Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea, a cagey goalless first half followed by Liverpool turning it on early in the second half with goals from Mane and an absolute banger from Mo Salah.

Liverpool remain top of the table after todays games two points clear of City with City having a game in hand, which is against United.

On Thursday a bunch of Chelsea fans were refused entry to the Slavia Prague game as a video appeared of them calling Mo Salah a bomber, today their team lost by two goals both scored by Muslims.

I don’t see Liverpool dropping any points to the end of the season. City have to win all their remaining games, or it’s bust.

Horrible performance by United, so lucky to win and it didn't feel like a win afterwards, I felt a bit deflated after the game.

Brighton v Cardiff is now a must win for both after both lost yesterday.

Edit: Man City just beat Palace 1-3, over to you Liverpool!
It wasn't great was it. The two positives were Pogba not doing that silly shuffle on his penalties and winning without playing well is an important trait.

We're just not playing well a bit too often for comfort at the moment, and while I come away from some games where we didn't play well but won thinking that we still deserved it usually because the other team were toothless or couldn't hit a barn door, West Ham were robbed by poor refereeing.

I think some players in the team are fatigued and frankly we have a few players who don't fit in or just aren't good enough. We need 3 new first team players IMO, a right winger, a centre back, a midfielder and then a right back.

We could also do with another striker to compliment Rashford because Lukaku is a square peg in a round hole at United, particularly if the long term aim is to go back to being a fast attacking team. Lukaku is fast but his poor touch slows everything down.

Tonight If you're in the United States ESPN2 is running a 2 hour documentary about the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy where 96 Liverpool supporters were killed at their FA Cup match against Nottingham Forest. It starts at 8pm Eastern time.

PSG got their asses kicked against by Lille, 5-1, and manager Tuchel has been bitching how he doesn't have enough players.

Perhaps they should invest in their own youth instead of trying to buy themselves into the prizes.

Watford 0-1 Arsenal, Aubameyang goal on 10 minutes with Troy Deeney getting sent off for an elbow on Xhaka just seconds later, you would've expected Arsenal to push on and win convincingly after that but they didn't, Watford had some great chances after the red and Arsenal were woeful.

Brighton 0-2 Cardiff, Mendez-Laing and Sean Morrison with the goals to put Cardiff just two points off safety and Brighton now, Brighton still have a game in hand over Cardiff which is away to Tottenham next week.

Ding dong! Triggers have been pulled with the end of the season approaching.

9th March - Darren Moore (West Bromwich Albion, sacked) Championship
14th March - Paul Scholes (Oldham Athletic, resigned) League Two
24th March - Stuart McCall (Scunthorpe United, sacked) League One
24th March - Darren Way (Yeovil Town, sacked) League Two
26th March - Chris Powell (Southend United, sacked) League One

1st April - Steve McClaren (Queen's Park Rangers, sacked) Championship
6th April - Dean Keates (Walsall, sacked) League One

Sacked - 32
Approaches - 3
Resigned - 6

Total - 41

Scotland have sacked Alex McLeish, no surprise after the humiliation in Kazakhstan.

Regular Premier League schedule this weekend despite the Easter Holiday, here are the games.

Saturday
Bournemouth v Fulham
Huddersfield v Watford
Man City v Tottenham (12.30 Sky)
Newcastle v Southampton (5.30 BT)
West Ham v Leicester
Wolves v Brighton

Sunday
Arsenal v Crystal Palace (4pm)
Everton v Man United (1.30 Sky)
Cardiff v Liverpool (4pm Sky)

Monday Night
Chelsea v Burnley (8pm Sky)

There are four games in midweek next week, two on Tuesday and two on Wednesday, ill post them on Sunday.

If the City v Spurs game is only a little bit like it was the other night then it'll be the game of the season!

I've been out shopping, so I couldn't do the upsy-downsies, but Bolton and Bradford have both been relegated from their respective leagues.

Full times from today.

Man City 1-0 Tottenham
Huddersfield 1-2 Watford
Wolves 0-0 Brighton
West Ham 2-2 Leicester
Bournemouth 0-1 Fulham

Not a huge amount going on there, West Ham-Leicester seemed like a good game. Newcastle v Southampton to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the City-Spurs game earlier PFA announced the shortlist for this years player of the year and young player of the year.

