2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
I also heard that the Cincinnati Bengals relieved their defensive coordinator of his duties. Cincy got spanked at home 51-14 to the visiting New Orleans Saints.
Yup, Teryl Austin got the boot after the defense allowed 3 straight 500 yard games. Marvin is taking over the duties himself, along with his normal job. Should be interesting...

As we are heading towards the mid-point of November, it is time to think about Playoffs. Only the top percentile of teams will play for the Lombardi Trophy as we build the field towards Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta. So let's begin Week 11 in the NFL. Here's all you need to know about the upcoming week:

BYE WEEK TEAMS (WK. 11): Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, New York Jets, New England, San Francisco

...and now the prime time matches:

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 11): GB Packers at SEA Seahawks
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 11): MIN Vikings at CHI Bears
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 11): KC Chiefs vs. LAR Rams <<< game played in Mexico City, Mexico; UPDATE: game moved to Los Angeles, CA, USA due to poor field conditions in Mexico City

So unless you thought Bills vs. Jets was an AFC Wild Card match or even an AFC Championship preview, you'll be sad to know neither of these teams will be playing this week. Omnis' Miami Dolphins are also off this week. No New England Patriots action this week either. This week's Monday Night game has two WINNING teams for a change- both 9-1 playing in Mexico City. A lot of people have Chiefs and Rams as a Super Bowl preview. We'll know for sure, though, who will really go to Atlanta to play in this season's Super Bowl.

Well... that's it for this post. I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well. Enjoy this week of NFL action!

[UPDATE/THIS JUST IN...]

The game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Los Angeles Rams will be moved to Los Angeles due to poor field conditions at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City, Mexico. Changes made.

Incorrect Thursday Night game. More changes made.

Last edited:
I've followed the status of the Estadio Azteca field for months and all I can say is this: The owners of the stadium are complete idiots.

The field was perfect. It was the most beautiful turf in the country. For DECADES the stadium has received concerts, political events and regular football games without any significant issues. In fact, at some point during the 90's, the stadium was home of not 1, not 2, but 3 professional football teams (América, Necaxa, Atlante). And it has also endured heavy rain year after year after year while hosting all of these events.

For DECADES, the natural grass of the stadium endured EVERYTHING...

The only thing it could not endure was the greed and spupidity of it's owners...

I really hope they cancel the whole NFL in Mexico thing. Because of money, the best stadium of the country was butchered and destroyed beyond recognition.

How did it get so messed up? Just poorly managed?

For starters, like I mentioned, the change wasn't needed. The natural grass was brilliant.

Then, they decided to change it just ONE DAY before the start of the Liga MX regular season. They had the entire World Cup break to do it, but nah. That turf has never established itself on the field. It has never been in great or even good form since it was installed.

Then, there are the additional events taking place at the Azteca. Over the last 2 weeks 2 concerts were held there. And they were not small ones, we were talking about Shakira and the "Concierto Exa". Those 2 gave the turf the coup de grâce.

In the official bulletin that announced the cancelation it can be read that they insist "the rain and the increased amount of games played this year" played a huge role in the condition of the field. That is BS. Like I said, up to 3 teams have used the same stadium at once, including both league and cup matches. In fact, no stadium in the country recieves a heavier workload than the Azteca. And this year has been no different to others here in Mexico City when it comes to raining.

The problem here is that they changed the turf of a stadium that did not need a new one, and that they did it with an extremely awful timing. Everything else just made the initial mistake even worse.

Cleveland came out on the losing side of some really close games last year. As almost comical it is to say at this point, they were a better team than their record showed.

With the talent they’ve added this offseason I’m certain they improve.

Hot take Warning: The Browns go from 0-16 to making the playoffs as a wildcard.

Aside. As a Lions fan, I can’t help but being a little upset the Browns went 0-16. It’s not a good claim to fame, but it was OUR claim to fame. And that 0-16 Lions team was worse than those Browns (but arguably not worse than some of those other Lions teams we had).

Might’ve come in a little too hot on this one:dunce:

P.S. I hate the Lions:banghead:

We begin Week 11 in the Pacific Northwest. I strongly apologize for posting the wrong game for tonight. We have the Packers at the Seahawks. Originally, I posted it was CAR at DET for Thursday Night, but that game is on Sunday at Noon. I changed my post again.

Anyhow, enjoy tonight's game.

Packers look like done. With the Bears holding a 2 game lead and the Vikings getting better for the last portion of the season, I think they should just embrace the tank just like my Raiders did.

