2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
Titans at Cowboys TONIGHT!

Tonight is a game Houston Texans fans may wish they both lose. It would be more like "pick your poison" in this one. It's the Tennessee Titans of the AFC South against the Dallas Cowboys of the NFC East. Both the Titans and Cowboys are 3-4 on the season so far. Tennessee is 2nd in the AFC South, and Dallas is 3rd in the NFC East. A win for either team will surely feel good to get back into .500 on the season. But if both tie, then they are just so out of luck (SOL). Texans fans probably would want Dallas to win so that the Texans can elevate their playoffs hopes. Regardless, it's time for Tennessee and Dallas to get their shine on in Big D.

--- ODDS ---
FAVORED: DAL (-5.5)
OVER/UNDER: 40 pts.

Enjoy tonight's game! By the way... according to Yahoo! Sports, I read the NFL is partnering with Fortnite to offer outfits of teams in the vastly popular shooter game.

Bills SHOULD win the game this Sunday even if Peterman is starting.

Excuse me?

Sam Darnold's worst is Nathan Peterman's best.

The only thing that can win the game is the defense, but the defense still hasn't scored a point yet and there's a good chance that the now infamous Peterman throw to the flat goes for a pick 6 once or twice.

And there's still no idea whose starting. Anderson is still in concussion protocol, Peterman is Petermanning, and Allen is rehabbing his elbow sprain. McDermott said Anderson will start if healthy, but I seriously doubt that if the doctors say Allen is good to go and he doesn't feel any pain in his elbow.

The Tennessee Titans took down Dallas 28-14 in Dallas last night.

We have now hit double-digit week numbers for this season, as this is Week 10 of NFL action! To set yourself up for this week's games, here is a little schedule I'd like to share...

BYE WEEK TEAMS WK. 10: Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Minnesota

And now the more interesting matches:

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 10: CAR Panthers at PIT Steelers
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 10: DAL Cowboys at PHI Eagles
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 10: NYG Giants at SF 49ers

As you can see, my Houston Texans are off this week. So I won't be sharing if we won or loss (or even tied) this week. To everyone else playing this week, go tackle each others' brains out while we sit back and watch, okay? :)

I may check in and make an assessment of my Texans in a future post. But for now, get ready for Week 10 of NFL action!

Excuse me?

Sam Darnold's worst is Nathan Peterman's best.

The only thing that can win the game is the defense, but the defense still hasn't scored a point yet and there's a good chance that the now infamous Peterman throw to the flat goes for a pick 6 once or twice.

And there's still no idea whose starting. Anderson is still in concussion protocol, Peterman is Petermanning, and Allen is rehabbing his elbow sprain. McDermott said Anderson will start if healthy, but I seriously doubt that if the doctors say Allen is good to go and he doesn't feel any pain in his elbow.
You have a head coach. Not sure if the Jets have an anything coaching.

I figured I'll assess my team as they are in a Bye week.

An 0-3 start is plenty reason to spread doom and gloom. Hope shines through when a team is able to reel off a string of wins. The 2018 Houston Texans seemed pretty doomed after such a lackluster 2017 season. Who would have thought, though, that an 0-3 team could improve to 6-3? Only one other team has made it to 7-3 after an 0-3 start. I don't know what is working for the Texans, but it's working. The Texans will eventually lose a game during this six-game winning streak. By then, the Texans will have to learn what it takes to bounce back and remember what got them to their current winning ways.

Even with Will Fuller V's injury, it is still the amazing DeAndre Hopkins keeping hope alive for the Texans on offense. DeAndre Hopkins is something special even when Andre Johnson was our premier target. Keke Coutee can be a solid offensive weapon if he stays healthy. Alfred Blue is good in the running game for Houston. Don't worry- I haven't forgotten about the defense. J.J. Watt is not really as explosive as he used to be, but he is still plenty solid sacking the QB and making plays at the line of scrimmage. JaDeveon Clowney continues to impress me, playing with fire and not backing down. A lot of the usuals on defense also play solid- Whitney Mercilus, Kareem Jackson, and Johnathan Joseph all among others.

