2018 Holden Commodore(ZB)

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 203 comments
2018 Buick Regal GS

2018-Buick-Regal-GS-01.jpg

2018-Buick-Regal-GS-05.jpg

I wonder if they are going to sell it here in the middle east? and as which brand? Seeing as it's sold as Buick, Opel, Vauxhall and Holden but not as Chevy worries me a bit. Considering we stopped getting the Buick since the 90's so unlikely GM are going to bring the Buick back here. There's Opel but it's forgotten over here and not part of GM anymore, therefore it would not sell at all especially if there's barely any spare parts available.

Since it's called the Commodore in Aussie & NZ, couldn't they sell it as Chevrolet Lumina?

I don't think it's bad but I don't think it's all that equally modern, which was my gripe with the Ford FG X Falcon when it came out. That it looked dated on arrival. This isn't as bad but it will get boring and plain Jane quickly.

Last edited:
What is interesting is they said there will be a Sedan, Sports Wagon and a Tourer, does this mean two types of Estate car on the same model?

What is interesting is they said there will be a Sedan, Sports Wagon and a Tourer, does this mean two types of Estate car on the same model?

The latter Estate model will have raised suspension and other SUV-inspired body modifications.

The aftermarket will have to do something special. A package will have to be made, to blow the doors off an HSV R8. Can this be tuned to handle 4-second or sub-4 runs to 100km/h?

With that corporate 3.6L V6, I'm willing to bet they've left plenty of room to port over the twin-turbo variant that sits inside the Cadillac CTS V-Sport. Whether or not that'd end up as the next HSV, let alone a Regal GNX, there's room for something. I think it'll really depend on how much GM wants to get out of the platform now that Opel is out of the picture, and, how much they want to push the car against the competition in Europe and the US. As of now, it seems like the clear choice above the entry-level luxury sedans from Acura and Lexus, but I don't know how hard they want to chase tail with Audi, BMW, and Mercedes.

Despite some rough edges, that turbo V6 is pretty well done, and should make a good engine for HSV. Gotta wonder if someone at the GM skunkworks has tinkered with the idea of whether or not that 4.0T V8 would fit.

Remember, the Stinger is going to be great out the box. RWD even. When that gets tuned or IF Kia do some type of "N" or "Motorsport", that could be its heaviest competition(forget Audi, BMW, etc).

I shouldn't get too excited if I were you . It's been available over here in the uk , as the Vauxhall Insignia , it's a typical gm product . Looks ok . Feels ok . Right up to the point when your butt hits the seat !

I shouldn't get too excited if I were you . It's been available over here in the uk , as the Vauxhall Insignia , it's a typical gm product . Looks ok . Feels ok . Right up to the point when your butt hits the seat !

My family actually has an Insignia Grand Sport, and while it's spectacularly average to drive, it's quite comfortable for long journeys and the tech on the Elite trim is quite impressive.

I haven't read anything about the colour palette yet.

Be annoying if it is. They stopped offering it on the Astra VXR here. Luckily I think I was one of the last to order an Arden Blue VXR before they brought in a darker blue.

Stephen Norman, Vauxhall's Managing Director: "The industry is asking what happens after the SUV. And we think the new Insignia will be it. It’s the biggest metamorphosis of what we’ve seen so far from Vauxhall.”
BLAH! :yuck:
The idea of the Regal being a CUV is just so sickining.

VXR
I don't see how the Regal will become a CUV since PSA owns Opel now?
It looks like there must of been an agreement when Opel was sold to license the car out afterwards for a set amount of time,any changes to the car would probably be still down to PSA though and how the market is now i don't think any car maker will reject any type of CUV option as it all sells.

Latest Posts

Back