2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Organ-Donor
  • 1,545 comments
I just renewed my IMSA Road America tickets. :D

Hopefully it doesn't rain too much for Petit Le Mans, wouldn't want Continental going out by being beat by a GTLM again. :lol:

IMSA made sure that would never happen again, as they don't allow the GTLM cars to cut their wets anymore for better water dispersion. That would be quite the send off for Continental though. :lol:

I’m no meteorologist, but as of now, I would go. Latest forcast has it in SC Thursday afternoon. Mikesweatherpage.com has a ton of info on tropical storms.

:bowdown:
CCD6195B-7B7D-4609-824A-EAA77796382A.jpeg
29E22D84-8A98-47EF-9DEF-DA5ADA9834CD.jpeg
649037A1-3654-4C79-B609-53C198A0E832.jpeg
493BECE2-FD33-4028-AD8B-9A4F976268E3.jpeg

Porsche really missed an opportunity to run retro liveries at every race they entered this year, but on the other hand the ones they've done have been nothing short of fantastic.

The Rothmans fit just fine, and this one with it's thin curvy lines does justice to the original. Pink Pig maybe not so much since it's actually a nice looking car and not the ugly thing it was original on.

Earlier today on YouTube, I saw IMSA unveil its 50th Anniversary logo as well as hear stories from various racers who competed in IMSA. Many of the ones who chimed in are a who's-who of IMSA talent- Wayne Taylor, Derek Bell, Tommy Kendall, Billy Auberlen... all among others.

I tried to link that video, but I think it's listed Private. So search "IMSA Unveils 50th Anniversary Logo" on YouTube.

Qualifying in Prototype is going to be interesting since the bulk of the field have already ran quicker in practice than last years' pole time.

Is anyone watching the international feed dealing with stuttering? I can't tell if it's the feed or my internet connection that's acting up.

Got it figured out. It was my browser's settings that made it stutter.

It's really interesting to hear Bill Auberlen's take on his flip at Road Atlanta in 2000.

Back