2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
Those two words just don't go together.
After today, they did it twice against the Bengals this year. :lol:

Speaking of my Bengals, I'm torn about next week. On one hand, I want them to lose to get a better draft selection. At the same time, they're playing the Steelers, and a loss to the Bengals would end their chances of making the playoffs which would make me quite happy...

By virtue of the Pittsburgh Steelers losing at the New Orleans Saints, the Houston Texans have clinched a Playoff berth. The Texans can win the AFC South next week if they defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars at home. Otherwise, the AFC South will go to the winner of Indianapolis at Tennessee.

Somehow still going and weirdly in contention for the #2 seed and 1st round bye assuming:
  • WIN v.s Browns
  • Jags win over Texans
  • Jets win over Pats
  • Titans/Colts doesn't tie

Broncos at Raiders TONIGHT!

In vogue tonight is the AFC West. This is the final Monday Night Football game of the 2018 NFL season. It is also somewhat a GTPlanet forum rivalry between Danoff's Broncos and MoLiEG's Raiders. There isn't a playoff berth under the Christmas respectively for for Denver or Oakland. Both are in the bottom half of the AFC West: Denver is 6-8 (3rd in AFC West), and Oakland is 3-11 (4th in AFC West). They are either playing for pride or for landing top draft picks. Both teams have had rough seasons. Both can play for the future with a win. WHO will win, though? Find out tonight from "The Black Hole" in this Bay Area matchup!

--- ODDS ---
FAVORED: DEN (-2)
OVER/UNDER: 42.5 points

I read something on ESPN's Bottom Line that the Raiders were in discussions of having home games at AT&T Park. If you don't know what AT&T Park is, it is the beautiful waterfront ballpark for Major League Baseball's San Francisco Giants. It has been used plenty of times for college football Bowl games, so it wouldn't be too foreign to see this ballpark be used for football. Oakland's football stadium is the only football stadium that also has baseball played at it. It was announced in the past that the Oakland Athletics will move to a new waterfront ballpark to be opened in a few years time.

Enjoy this final Monday Night Football game of 2018 if you will be watching this Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas!

Last night saw the Oakland Raiders win 27-14 over the Denver Broncos in Oakland. So congratulations to MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders.

Only one week remains in this 2018 season of NFL football, and that is this one- Week 17. One last chance to make a playoff push. One last chance to sweeten your playoff offer. Or simply... one more week to play for the future or a top draft pick. Before any games are played, here are the teams that are in the playoffs:

--- AFC: Who's IN! ---
* New England (AFC East champions)
* ...AFC East...
* ...AFC South...
* ...AFC West...
* ...AFC Wild Card 1...
* ...AFC Wild Card 2...
* Houston (playoff berth)
* Kansas City (playoff berth)
* Los Angeles Chargers (playoff berth)

--- NFC: Who's IN! ---
* Dallas (NFC East champions)
* Chicago (NFC North champions)
* New Orleans (NFC South champions, home field advantage)
* Los Angeles Rams (NFC West champions)
* ...NFC Wild Card 1...
* ...NFC Wild Cars 2...
* Seattle (playoff berth)

EVERYBODY plays on Sunday this week. No Thursday night, no Saturday, no Monday night. The action is all covered in one day- this Sunday. The nightcap to this week is the game that was flexed to Sunday night- Indianapolis Colts at the Tennessee Titans. If the Houston Texans lose at home to the Jacksonville Jaguars, the IND at TEN game will be for the AFC South championship.

I hope you enjoy this final week of regular season NFL football for 2018. Good luck to all of your favorite teams. And of course- Merry Christmas!

All 32 teams. 16 games. Playoff slots still to be determined. All in one day. Buckle up, GTPlanet... it's going to be a wild ride.

If your favorite team(s)is/are still in it, make the most of this final opportunity. If not, just finish the season on a positive note. Still enjoy this final day of the regular season of the 2018 NFL season.

The Houston Texans have finished the 2018 NFL regular season 11-5 by spanking the Jacksonville Jaguars 20-3 in Houston. They have won the AFC South yet again. They go from last in their division the previous season to winning their division the following season. Now everybody else will play their own games for the Texans to determine what their first round Playoff match will be. From 4-12 in 2017 to 11-5 is an amazing accomplishment. All congratulations to the Texans on a job well done.

Congratulations to all other winners from Week 17, including the Detroit Lions proving they ain't never scared of no Green Bay Packers- 31-0 victory in Green Bay.

The good news: Thank god the season is over.

The bad news: The "rebuild" will continue next year.

The worse news: Overall, we are not that good drafting players. Derek Carr is still here.

The "please kill me" news: Mahomes is here to haunt us for the next decade. And so does Jon Gruden.

Habs_fans_bags_2001.jpg

Just lose, baby :( #Raiders

Moving on to a happy note, congratulations Bengals fans, your front office finally had the courage to fire Marvin Lewis.

Pats probably have another free ride to the AFC Championship game...again.

This might be the worst Pats team I've ever seen getting to the postseason. I highly doubt they'll get there...

Buuuuut they still have pretty boy Tom, sooo... anything can happen, I think...

Moving on to a happy note, congratulations Bengals fans, your front office finally had the courage to fire Marvin Lewis.

Ya, but will they hire Hue Jackson as the new coach? Because that's a total Bengals thing to do.

Wow... 16 seasons for Marvin Lewis as Bengals coach; now canned.