The 2018 Houston Texans are getting better. How much better and how far they can go remain to be seen. Things so far appear to be very bright moving forward.

If you would like to assess your team (or some other), feel free to do so. Or otherwise get ready for action to resume starting this Thursday night.

Anybody want $6 tickets to see Jets @ Bills or Lions @ Bills in December when it'll likely be snowing and blowing?
Nope. I wouldn't even pay that much for Lions tickets since I can have the pleasure of watching them get their asses beaten into oblivion for free from the comforts of my house. Plus I can save money on beer since I won't get gouged at the stadium while trying to drink away the sorrows of supporting the Lions.

Two teams trending upward kicks off this week of NFL football. It's the Carolina Panthers meeting the Pittsburgh Steelers tonight. Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching.

What a competive match last night! That is... if you call Pittsburgh beating Carolina in a 52-21 beatdown competitive. The Pittsburgh Steelers held serve big time at home against the Carolina Panthers. Panthers got beat like a drum.

Last week or so, the ESPN show "Highly Questionable" interviewed JuJu Schuster-Smith of the Pittsburgh Steelers. There were some fascinating things about him, such as his real first name being John and that he actually loves rugby more than gridiron football. I wouldn't mind if this guy played for the USA rugby team after seeing that interview. Maybe he would lessen the damage from if the USA played against various rugby powers like New Zealand, Australia, Wales, or others.

Of the remaining games this week, I find the Saints at Bengals game most interesting. I know GTPlanet's favorite Bengals fans (like our Dolph Drago) will probably be watching this one. Among other GTPlaneer games... Buffalo Bills at New York Jets, and there's also the Detroit Lions at the Chicago Bears.

Well... good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Still no word on whose starting Sunday. He ruled out Anderson, and backtracked on saying Peterman is starting, but hasn't ruled Barkley or Allen. My guess is, if Allen is feeling good on Sunday he's starting. If not, it's likely Peterman. Doubt Barkley starts unless McDermott finally lost his confidence in his boy.

Of the remaining games this week, I find the Saints at Bengals game most interesting. I know GTPlanet's favorite Bengals fans (like our Dolph Drago) will probably be watching this one. Among other GTPlaneer games... Buffalo Bills at New York Jets, and there's also the Detroit Lions at the Chicago Bears.
A.J. Green is out at least a couple games with a toe injury, John Ross has been a bust, every tight end on the team is injured, the defensive has been a sieve, and Drew Brees is coming to town...what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

I'll record the game, as per usual. Whether I watch it later or not depends on if the Bengals pull off a miracle. I ain't holding my breath. :P

Last week or so, the ESPN show "Highly Questionable" interviewed JuJu Schuster-Smith of the Pittsburgh Steelers. There were some fascinating things about him, such as his real first name being John and that he actually loves rugby more than gridiron football. I wouldn't mind if this guy played for the USA rugby team after seeing that interview. Maybe he would lessen the damage from if the USA played against various rugby powers like New Zealand, Australia, Wales, or others.
Juju is hands down my favourite Steeler. He's great fun to watch but he's also a very cool guy and has a real sense of fun. I guess it's a good thing we found his bike, otherwise he might have left to play rugby...

And McDermott finally lost confidence in his boy. Matt Barkley, whose been in Buffalo all of ten or so days, is starting for the first time in two years.

Legitimate question: Is the current state of the NFC East the result of over 15 years of Belichick and the Patriots or are they just lucky to have the Jets Bills and Dolphins to play 6 times each year?

Good morning/afternoon/evening, GTPlaneteers! How are you all? Time to continue this week of NFL football. Enjoy the games today, tonight, and Monday Night!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Legitimate question: Is the current state of the NFC East the result of over 15 years of Belichick and the Patriots or are they just lucky to have the Jets Bills and Dolphins to play 6 times each year?

