2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
The Houston Texans and the Miami Dolphins will have the honor of kicking off this week of this week of NFL football. So enjoy tonight's game here in Houston if you'll be watching. Both teams come in at 4-3. And in case you're wondering, HOU is favored -7.5, and the Over/Under is 44 points.

Oh wait. We just received an offer from Sacksonville which includes an unopened jock strap and three Bon Jovi tickets for a TBD show. Sounds like you'll need to up the ante if you really are serious.

Hmm....

I'll match that with 4 tickets to a crappy cover band at a TBD Buffalo dive bar and a "Billieve" bumper sticker.

If that's not enough I can also throw in Rex Ryan and a 2024 7th round draft pick.

I'll take the head coaching job with the Giants for:
  • a higher-end gaming laptop (GTX 1070 or 1080, i9, multi-terabyte multiple SSD setup are the non-negotiables)
  • a year's supply of Taki's
  • Trent Dilfer as my offensive coordinator

Interesting you all are playing "Let's Make a Deal" with the New York Giants. Just make sure not to get the Zonk behind one of those doors. Meanwhile here in Houston...

Winner winner, fish dinner. The Houston Texans defeated the Miami Dolphins 42-23 here in Houston. Five straight wins for the Houston Texans after an 0-3 start. This game was entertaining with some wild plays. I actually thought the game would be decided by 10 points or less. It ended up being a 19-point blowout. The 2018 Houston Texans have become the 5th team since 1970 to reach 5-3 after an 0-3 start. Even though the scoreboard said the Miami Dolphins lost, the bigger losers were the officiating crew. I will admit there were a number of calls that were missed by the officials. The Texans still won the game, and I'm not complaining about it; but the officiating could have been better. Former Texans QB Brock Osweiler was the QB for Miami. I am John Marine, and I was the advocate for the reigning, defending, undisputed World Heavyweight champion... BRRRROCK OSWEILER! He did great, but got rocked quite a bit in this one. As a final note, I am hoping the Texans didn't have so many players get banged up in this game.

Up next for the Houston Texans... another little play date involving a GTPlaneteer. Can the Texans make it six in a row when they go to the Denver Broncos next Sunday?

Most of all, I wish the Miami Dolphins great luck the rest of the season.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

[OMISSION] Will Fuller V is out for the season with a torn ACL. He suffered the injury in the 4th Quarter of the Houston Texans' match against Miami. We may have to look to other targets such as Keke Coutee, who is recovering from his own injuries.

Last edited:
Patriots at Bills TONIGHT!

The city of Boston is already feeling great today since the Boston Red Sox won the 2018 World Series. So can the Boston love continue when their beloved football team pays a visit to upstate New York? This is a game in which the AFC East is in vogue and on display. The venue for this one is New Era Field within Buffalo, New York. The Patriots lead the AFC East with a 5-2 record. Meanwhile, the Buffalo Bills are the reverse- 2-5 on the season and last in the AFC East. Buffalo would want nothing more but to shut down and shut up the New England Patriots (who doesn't?). Find out if Buffalo can take down New England by watching tonight's game!

--- EXTRA INFO ---
FAVORED: NE -13
OVER/UNDER: 44.5 pts.

That be all. Enjoy you some NFL football tonight! I know a few GTPlaneteers have some interest in this game as Buffalo fans. Perhaps some GTPlaneteers who love New England may also be interested...

Bills game prediction:

Derek Anderson gets sacked in the first quarter and breaks "insert bone here". Nathan Peterman has to play three whole quarters, something he's never done before. After 4 interceptions, 2 of them pick sixes, the Bills make a decision to put Logan Thomas at QB and have him run the wildcat for the last two quarters. They find a way to score 10 points somehow. 47-10 Bills Pats

So... we made some guy called Marlon Mack look like he was Edgerrin James. 21 unanswered points in the 4th. No pass ruch or pressure whatsoever on Luck.