Player Of The Year
Raheem Sterling
Sergio Aguero
Virgil Van Dijk
Sadio Mane
Eden Hazard
Bernardo Silva

Young Player Of The Year
Trent Alexander-Arnold
David Brooks
Marcus Rashford
Declan Rice
Bernardo Silva
Raheem Sterling

During the City-Spurs game earlier PFA announced the shortlist for this years player of the year and young player of the year.

Player Of The Year
Raheem Sterling
Sergio Aguero
Virgil Van Dijk
Sadio Mane
Eden Hazard
Bernardo Silva

Young Player Of The Year
Trent Alexander-Arnold
David Brooks
Marcus Rashford
Declan Rice
Bernardo Silva
Raheem Sterling
Bernardo Silva being eligible for the Young Player of the year awards is silly IMO, he's 24. The age band for Young Player of the Year Award goes too high, it should be players aged 20 or 21 at the start of the season, not 23. He's had a decent season though.

Personally, I tihnk Trent Alexander-Arnold should win it, as much as it pains me to admit he's had a fantastic season.

Liverpool could potentially do the double whammy and Van Dijk could win the Player of the Year, but I think it'll go to Sterling for reasons not entirely related to how well he's played this season.

Tottenham have lost 11 games and are still third.
Liverpool have lost 1 game and are second
Man City have lost 4 games and are first.

What a weird season

Embarrassing and humiliating.
I honestly would pick 11 players from the youth and reserves on Wednesday, they couldn't have done any worse than the first team today. I know Everton are a bit of a bogey team for us, but that was dreadful.

What I would do at the end of the season if I were Ole, is ask each one of those players if they are willing to fight for a first team place next season. Anyone who would normally be a certain name on the sheet, not any more, tell them you can't guarentee a place in the team unless they fight for it. If they react negatively then off you go. We have too many players in this squad who turn up when they can be bothered, they're good players, game changing on thier day, but their day comes around less than 50% of the time.

We need a Pogba who will turn up at least 7 out of 10 matches, same with Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Matic, Fred. If they can't all manage 7 good games out of 10 as a bare minimum, they should not be here. Even if they will go on to be world class elsewhere, if they don't want to play well for United they can do one. I don't care who they are, they are an embarrasment to the club, it's history and the fans.

For the Pogba's, Lukau's, Martial's etc. in the team there are no excuses now, they have played under two or three managers now and thier performances and lack of consistency has not changed. We've played posession football, defensive football and attacking football and other than the odd bursts and brief runs, their performance has been sub-par. We paid a lot of money for those guys and a lot of fans, myself included are running out of patience with them. We don't have a right to win every game, or to win trophies and titles, but we want to see some actual effort put in from the players to show in some way that they give a damn and have some resepect for the paying fans.

Maybe in a strange way this is the best thing that could have happened leading into Wednesday. If they can't get motivated enough to bounce back and make a stand after that humiliation then the best manager in the world can't get this group going.

Liverpool are only up 1-0 over Cardiff right now and if they don't take all 3 points then none of this is going to matter anyway but this whole Championship I think comes down to Wednesday so LET'S GO MAN U!!!!!!

Upsy-downsies for Easter Monday:

Premier League

None, although Burnley will be safe with a draw or better against Chelsea

Championship
Norwich will be promoted if they win (Stoke) and at least one of Leeds United (Brentford) or Sheffield United (Hull City) don't - becoming champions if both fail to win.

Rotherham United can't be relegated today, but if they lose (Birmingham), Millwall win (Aston Villa), and Wigan (Preston) and Reading (West Brom) draw or better, their goal difference is enough to see them effectively - but not mathematically - down.

League One
Luton Town don't play until Tuesday, so no promotion issues will be settled until at least then.

No relegation issues can be settled either.

League Two
None

National League
Leyton Orient will be promoted as champions if they win (Solihull Moors) and Salford City (Fylde) don't - and that's four of the top five teams, so it's likely to be chaos with any other result.

Tottenham have lost 11 games and are still third.
Liverpool have lost 1 game and are second
Man City have lost 4 games and are first.

What a weird season
Meanwhile in the Women's Super League, Arsenal can wrap up the title with a win against Brighton next weekend; second placed Man City are still undefeated.
The top 2 play each other the final game of the season, that could be fun if it's still open although that's unlikely.

Back