2018 Heineken Chinese Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 304 comments
Merc need to sort their strategy and pit calls out, far too many mistakes. And Ferrari need to stop handing Kimi the dog turd end of the stick. RBR once again proving they are the smartest team on the grid. If they had an engine they would walk it.

Verstappen still finishes ahead of Vettel with the 10 seconds.

Vettel must be raging!

hey Kimi without sunglasses on stage?

Daniel is a great personality. Sometimes you want to look in someones head what he is thinking at that specific moment.

Verstappen is an idiot. No question. He's young I know but in 3 years he hasn't gotten any better at avoiding collisions in his battles. There's better race craft in dirty NASCAR lobbies in Gran Turismo.

That said, great race, one of the best in years, especially here. I can't even describe it yet.

Can't understand how Ferrari couldn't see the power of undercut, can see why they stuck to Mercedes during SC but they still should take a risk.
Great call by RBR, also two seamless double stops, impressive.
Max... his attempt at Lewis was unnecessary but at least impressive, but Vettel... c'mon, that was just silly. Throwing away win and then RBR 1-2. Bahrain move I could see his point, but today? He needs to learn, hope he will. Especially as Dan's passes were also very aggressive but nowhere near outrageous like Max's were.
Oh, and Hamilton was awful, and in China? Don't get it.

Pierre Gasly massively increasing his chances of a place in the senior team with that helping hand.

But seriously. Well bloody done Ricciardo. Some say he still hasn't braked yet. He's just that late on them.

Pierre Gasly massively increasing his chances of a place in the senior team with that helping hand.

But seriously. Well bloody done Ricciardo. Some say he still hasn't braked yet. He's just that late on them.

True but Hartley wont be moving up to the top spot either. Also Gasly for some time looked to be on the outs for as long as RB kept him from F1. Sainz is still on loan, so if worse comes to worse and Danny leaves then they have that to fall on.

Well that was kind of dickish to tell Toto Hamilton should have been pitted. Hindsight is 20/20.

Considering how often in other races they've done it, to me it seemed the logical choice. I wonder how much play there was in that it seemed unfair to Valtteri if they brought in Lewis.

He admits to most of his mistakes, doesn’t mean he is learning. He can’t seperate moves that are sensible from moves that are unrealistic.

Except most of the time it isn't his fault. According to him.

This is probably the first time that he goes on camera and blames himself .

Well that was kind of dickish to tell Toto Hamilton should have been pitted. Hindsight is 20/20.
Kind of dickish of you to suggest that the 4 time world champion can't question his teams ridiculous race strategy. No one puts a mic on you when your off collecting bottles and cans or whatever you do for a living.

Hopefully without penalties afterwards but why is no one discussing the battle between Alonso and Vettel? BTW I personally like some agressive but fair battles :)

Other (former) F1 drivers would definetely also go for the gap that Vettel left in that turn. A car could easily fit in....

For Dutch reporter Lewis says this performance was his own fault?
He keeps the team doors closed and not blaming the team strategists?

Last edited:
Kind of dickish of you to suggest that the 4 time world champion can't question his teams ridiculous race strategy. No one puts a mic on you when your off collecting bottles and cans or whatever you do for a living.
Chill out eh?

Kind of dickish of you to suggest that the 4 time world champion can't question his teams ridiculous race strategy.

Funny, because Hamilton wasn't the one asking Toto that question at the time. Stop while you're still behind.

Back