can't buy tickets online or have any sent to his address; but what's to stop them being bought on his behalf? Is every member of security supposed to recognise him?

Secondly, the jail time is less than last time it happened at a Blues/Villa game and that person only laughed & flicked the v's at Peter Enckelman. That's not exactly sending a message.
Good points - although I would imagine that he could well be subject to a court order meaning that if he is caught entering a stadium then he could be returned to jail without trial. It does, however, seem quite lenient, but his personal circumstances and motives ought to be taken into account - IIRC, he has a young child and his partner is currently pregnant, which probably influenced the sentence.

Is any disciplinary action going to come from the guy running out onto the pitch at The Emirates on Sunday?
If you mean Paul Pogba, he got a yellow card and should hopefully be dropped to the bench for the foreseeable future :P

LAST WEEK
Zidane: I've already turned down the Real Madrid job this season

THIS WEEK
Zidane reppointed Real Madrid manager

aqbr3V1.gif

A little update on the Football schedule for the next few weeks, its the FA Cup quarter finals this weekend but there are still five Premier League games on, three on 3pm Saturday and two on Sunday, there is an International break the week after as the Euro 2020 qualifiers start, and then normal Premier League stuff resumes on 30th March.

Breaking news! Paul Scholes has left the Oldham job after just 31 day and 7 games in charge, it seems like he didn't/wont get his say on everything at the club, which is what he implied in his statement. he only won 1 out of his 7 games.

Lots of old players that that have fallen off the cliff form wise.

It looks like they might be in a Battle with Man Utd for Jadon Sancho as well(even though I think he will probably stay at BVB).

Unless Sancho pulls a Dembele and refuses to play until he gets transferred, I can't see BVB moving him. He just signed a contract through 2022, so I can't see him moving until 2020 or 2021 at the earliest.

Unless a team makes an insane offer of over 150 million. Then it's pretty easy to see Sancho get moved.

Games this weekend.

Saturday
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Burnley v Leicester
West Ham v Huddersfield

Sunday
Everton v Chelsea (4.30 Sky)
Fulham v Liverpool (2.15 Sky)

Reduced schedule because of the FA Cup and there is an International break after this week which lasts a fortnight.

An oil money fueled lobby has ensured that the FIFA agreed on a new setup for the World Cup for clubs.

Instead of 7 clubs it will be a tournament with 24 teams, and instead of December it will be held instead of the Confederations Cup, in the Summer. The European Club Association and their clubs will boycott this new setup because of their already packed calendars.

Full times from today.

Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle
Burnley 1-2 Leicester
West Ham 4-3 Huddersfield

Plenty of goals, 94th minute equaliser for Newcastle, Leicester down to 10 men for most of the match after Maguire saw red after just 4 mins but managed to get a win, West Ham were 1-3 down on 75 mins but then had an amazing comeback, the equaliser and the winner both from Chicharito on 84 mins and 91!

Liverpool aren't displaying the killer instinct right now but still got it done at Fulham. I thought Van Dyk and Alisson had thrown away 2 points but they got bailed out by a late Fulham penalty.

We have got to try and stop Messi in a couple of weeks.

The key word in that sentence is 'try'!

EFL have confirmed that Birmingham have been deducted nine points for breaching profitability and sustainability rules, prior to the deduction they were 13th in the Championship with 50 points, Losing nine points drops them five places to 18th with 41 points and leaves them five points above the relegation zone with eight games left.

Adam Johnson has been released from prison after serving three years of a six year sentence for child sex offences.

Back