They're lucky to be in a division with teams that haven't been able to find a QB that can play for more than 3-5 years.

See: Pennington, Sanchez, Henne, Tannehill, Fitz, EJ, anyone else these sad teams have put on the field over the years.

And they're lucky that those same teams have not been able to find head coaches that last more than 3-5 years.

See: Mangini, Ryan, Chan, Sparano, Bowles, Saban, anyone else that didn't last or could be competitive.

Swap the Pats with the Ravens and the Ravens would probably be 12-4 every year too.

A little rundown...

* The Cleveland Browns knocked off the Atlanta Falcons 28-16 in Cleveland. Pretty cool for the Brownies to clean up the Dirty Birds.

* Cleveland did good, but what about the other Ohio NFL team? New Orleans tamed the Cincinnati Bengals big time- 51-14. Almost as if the Saints were playing the University of Cincinnati Bearcats rather than the Cincinnati Bengals. Ouch.

* 41-10 was the final score in East Rutherford, New Jersey as the Buffalo Bills throttled the New York Jets. The J! E! T! S! Jets Jets Jets! were grounded big time.

* Maybe other teams can learn from the Tennessee Titans on how to beat the New England Patriots. Tennessee won 34-10 in Nashville over the big bad Pats.

* Cats from MoTown, Bears from Chi-Town. The Chicago Bears blew away the Detroit Lions 34-22 in the Windy City.

* It was the Washington Redskins that did good today by defeating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16-3 in Tampa Bay. The weather was beautiful, but it wasn't a very good day in Florida if you're a Bucs fan.

* AFC South positioning at stake when Jacksonville hit up Indianapolis. The Colts won at home 29-26 over visiting Jacksonville.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games up to and beyond the time of this post.

Unexpected. for sure.
Not really. If you had seen how the Jets played last week, this week was not something that COULDN'T happen. Their offense is about as good as a Division II offense would be. Therefore, the team will go nowhere until Bowles is fired, which should be tomorrow.

Giants at 49ers TONIGHT!

Tonight's Monday Night Football match takes place some distance away from beautiful San Francisco in the city of Santa Clara, California. While San Francisco is beautiful, the two teams playing tonight have ugly records and both last in their respective divisions. It's tough to sell or hype a game where both teams have lost seven games so far this season; but as I can, I try to find the positives in negatives. One of these NFC teams will enjoy winning again (pending a tie). So will it be the 1-7 New York Giants of the NFC East or the 2-7 San Francisco of the NFC West who will win? One loser will be a winner for a change!

--- ODDS ---
FAVORED: SF -3
OVER/UNDER: 45 pts.

Enjoy this game if you will be watching! By the way and looking ahead, I can guarantee you that next week's Monday Night game will have two WINNING teams for a change, as both teams for next week's Monday Night match are 9-1.

Not really. If you had seen how the Jets played last week, this week was not something that COULDN'T happen. Their offense is about as good as a Division II offense would be. Therefore, the team will go nowhere until Bowles is fired, which should be tomorrow.

I didnt think this team had it in 'em to put up 40, no matter who theyre playing.

I'm just glad that the unofficial title of worst team went from Buffalo to East Rutherford, whether its Giants or Jets.

Yep. Pretty much.

As for today, Tank Bowl 4 is upon us... what a glorious way to end Week 10.

I read on ESPN's Bottom Line that Todd Bowles is expected to remain coach of the New York Jets through the end of this season. So if you don't like Bowles, just wait it out for... 1.5 months.

I also heard that the Cincinnati Bengals relieved their defensive coordinator of his duties. Cincy got spanked at home 51-14 to the visiting New Orleans Saints.

Again- tonight is what our MoLiEG calls "Tank Bowl IV," Giants at 49ers from Santa Clara, CA.

Back