The Raiders looked like 4-12 to me before the Mack trade. Now I'm not even sure if this team has what it takes to get a 2nd one.

And all those useless posts on social media about Carr moving up in the All time career passing yards for the team/completitions/TD's... he's only getting those numbers because the league changed the rules... They are garbage numbers, I am no longer blinded by the 2016 season. He is trash.

Can we just not show up for the next games? Sure, we would lose by default but at least we wouldn't be losing in humiliating ways...

Good morning/afternoon/evening, NFL fans of GTPlanet! :) NFL action in October is done. The next bout of action will happen in November. Before we discuss the upcoming action, let's check out the standings up to this point. Find your favorite team(s):

--- AFC ---
AFC EAST: New England (6-2), MIA (4-4), NYJ (3-5), BUF (2-6)
AFC NORTH: Pittsburgh (4-2-1), CIN (5-3), BAL (4-4), CLE (2-5-1)
AFC SOUTH: Houston (5-3), TEN (3-4), IND and JAX (3-5 each)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (7-1), LAC (5-2), DEN (3-5), OAK (1-6)

--- NFC ---
NFC EAST: Washington (5-2), PHI (4-4), DAL (3-4), NYG (1-7)
NFC NORTH: Chicago (4-3) MIN (4-3-1), GB (3-3-1), DET (3-4)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (6-1), CAR (5-2), ATL and TB (3-4)
NFC WEST: Los Angeles Rams (8-0), SEA (4-3), ARI (2-6), SF (1-7)

Nobody has clinched anything. Still a lot of season left and a lot to be determined as we move forward.

Speaking of moving forward, let's set up Week 9! These are the Bye Week teams and the matches set to take place this week:

BYE WEEK TEAMS WK. 9: Arizona, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, New York Giants, Philadelphia

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 9: OAK Raiders at SF 49ers <<< both with 1 win each; combined 2-13 record
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 9: GB Packers at NE Patriots
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 9: TEN Titans at DAL Cowboys

Did you know the NFL has been doing this International Series since 2007? The last of the non-American games this season won't be until November 19 in Mexico City, Mexico when the Kansas City Chiefs play the Los Angeles Rams.

I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well. Good luck to your favorite teams this week and for the rest of the season.

Busy day today. Giants' back up QB arrested in NJ after almost running over a cop. Also some trades:
- Dante Fowler, Jr. goes JAX to Rams
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix from GB to WAS
- Golden Tate leaves Motown for Philly
- Broncos trade Demaryius Thomas to Texans (and they play each other this weekend)
- After a late fumble by Ty Montgomery kept A-Rod off the field on Sunday, Montgomery was traded to the Ravens

Wouldn't it be fun if Denver managed to snag Eli Manning? I feel like the Giants might be about ready.

Not really happy about Tate leaving, but it also makes sense since he's probably not coming back at the end of the season.

The Bills could have pulled an absolute next level move...trade McCoy for like a 3rd and a 7th, than flip the 7th for Ty Montgomery and the 3rd for Golden Tate, then try and lock Golden Tate up for the next three years. But nope, this front office wants to keep someone whose averaging 36.7 yards a game, wasting his last few seasons on a team going nowhere for atleast this year.

Also, Terrell Pryor to the Bills...as QB or WR?

Also, this

As long as you can catch a ball and run routes, you're the #1 receiver.

EDIT: Tate was traded to the Eagles for a 3rd...so potentially the 30th pick or so in the 3rd round. Bills might have been able to finesse that with a really high 4th and a 2020 6th or 7th.

Last edited:
Why would the Bills want to:
a. Win any more games
b. Trade away draft picks
c. Trade for a 30 year old WR when they have no one to throw to him

Why would the Bills want to:
a. Win any more games
b. Trade away draft picks
c. Trade for a 30 year old WR when they have no one to throw to him

a. because i'm tired of watching this clown show dumpster fire
b. because they have a bunch of them
c. because if they lock him up long term Allen will throw to him next year and the year after

And no matter what, they'll suck bad enough to be in a position to draft Nick Bosa or trade down.

