2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
How can you score 51 and still lose? :eek: Can't wait to see the highlights of that one.

I was very busy playing Let's Go Eevee yesterday and only saw the last minutes of the 1st half. But I can totally understand why everybody said it was a wild one.

Was that Super Bowl LIII last night? Did SB53 move from Atlanta to Los Angeles? I use this word a lot, but this time I actually mean it- the Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Rams game was awesome! It had that championship intensity and hard-hitting action all around. I must admit- normally, I am a college football fan more than a pro football fan. However, last night's game was probably one of the best games I have ever seen since first becoming a "sports fan" in 2002. This game felt more like a "basketball on grass" college game than a pro game. I didn't see all of the Rams' 54-51 beating of the Chiefs, but I followed just enough to see the back-and-forth action. Wow! In a way, Estadio Azteca should probably feel bummed that an epic game like this didn't happen at their stadium as originally scheduled. Still- last night was amazing. And remember that Over/Under for this game? Pshaw! The Over/Under of 63 was obliterated with the two teams combining for 105 points. No down ratings for this one!

On to Thanksgiving Week in the NFL, because nothing says Thanksgiving quite like football. It's Week 12 of NFL action for 2018. Allow me to set up this week proper...

BYE WEEK TEAMS (WK. 12): Kansas City and Los Angeles Rams

And now the more interesting matches:

* CHI Bears at DET Lions (Thanksgiving)
* WAS Redskins at DAL Cowboys (Thanksgiving)
* ATL Falcons at NO Saints (Thanksgiving)
* SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 12): GB Packers at MIN Vikings
* MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 12): TEN Titans at HOU Texans

No Chiefs or Rams this coming week after their epic encounter in Los Angeles. Always a fine tradition having NFL football on Thanksgiving in Detroit. And this week ends with an AFC South clash in Houston between the Texans and the Titans.

Lots of football to digest this week. I wish your favorite teams the best of luck this week.

I was trying to get my roommate to stick around for the game last night, jokingly calling it the “Game of the Century!” so I was sure to send him a text once the score passed the century mark:lol:

What a game though. I’d be more than happy for a rematch of this one in Atlanta.

Unpopular Opinion: Rams are extremely overrated.

If/when they see a good defense in the playoffs, they'll get crapped on.

Bears are a dark horse Super Bowl candidate. They're the only team in the league that has a good defense and a capable offense. If it's still true that defense wins championships, the Bears are winning the Super Bowl this year.

And the Bears play the Rams in a few weeks.

And the Chiefs will finally face a good defense when they play the Ravens in a few weeks.

I don't think either of those teams will actually be at the Super Bowl, but I definitely don't think that's a problem that the Rams have as much as the Chiefs do.

Happy Thanksgiving, GTPlaneteers! Enjoy some food and some football on this fine day. Remember we got these games today and tonight:

* CHI Bears at at DET Lions
* WAS Redskins at DAL Cowboys
* ATL Falcons at NO Saints

Enjoy today's games should you be watching!

For years I've been waiting for the Lions to do something... I mean, it would be nice to see them compete...

But nah. It seems they are ok wasting the careers of the veeeery few talented players they get...

In the other Thanksgiving games, the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints held serve at home in their respective games. Dallas defeated the Washington Redskins 31-23, and the New Orleans Saints won 31-17 hosting Atlanta. Dallas held onto their hopes in the NFC East. New Orleans is now 10-1.

Many more games are still left to be played for this week.

THIS JUST IN...

I learned today that Houston Texans owner Bob McNair has passed away today at the age of 81. He was responsible for bringing Houston a new NFL franchise after the Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans. Some people on Twitter still don't forgive him for some of his inflammatory comments, like his "inmates running the asylum" comments in regards to the NFL among other comments he made previously. Regardless, my condolences go out to Bob McNair and all who known and loved him.

The Houston Texans are going for eight straight wins this Monday Night when they host the Tennessee Titans. Surely the Texans will be playing for Bob McNair.

Among other games, New England at the New York Jets and the New York Giants at the Philadelphia Eagles are coming up. So enjoy this Sunday of NFL football action. Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Bills/Jags game was a joke. 25+ penalties called. So many plays went under review. Three and a half hour game.

Jags probably win that game if Leonard Fournette doesn't get into a fistfight with Shaq Lawson. Or if they don't somehow manage to go from 1st and goal on the half yard line all the way back to the 20 or 25, then miss a field goal.

And Blake Bortles is seriously bad.

And Josh Allen is a tank.

Titans at Texans TONIGHT!

We call it the "TNT Rivalry" here- Texans 'n Titans. This is the rivalry between the Houston Texans and the Tennessee Titans. It is the artists formerly known as the Houston Oilers, the Tennessee Titans, against Houston's team- the Houston Texans. The Astrodome isn't used for football or baseball anymore, but NRG Stadium has been a humble abode for the Houston Texans. Tonight is a game with the AFC South in vogue and on display. Few expected the Houston Texans to go from 0-3 to winning seven straight games and hoping for an eighth straight triumph and lead the AFC South. Getting to eight, however, will NOT be easy as a win by the Tennessee Titans can give them better hope of climbing up the ranks in the AFC South at present. And for the Texans, this game takes on even greater significance as Robert (Bob) C. McNair- who helped bring NFL football back to Houston since the departure of the Houston Oilers, passed away this weekend. So this is unbelievable pressure for the Houston Texans to win. Almost like... Super Bowl winning pressure. So will it be the 7-3 (1st in AFC South) Houston Texans or the 5-5 (3rd in AFC South) Tennessee Titans winning tonight?

