2018 Formula One Emirates Spanish Grand Prix — Race Results

Not the most exciting race this year.

I'm only still wondering why Grosjean turned completely insane during that spin. Maybe he wanted to check the halo's effieciency with an entire field of cars potentially pulverizing around him?

The reason he gave to the stewards is attached the PDF the FIA gave for the official reasoning on the punishment and what the punishment came out to be. I understand your post is a bit of joking while still curious, but there is his reasoning he claims to the stewards. It was also posted in the actual GP thread for the race.

Attachments

• 2018_spanish_grand_prix_2018_offence_-_car_8_turn_3_incident_-_doc_39.pdf
    313.4 KB · Views: 70
To quote the article
"Max Verstappen brought the Red Bull home in third in a redeeming effort after the events of Baku and Shanghai. Both he and teammate Daniel Ricciardo kept their noses clean."

Depends on what you mean with kept their nose clean, Max's wingendplate was gone after a small touche with stroll.

To quote the article
"Max Verstappen brought the Red Bull home in third in a redeeming effort after the events of Baku and Shanghai. Both he and teammate Daniel Ricciardo kept their noses clean."

Depends on what you mean with kept their nose clean, Max's wingendplate was gone after a small touche with stroll.

That's clean by Max standards

I was hoping for some rain but unfortunately it never came.
Same. Amazing, considering it's an 80% chance of rain...maybe it was working by XCOM standards where the percentage rating is actually lower than it claims.

To be fair, he caught Stroll napping to something of his detriment. Of course, the car's nose lost a part of its moustache, but it didn't seem to seriously affect the car, considering podium finish.

Same. Amazing, considering it's an 80% chance of rain...maybe it was working by XCOM standards where the percentage rating is actually lower than it claims.
There were rain clouds next to circuit so I guess 80% chance of rain was right for the region, just not the circuit itself

That was at the start of the race in a south European coastal city. A 1 in 5 chance it wouldn't rain is still pretty meaningless. Once the race was about to be underway most of the teams seemed to be saying that they had no signs that any rain would be coming, and they were right. Still, in Europe you just never know :D

Back