2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Organ-Donor
  • 1,545 comments
FWD cars can be fun to watch if done right, in fact the Mini is actually my favorite ST car. I haven't watched any TCR racing apart from Road America though so I can't really comment on how fun that class is/will be to watch.

FWD cars can be fun to watch if done right, in fact the Mini is actually my favorite ST car. I haven't watched any TCR racing apart from Road America though so I can't really comment on how fun that class is/will be to watch.
I find it incredible fun to watch. I hardly bothered keeping track of GS when I went to the 6 hours, TCR put on an incredible race and kept up a 4 car pack through most of their 4 hour race. I don't care much for sprint touring and these cars are suited incredibly well for endurance racing. It really shows so far, and the Lime Rock round was darn near photo finish, JH seemed fit to explode announcing it. Get a Honda, a Hyundai, and an Alfa entry and it should turn into mental racing. I've even half considered trying to find a sponsor to see if I could get in on it, it looks like fantastic racing.

2019 Cadillac DPi Cup shaping up nicely.

It is nice to see another team outside of IMSA join the grid. And that color combo looks good on an LMP car.

Edit: Grammar.

Last edited:
2019 Cadillac DPi Cup shaping up nicely.

It is nice to see another team outside of IMSA join the grid. And that color combo looks good and on LMP car.

Ahh, a DPI that uses a good blend of non-primary colors for once!
Aside from the design, I hope Nissan steps up their support in IMSA because I see no reason why anyone would buy a Nissan DPI over the Caddy like Juncos has done. Unless Nissan is working to establish a support program of sorts.

That would be nice to see considering Ford is likely done with the class and Risi is on shaky ground (come on Ferrari, stop being cheapskates!)

That would be nice to see considering Ford is likely done with the class and Risi is on shaky ground (come on Ferrari, stop being cheapskates!)
Yeah, we need 1 place to see all the GTE cars racing together for a season and GM would never field full time Corvettes in WEC. So come on Ferrari, get with the program and cough up some of that merch money we all know you're sitting on a mountain of.

Finally got around to watch the race, I guess I'll have to take back my BMW/Mission Impossible comment now.

GREEN FLAG! ...then all Hell breaks loose. Got to love GT/sportscar/endurance racing, folks.

Come on ffs, we all know that Radio Le Mans don't bother watching most of the races but it's the race start, look out the window or at the screen. How the hell could they miss that?

The #911 had nowhere to go and T-boned the prototype. That was intense.

Looking at the replay of the Ford going around but the Porsche not being able to make it. It looks like there's more room on the left for the Ford to go which would have allowed the Porsche to go around the prototype as well. Maybe he knew that and purposefully didn't go wide enough?

Come on ffs, we all know that Radio Le Mans don't bother watching most of the races but it's the race start, look out the window or at the screen. How the hell could they miss that?
I doubt they're actually at the track and the feed is delayed a second or two.

So with fuel saving taken care of with 30 minutes of FCY the rest should be flat out racing.

I've always been under the impression they do most of their commentary from a single studio with the exception of the bigger events.

Having said that, surely since they're used by official streams they have access to more streams than us normies?

I doubt they're actually at the track and the feed is delayed a second or two.

So with fuel saving taken care of with 30 minutes of FCY the rest should be flat out racing.
It doesn't seem like a feed delay, they regularly miss something which has been on the screen and only notice a few minutes after when they show the replay. I think most of what they miss is because they're looking at the timing screens far too much, I have no idea how they can muck that up so badly for the race start though.

Back