--- ODDS ---
FAVORED: HOU -4
OVER/UNDER: 42.5 points

I doubt tonight's game will be as epic as last Monday night's offensive shootout between the Chiefs at the Rams, but this should still be a great game. Enjoy tonight's action!

Andy Dalton is done for the year after a thumb injury. At this point, it doesn't really matter. The Bengals started a promising 4-1 on the season, but it's likely we won't make the playoffs at 5-6 now. Terrible play, terrible coaching and injuries galore. Marvin needs(ed) to go (years ago), but here he still is. If this was any other of the 31 teams, we'd have a new coach by now and maybe a positive change in locker room atmosphere. :banghead:

What happened in Houston tonight? Here's what...

Eight. Straight. Wins. We got 'er done 34-17 against the Tennessee Titans. What sucked about this one was the slow start by the Houston Texans. They were already down 10-0 with about nine minutes left in the 1st Quarter. Them Texans, though... doin' work. Pressure like you won't believe, and we still spanked the Titans. The Titans needed to win to make the AFC South race more interesting. I was still pleased at the Texans for a job well done. Most of all, Bob McNair was probably smiling down on the Texans from Heaven on a job well done.

Up next for the Houston Texans... game 2 of this three-game home stand will see the Cleveland Browns come on down to H-Town. Cleveland was done disposing of Cincinnati in their house, now they hope to do the same to the Houston Texans. The Houston Texans will try to go for nine straight wins.

Congratulations to all winners from this week's games. Better luck next time to those who failed.

Andy Dalton is done for the year after a thumb injury. At this point, it doesn't really matter. The Bengals started a promising 4-1 on the season, but it's likely we won't make the playoffs at 5-6 now. Terrible play, terrible coaching and injuries galore. Marvin needs(ed) to go (years ago), but here he still is. If this was any other of the 31 teams, we'd have a new coach by now and maybe a positive change in locker room atmosphere. :banghead:
But if the rumors are true and Hue Jackson is his replacement should they fire Marvin, Cincy will have successfully managed to get a downgrade as head coach instead of actually getting someone better.....

But if the rumors are true and Hue Jackson is his replacement should they fire Marvin, Cincy will have successfully managed to get a downgrade as head coach instead of actually getting someone better.....

One Ohio team needs to be bad. Since the Browns no longer completely suck, it's up to the Bengals to take over.

Leonard Fournette was a beast when he played his college football at LSU. This past weekend, he was a beast of a different kind. The NFL suspended Fournette one game for his fight when the Jacksonville Jaguars hosted the Buffalo Bills. The Jags remain dead last in the AFC South.

Twelve weeks of NFL football are down. Now, let's welcome Week 13. Allow me to set up some of the matches for this week...

BYE WEEK TEAMS (WK. 13): -none-

This week's interesting matches:

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 13): NO Saints at DAL Cowboys
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 13): LAC Chargers at PIT Steelers
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 13): WAS Redskins at PHI Eagles

You know, I think the Saints at Cowboys game could be pretty competitive. Or... it could be New Orleans taking another victim in their tour of awesomeness. Both teams from the Keystone State (Pennsylvania) will get prime time face time this week. I guess the best non-prime time match this week is Minnesota at New England.

I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well so far. Enjoy Week 13 of NFL action!

True. Hue has been a decent offensive coordinator in his career, but a dud of a head coach. I can't see anything getting better if he gets the main job.
One Ohio team needs to be bad. Since the Browns no longer completely suck, it's up to the Bengals to take over.
Also true. I can't remember the last time both Ohio teams were good. :lol: While the Bengals have enjoyed more success (though 0 postseason wins) since 2002, the Browns have only had two winning seasons (2002, 2007) in that time period. In those seasons, the Bengals were 2-14 and 7-9 respectively.

The Bills can run the table and make the playoffs if:
- they win out by beating the Lions, Dolphins x2, Pats, and Jets
AND
- some combo of the Ravens, Chargers, and Colts doesn't get to 9 wins, assuming the Chiefs, Pats, Steelers, and Texans win their divisions

Don't forget... we got some NFL action tonight between the New Orleans Saints at the Dallas Cowboys! If the Saints win tonight, New Orleans will clinch a Playoff berth. We'll see whether or not 'dem Saints can beat 'dem Cowboys in 'dat AT&T Stadium. Who dat?

Kareem Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs has been released from KC after a video surfaced of him striking a woman. The incident occurred back in February of this year but only recently released. The last thing the Chiefs need is any real distraction considering how amazing their season has been so far. So many different dynamics to this story that makes everything so toxic. KC and the NFL have to sort this out as best as they can.

By the way, Dallas defeated New Orleans 13-10 this past Thursday in Dallas.

Back