2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
The yellow for Kante ? Not obvious.

The dive from Griezmann ? I'll watch this during half time, because i didn't thought there was no fool on first watch...

The VAR seems absolutely useless if it isn't used in a Final to judge dirty tactics to get free kicks as it is used to get penalties.

Absolutely ridiculous.
We know the specific situations that VAR can be used for. Final or not, VAR cannot be used for free kicks

We know the specific situations that VAR can be used for. Final or not, VAR cannot be used for free kicks

Which makes no sense when a great % of goals scored come from free kicks nowadays.

In a world cup final there's no excuse no to use it IMO.

100% it is.
The fact that the ball hit his hand doesn't automatically mean it is a handball... I'd say that was totally the wrong call - defenders are entitled to jump for the ball and their arms can't just magically disappear.

The refs and VAR have got this wrong several times in this WC.

Seriously, it a hand away from body that prevevents the ball to go in front of the goal. It's a no brainer.
A handball occurs if any player, other than the team's goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player's fingers right up to the shoulder.

IMO was ball to the hand not hand to the ball. Perisic was in mid air. How will players jump without their arms in the air?

Piquet was hand to the ball. This is not the same. In doubt, the ref chose to call it a penalty. But after the way France got the first goal, this game is ruined IMO.

Which makes no sense when a great % of goals scored come from free kicks nowadays.

In a world cup final there's no excuse no to use it IMO.
Maybe in the future it'll happen but the rules can't be altered for one match. We knew VAR wasn't going to cover everything.

Maybe in the future it'll happen but the rules can't be altered for one match. We knew VAR wasn't going to cover everything.

The VAR can communicate to the ref if a gross mistake is made. They have immediate access to replays and saw the dive before we did and also before the free kick was taken. It's a no brainer.

Handballs always have had a grey area. They should make the definition more concrete. Unintential handballs should not be punished with a penalty in the modern fastpaced game.

I'd be honest, Crotatia doesn't deserve the current score.
I hope that either France shows it deserves it and win, or get the result it deserves...

What should have been penalised was that ridiculous neymar Griezman showed us.
If someone has a video of that, i'd be grateful, as i only saw it once.

Edit: @zzz_pt, that ones doesn't show much, it could be a foul as it touch is back feet.

Back