The 2018 regular season has come to an end. All 32 teams had a chance to prove to be among the top percentile, and 12 have succeeded. These successful teams have a chance to play in Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII and hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Congratulations to the following teams on making the postseason:

! = Division winner
!! = Home-Field Advantage

--- AFC: Who's IN! ---
* New England!
* Baltimore!
* Houston!
* Kansas City!!
* Los Angeles Chargers
* Indianapolis

--- NFC: Who's IN! ---
* Dallas!
* Chicago!
* New Orleans!!
* Los Angeles Rams!
* Seattle
* Philadelphia

I forgot to mention this. Here is how the regular season ends for the 2018 season:

! = playoff team
!! = division winner
!!! = home-field advantage

--- AFC ---
AFC EAST: New England!! (11-5), MIA (7-9), BUF (6-10), NYJ (4-12)
AFC NORTH: Baltimore!! (10-6), PIT (9-6-1), CLE (7-8-1), CIN (6-10)
AFC SOUTH: Houston!! (11-5), IND! (10-6), TEN (9-7), JAX (5-11)
AFC WEST: Kansas City!!! and Los Angeles Chargers! (12-4 each), DEN (6-10), OAK (4-12)

--- NFC ---
NFC EAST: Dallas!! (10-6), PHI! (9-7), WAS (7-9), NYG (5-11)
NFC NORTH: Chicago!! (12-4), MIN (8-7-1), GB (6-9-1), DET (6-10)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans!!! (13-3), ATL and CAR (7-9 each), TB (5-11)
NFC WEST: Los Angeles Rams!! (13-3), SEA (10-6), SF (4-12), ARI (3-13)

I meant to do a Standings update, but didn't get around to it (or even think about it) until now. So there you go.

This is the Wild Card round. The games are to be played this coming Saturday and Sunday. Here is the schedule:

* IND Colts at HOU Texans
* SEA Seahawks at DAL Cowboys
* LAC Chargers at BAL Ravens
* PHI Eagles at CHI Bears

The winners of these games will advance to the Divisional games. Good luck to all postseason teams.

[OMISSION] Forgot to include a Standings Update. Included now.

Last edited:
This might be the worst Pats team I've ever seen getting to the postseason. I highly doubt they'll get there...

As a Ravens fan, I usually hope to stay clear of the Patriots in the post season. But for some reason, I really REALLY hope we get to face them this time. Even though, I know, that if any coach has the skills to dismantle the Ravens attack, it’s coach Belichick. I still really want a go at them!

It's because we didn't get our annual game with them yet. I still don't want to see them. :lol: No fear, just want them to get knocked out of playoffs nice and easy.

It's because we didn't get our annual game with them yet. I still don't want to see them. :lol: No fear, just want them to get knocked out of playoffs nice and easy.
Naaah... we can take them...I think. And just imagine how sweet that victory will be! To be honest, I’m more worried about facing the Chargers again.

Feel for Steve Wilks. Yeah, the Cards had the worst record in the league but he didn't really have a lot to work with. Would be happy to see him back on the Panthers coaching staff.
Pats probably have another free ride to the AFC Championship game...again.

Ugh.

Even though we are all "ANYBODY but the Patriots!", remember the defending champions are the Philadelphia Eagles, and they are in the postseason. I'm pretty sure people are hoping some other team becomes better than New England to prevent the old "same old song and dance," since there are those who feel the NFL isn't all that good anymore with New England still being the team to beat. Really, I think New England is still plenty vulnerable.

From my previous post, I added a Standings Update to indicate how the regular season ended. So the team with the worst record this season is the Arizona Cardinals at 3-13. I wonder who the Cardinals will select in the 2019 NFL Draft. Worst AFC record is a tie between the New York Jets and the Oakland Raiders, both finishing 4-12. Both New Orleans and the Los Angeles Rams finished with 13-3 records.

Any thoughts on the upcoming playoffs? Or... are some of you bold enough to pick the winner of Super Bowl LIII right now?

The Pats will face the Texans, Ravens, or Chargers. You're telling me they can't atleast sneak past those teams?

Texans and Ravens have young QBs, whom Belichick feasts on at home, and the Chargers would have to travel to the East Coast twice in two weeks. But out of those teams, I think the Ravens have the best chance at taking the Pats, just cause their defense probably can contain Tom....but for the Ravens to face the Pats they would need a Colts victory.

But I think this years Super Bowl champion has to come out of the NFC. You've got top defenses in the Bears and Cowboys, and top offenses in the Saints and Rams.

But in the entire NFL, there's not a single team right now that has a top 5 offense and top 5 defense, so with that, I think every single team has a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl (except the Eagles...they probably shouldn't be a playoff team)

Last edited:
The Good: After 16 years of 0 playoff wins (0-7), Marvin is finally gone. I appreciate what he did to turn around the franchise after the dark days of the 90's through early 2000's, but it was time to go. Being the 2nd longest tenured coach behind Belichick with nothing to show for it was enough.

Ya, but will they hire Hue Jackson as the new coach? Because that's a total Bengals thing to do.
The Bad: Probably this.

The Good: After 16 years of 0 playoff wins (0-7), Marvin is finally gone. I appreciate what he did to turn around the franchise after the dark days of the 90's through early 2000's, but it was time to go. Being the 2nd longest tenured coach behind Belichick with nothing to show for it was enough.

The Bad: Probably this.
Face it. The Bengals are the new Browns, now that the Browns are no longer the....well you know what I mean

On the bright side, Bengals fans at least can take solace in the fact that they can share the title of laughing stock of the NFL with the Lions. As long as the Loins remain a franchise, the Bengals can never have sole possession of that title.

On the bright side, Bengals fans at least can take solace in the fact that they can share the title of laughing stock of the NFL with the Lions. As long as the Loins remain a franchise, the Bengals can never have sole possession of that title.

Can't we all just take a moment to laugh at Josh Rosen and the Cardinals?

Thinking about it, it seems all the "cat" teams were crap this year. Bengals and Lions being their usual laughingstocks. Jaguars were awful. And the Panthers started off hot (not unlike the Bengals), and completely tanked the rest of the season (like the Bengals).

Back