2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
Yes. England vs France. Probably. Who would beat us.
Surprisingly, France and England never faced each other in a tournament knockout game !

As for the semis, both Belgium and France showed they can win, for different reasons. For the first time since 2006, i feel confident in the France team. I wouldn't expect a 0-0 for that game, so fate can't lean towards any of the team.

Why? Every team they've beaten so far is a team they should beat.
That's not exactly stopped England before. They lost 1-0 to the USA in their first World Cup in 1950!

Oddly, England actually has a very good record in knockout rounds of the World Cup, except against champions. England have been knocked out of the World Cup in a knockout match ten times, and nine of those were by teams that were already World Cup winners. Five of those were teams on their way to winning another title. They are Uruguay (1950 [already champions, won the tournament]), Brazil (1962 [already champions, won the tournament], 2002 [already champions, won the tournament]), Germany (1970, 1990 [already champions, won the tournament], 2010) and Argentina (1986 [already champions, won the tournament], 1998).

The exception is 2006, when England were knocked out by Portugal.

As yet, England hasn't faced a former champion and can't until the Final...

Incredible scenes in Scotland tonight...

good-place-to-watch-matches.jpg
Couldn't help but laugh at the BBC commentators going on about everyone watching having parties and stuff knowing that pretty much all of the Scottish watching was vomiting into a bucket somewhere. :lol:!

A good win from England, mind you.

There's no way in hell that they're going to keep up this tempo in the second half.

Not the finest football to see but the mad running makes up for a lot.

Not sure what Gary is going on about, yes he could've dived for it but that swerved out and into the net, it would've taken something exceptional to stop that strike.

Not sure what Gary is going on about, yes he could've dived for it but that swerved out and into the net, it would've taken something exceptional to stop that strike.
Neville, although good some times, can be an absolute arse at others. No keeper in the world is saving that.

Speaking with my England hat on we could do with this going to ET and pens to tire those legs even more.

I just came in here to post about that.

The winner of this game will need 24 hours a day of massages until the next game.

The possibility of England v France final is rising substantially.

Worth pointing out that England went to ET and pens v Colombia plus Colombia literally battering them, still made it through today with no problems.

Worth pointing out that England went to ET and pens v Colombia plus Colombia literally battering them, still made it through today with no problems.
True but they looked a little leggy in the first 20 and the Swedes made sure the pace of the game was very slow which would have helped.

Well, the Swedes were really poor today. They pretty much played how England needed them to play. Slow, sluggish and defending without counter attacking too much.

How can Croatia be this bad. Not seen much that fills me full of fear for the semi. Fancy the Russians to nick this.

Back