2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Famine, Dec 1, 2017.

1. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

That shouldn't matter. VAR is there to overturn incorrect decisions, whether that's a dive or a missed penalty.

Dan_ and girabyt3 like this.
  2. Dan_

Dan_ Premium

Whichever are a player's antics, there were independent adjudicators present to review the referee's decisions and they're supposed to be that, independent. Regardless of that, as I said, a win is a win and Belgium seized their opportunities, deserved win.

PzR Slim likes this.
  3. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Lukaku and Fellaini were beasts in that game, very pleasing to see from a United point of view.

If Fellaini can replicate that form for United then he will be like a new signing!

4. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

It shouldn't matter. But this is still human driven. Neymar doesn't dive, maybe the officials aren't as skeptical of any foul in the box. 2 different camera angles where one showed a clear penalty. The other didn't.

5. Milouse

Milouse

If my memory doesn't fail me, Italy beat Germany and France beat Portugal in 2006 semis.

Dennisch likes this.
  6. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

First time ever that a World Cup semi finals wont include Brazil, Argentina or Germany!

7. Dan_

Dan_ Premium

Now I'm left with the dilemma of whom should I support. :lol:

Honestly, leaning towards France as weird as that may sound. Fantastic team, a brand new champion would also be a good pick, but I don't see on the other side any way for England to miss the big game, Sweden doesn't look like it has 'it' and Croatia has been inconsistent the past few games, oh well.

8. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Respect to Courtois for pointing out the misinformation in the media.

girabyt3 and MUSC4EVER like this.
  9. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

What penalties were there to be given?

10. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Neymar being hit by an air particle. Gabriel Jesus actually being fouled. Neymar getting hit by a finger.

girabyt3 likes this.
  11. RouWa

RouWa

Yes. Jeremy Clarkson even mentioned it in one episode of TOP GEAR.

You are Brazilian and should only support Brazil.

12. Jezza819

Jezza819

Good grief :lol: That's just pathetic.

13. Milouse

Milouse

I think both of you doesn't put the same meaning behind the word "support".
    It's just better to watch a game having a favorite side.
    I myself try hard to pick a side, most of the time for secondary reasons.

But it happened at least once that i switch during the game: during the Spain-Netherlands final in 2010, i picked the Netherlands side, but the orange played so dirty that flipped for Spain.

14. Dan_

Dan_ Premium

Kompany's slide on Gabriel Jesus and Meunier's arm-facing Neymar were the only two. Meunier's is highly debatable but Kompany was just ludicrous in that play. But again, regardless of that, if those penalties were given I'm sure Belgium would not play safe as they did and we could lose just the same. Deserved win for Belgium, shameful was FIFA and VAR just ignoring those plays, sour taste to be schafted by VAR.

Reason being? Can I not follow the World Cup anymore? :confused:

15. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

The main VAR ref was the same from Portugal - Spain who didn't "see" Diego Costa's elbow on Pepe's throat and the same from Portugal - Iran who "saw" a penalty with Cedric...

I thought he would be sent home after the group stage but no. I guess FIFA likes him.

Oh, and his name is... Errati. Ironic.

16. Milouse

Milouse

Mbappé took a well deserved yellow for this. A red wouldn't have shocked me.
    His team was leading the game 4-0 with 15 min remaining. It was in the penalty area.

What's annoys me the most, is that people around him - coach, family - doesn't correct this toxic behavior.
    I was already mad at him sooner in the WC for his attitude when leaving the field when replaced - can't find a video of it.

17. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

Belgium.

Bring that ****ing cup to the Low lands. There are 17 million northerns rooting for your success.

I was working outside putting up a fence and I didn't need a radio or tv to follow the game. I could hear so many cheering people tonight.

And that goddamn **** faced piece of ****** **** is out of the tournament.

18. Milouse

Milouse

Oh, i see, Belgium is not only a "fallback" team for French supporters, but for Dutch too :cheers:

girabyt3 likes this.
  19. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

The Dutch have always supported Belgium, apart from when we play each other.

Probably because they are a small country just like us and even though we have soooooo many Belgium jokes, they're our family.

I'm pretty sure that if they play the final, it will be just as dead on the streets as when Oranje would play a final.

20. Milouse

Milouse

I could have wrote the same. Really. Belgium jokes is a tradition in France too! Cultural intrications are also very strong, francophone Belgians are omnipresent in french cultural life.
    I think we're not really talking of the same Belgians, though, since connections are mainly made by language. I felt not really in Belgium when visiting Bruges.

Dennisch likes this.
  21. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

22. Jarnokee963

Jarnokee963

Bye Divemar.

23. girabyt3

girabyt3

So, tomorrow will it come home, or not?? :lol:

24. daan

daan Moderator

All this is pissing me off already. I dread to think what'll happen if it actually does. The only good thing will be that we won't hear of 1966 ever again.

25. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

I reckon this could be on many a pub jukebox in Scotland this evening if Football decides to go somewhere else...

26. Vegard

Vegard

They probably won't travel before Sunday. But yeah, they're coming home.

27. DK

DK Premium

I was thinking more along the lines of Shawn Michaels.
    [​IMG]

28. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Yes, the way they won it is a disgrace to the history of football. Today, it would be unthinkable as they would be called out on the dirty tactics right away and Portugal wouldn't submit to it.

I'd like to watch either a France - England in the final or a Belgium - Croatia.

29. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Some sensitive souls in here...

30. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

9617853.jpg

jake2013guy likes this.