Are you ready for some football? How about two teams with a combined record of 2-13? We gots 'em, yo. It's a battle for Bay Area supremacy as the Oakland Raiders meet the San Francisco 49ers. Enjoy the game and this week's games!

It was 34-3 in Santa Clara, California as the San Francisco 49ers whacked the Oakland Raiders. This one had to hurt for OAK. I didn't see the game at all. I just followed the score from ESPN's Bottom Line and reported accordingly. Sorry about your Raiders, MoLiEG...

A number of games have ended today as of this post, several others still going on. And at this point, it looks like the 2018 Los Angeles Rams may finally get bested unless they have an epic comeback at the New Orleans Saints.

I'll post about whatever happened between the Texans at Broncos in a later post.

Hey! Don't shoot the messenger! Anyhow, about my Texans...

In an absolute nail-biter, the Houston Texans defeated the Denver Broncos 19-17. A potential game-winning field goal went wide right as the Texans escaped the Mile High City with their sixth straight victory. The 2018 Houston Texans now join two other teams as teams to reach 6-3 after an 0-3 start. Only the 1925 Giants have more wins after an 0-3 start with seven. Good grief, folks. I'm going to admit- we got LUCKY. I'll gladly take the Texans win, but we could have easily lost this game. The Texans' secondary has to get better in pass coverage.

Oh, so I don't forget, the new Texan (and former Bronco) D. Thomas did quite well with his new team. He was pretty solid replacing the injured W. Fuller V. Great amount of class by Thomas and the Denver fans with D. Thomas in his new colors.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're off next week. :( But no worries- we're back at it again in two weeks at the Washington Redskins.

Elsewhere, and speaking of the Redskins...

* The Washington Redskins hosted the Atlanta Falcons. The Dirty Birds were EXTRA dirty hammering the Redskins 38-14.

* As my man AnthonyD1993 would say, "Lions be Lioning." Yeah, not a good afternoon in Minneapolis for a Lions fan, as Detroit lost 24-9 in this NFC North match.

* Not a good afternoon in western New York state either, as the Buffalo Bills got devoured 41-9 by the visiting Chicago Bears.

* It was 42-28 in Charlotte as the Carolina Panthers held serve at home against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in an NFC South showdown.

* SecretAgentZero's Baltimore Ravens fell at home to the Pittsburgh Steelers 23-16 in their AFC North battle.

* Jets can fly, but they can't swim. The New York Jets slept with the fishes after the Miami Dolphins won at home 13-7 in this AFC East battle.

* The Los Angeles Chargers did good today. They won 25-17 in beautiful Seattle against the Seahawks.

* So the Chargers won. How did the other Los Angeles team do? Well... they were finally bested. The Los Angeles Rams took an uneasy beating in the Big Easy 45-35. The New Orleans Saints are pretty doggone good. Who dat? The Rams couldn't beat 'dem Saints.

Congratulations to all other winners of this week's games up to and beyond the time of this post.

Bills are just awful. Dumpster-fire fest 2018 = Bills @ Jets next Sunday

Josh Allen was at practice on Friday...don't think he threw a pass, but he hasn't been ruled out for Sunday @ the Jets. But I'm 95% sure they will bench him this week since they have a bye week the week after they play the Jets. But with this front office I dunno.

p30HGvt.jpg

Reaction from me after tonight's football (colorized, 2018)

Bills are just awful. Dumpster-fire fest 2018 = Bills @ Jets next Sunday

Josh Allen was at practice on Friday...don't think he threw a pass, but he hasn't been ruled out for Sunday @ the Jets. But I'm 95% sure they will bench him this week since they have a bye week the week after they play the Jets. But with this front office I dunno.
Bills SHOULD win the game this Sunday even if Peterman is starting.

Back