Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tottenham finally opened their new stadium yesterday with an under 18s match v Southampton under 18s, they won 3-1 in the first of two test events before their first proper game there against Crystal Palace on April 3rd. Over 30,000 where in attendance and the stadium looked incredible.

The second test event will be a legends match against Inter Milan on Saturday, former Spurs players taking part will include Gary Mabbutt, Paul Gascoigne (yes really!) Rafael Van Der Vaart, Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

If Man Utd still have that (20-30 Million Pound)buy back clause on Memphis Depay I would be using it asap.

Because he finally played 2 decent games again?
He isn't consistent enough to be a top level player. And besides that, he has the same attitude and mentality as Balotelli.

Bayern Munich sign Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid for €80m. He will join the team on June 30 in addition to fellow World Cup winner with France Benjamin Pavard.

Man Utd appoint Solskjaer as their new manager...
I thought that news would have come a few days ago, it was heavilly touted that he would be announced during the International break. Fantastic news from a fans perspective, Ole couldn't have done much better over his first 19 games. From a business perspective, it would have made more sense to wait until later in the season, but I'm glad they've not taken the "business route" with this, as the business side of United often dominates. This has provided a huge lift after Ole's first back to back defeats and hopefully we can steam on and secure top 4.

Look what's back this week.....Finally!

Saturday
Brighton v Southampton
Burnley v Wolves
Crystal Palace v Huddersfield
Fulham v Man City (12.30 Sky)
Leicester v Bournemouth
Man United v Watford
West Ham v Everton (5.30 BT)

Sunday
Cardiff v Chelsea (2.05 Sky)
Liverpool v Tottenham (4.30 Sky)

Monday Night
Arsenal v Newcastle (8pm Sky)

There are games in midweek next week so ill post them on Sunday, No more international breaks this season as we head into the business end of the season.

Huddersfield can be relegated tomorrow if they lost and both Palace and Burnley win.

Huddersfield can be relegated tomorrow if they lost and both Palace and Burnley win.
Southampton and Burnley.

With that in mind, I must do my promotion/relegation thread. Ridiculous to think it's not even April yet and we've got a team poised to change divisions...

Marcus Rashford ready to agree new deal at Man United, which is probably due to Solskjaer's permanent appointment.

It is fantastic news that OGS was announced yesterday new permanent boss, hopefully now the team can kick on and get that fourth place, and behind the scenes as well that we can get a technical director/director of Football that can help us get some big signings in the summer, Woodward needs the help. Also it could hopefully mean that players like Herrera and De Gea sign new deals.

Full times.

Fulham 0-2 Man City
Crystal Palace 2-0 Huddersfield
Leicester 2-0 Bournemouth
Brighton 0-1 Southampton
Man United 2-1 Watford
Burnley 2-0 Wolves

Huddersfield are Relegated!

I was watching a little of Manchester United vs. Watford earlier today. I saw the first goal by Man U, but didn't see much else afterwards. Tough break to Huddersfield being relegated.

I was watching a little of Manchester United vs. Watford earlier today. I saw the first goal by Man U, but didn't see much else afterwards. Tough break to Huddersfield being relegated.
It wasn't a great game, Watford were the better team but pleased with 3 points. Hopefully it was just a bit of rustiness from players who have had niggling injuries and travelled for the interntationals, we will need to play better than that in the coming matches, but I think we will.

Watford deserved something from the game but paid the price for not taking thier chances, United had fewer chances but managed to take two of them. But importantly, we got the win and 3 points, that puts the previous two losses well and truely behind us.

Last edited:
Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea. Chelsea are lucky, lucky bastards, they were awful for most of the game and Cardiff took the lead, Sarri put Hazard, Kante and Hudson-Odoi on the bench and left Kante and Hudson-Odoi on there, the equaliser was offside and Cardiff had so many decisions go against them, Warnock was fuming!

Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea. Chelsea are lucky, lucky bastards, they were awful for most of the game and Cardiff took the lead, Sarri put Hazard, Kante and Hudson-Odoi on the bench and left Kante and Hudson-Odoi on there, the equaliser was offside and Cardiff had so many decisions go against them, Warnock was fuming!

At the end of the game Warnock stood about 15 feet away from the officials who were lined up to receive handshakes and you could just see the smoke coming from his ears. Hands on hips shaking his head.

Van Dijk and Salah have saved Liverpool from a costly draw today.

Although the late winner was actually an own goal, it was created by a beautiful cross from Van Dijk and a determined Mo Salah was on the end of it and forced Lloris to parry it into the path of Alderweireld and the ball ended up in the net.

Van Dijk also defended brilliantly and managed to do enough to stop a 2 against 1 break against Liverpool which could have/should have made it 2-1 to Spurs, but in the end it went the other way.

The sadness I felt for LeClerc in the Bahrain GP was quickly replaced by the elation that Lloris and Alderweireld handed to Liverpool. How does Lloris not catch that header?

Football photo of the year?

2.42075991.jpg

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap! (Sorry @Brend)

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle, goals from Ramsey and Lacazette which puts Arsenal up to third.

Here are the games for tomorrow and Wednesday.

Tuesday

Watford v Fulham
Wolves v Man United (7.45 Sky)

Wednesday
Chelsea v Brighton
Man City v Cardiff (7.45 Sky)
Tottenham v Crystal Palace

These are the games in hand from the League Cup and FA Cup. All games are 7.45pm kick-offs, Tottenham's game will be their first in their new stadium.

Fulham will be relegated tonight if they lose to Watford. They spent £120 million in the Summer!

Back