Please someone free Aaron Rodgers from Mike McCarthy. I'm somewhat indifferent to Green Bay and this is painful; like when the Cavaliers' entire offensive gameplan was "give LeBron the ball. He'll figure something out, hopefully."

Also, it's Week 11, y'all. You know what that means!

Untitled-1.png

Buffalo has officially entered the "In The Hunt" portion of the season. No, that's not even this season.

Last edited:
Hey, you. Yeah, you! Get psyched! It's another Sunday of NFL football! What will happen when four 15-minute quarters (and maybe 10 extra minutes of Overtime if needed) happen? You may never know. I Hope your favorite team(s) win this weekend if they are playing. So enjoy today's action including Minnesota at Chicago in the nightcap!

Hey, you. Yeah, you! Get psyched! It's another Sunday of NFL football! What will happen when four 15-minute quarters (and maybe 10 extra minutes of Overtime if needed) happen? You may never know. I Hope your favorite team(s) win this weekend if they are playing. So enjoy today's action including Minnesota at Chicago in the nightcap!

Are you ok? Do you smell toasts right now?

Bengals allow two rookies to rush for over 100 yard apiece (one being Lamar Jackson, the QB), the first time that has happened since 1976. A Justin Tucker field goal (I still don't think he's missed one against the Bengals in his career) and a Randy Bullock miss was the difference maker in a 24-21 loss. Bengals actually led 21-9(?) at one point, but (surprise, surprise) the defense couldn't hold it.

Edit: Oh, and CBS switches to the Steelers / Jags game afterwards. And what do we get to see? The Jags blowing their lead and allowing Pittsburgh to win. The day can't get much worse for a Bengals fan. :grumpy:

The Texans wanted seven straight wins... and they got it! We won 23-21 at the Washington Redskins. The Redskins didn't really come to life until Colt McCoy came into the game after Alex Smith got injured. The Houston Texans not only tied for the most successive wins in franchise history, but they also are the only other team besides the 1925 Giants to improve to 7-3 after starting 0-3.

Up next for the Houston Texans Football Club... TNT Rivalry- Titans 'n Texans next Monday night. Houston current team vs. the team formerly known as the Houston Oilers down in H-Town.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week, including (among others) the Pittsburgh Steelers staying hot by downing the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville.

I guess Colt McCoy can still play and teams gave him a chance. And... he's with the Redskins. So, uh... yeah. Meanwhile...

Chiefs at Rams TONIGHT!

In what was to be a game to be played in Mexico City, Mexico; the game instead will be played in Los Angeles. To many, this game is like a preview of Super Bowl LIII. This Monday Night features two winning teams with stellar records- 9-1. The Kansas City Chiefs lead the AFC West, and the Los Angeles Rams lead the NFC West. Both are undefeated at home- a perfect 5-0 so far. This will be a great showdown. Unless, of course, this game becomes an absolute stinker.

--- ODDS ---
FAVORED: LAR (-3)
OVER/UNDER: 63 pts.

Enjoy tonight's action if you will be watching.

I hear Mark Sanchez (speaking of "he's still in the League?") was signed by the Washington Redskins to back up Colt McCoy. Alex Smith is out for the season with a broken leg. I wish A. Smith well in his recovery.

We still have Chiefs at Rams tonight. By the way... the NFL will return to Mexico City in 2019, but the match to be played there for next year has yet to be decided as of the time of this post. So three days after declaring Estadio Azteca not being capable of hosting Chiefs vs. Rams, they announce to be back for 2019 to host an NFL game. Watch next year's match will probably be a match between two teams with sorry records and 3rd or 4th in their respective divisions...

I hear Mark Sanchez (speaking of "he's still in the League?") was signed by the Washington Redskins to back up Colt McCoy. Alex Smith is out for the season with a broken leg. I wish A. Smith well in his recovery.

Was hoping they'd go with Kaepernick.

Was hoping they'd go with Kaepernick.
Politicking aside, he hasn't played in years and would need weeks on a practice squad before he'd be in NFL shape just to be capable of being a backup. While Sanchez hasn't played yet this year, he was backup in Chicago last year and is more familiar with Jay Gruden's playbook than Kaepernick would have been.

Politicking aside, he hasn't played in years and would need weeks on a practice squad before he'd be in NFL shape just to be capable of being a backup. While Sanchez hasn't played yet this year, he was backup in Chicago last year and is more familiar with Jay Gruden's playbook than Kaepernick would have been.

He's on some weird vegan diet too. Doesn't really seem like a football diet.

Back