2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
I've had minimal interest in all sports for almost two years, three+ for football. Were it not for a specific guy on YouTube I'd have no idea whatsw going on. That said, I do have thoughts...

I'd like to see either Chiefs/Bears or Ravens/Rams, Chargers/Saints could be entertaining too. I'd wager Cowboys/Patriots or Chiefs/Rams.

The Playoffs are here! Congratulations if your favorite team(s) made it this far. Today begins the Wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs. It is time again for the Lombardi Trophy to be put on the line. As with any round of the Playoffs this is the mantra to follow:

"Win or go home."

That's right. If you lose, your season is over, and you will have to try again to make the playoffs next season. So try to win as best as you can. 12 teams will become 8 after this weekend.

Good luck to all playoff teams from here on out.

72C8044F-4915-441A-B73D-566BF2243CD1.jpeg

Yeah, don't remind me of the Texans doing nearly nothing but play dead the first half against Indianapolis. This is basically the Rubber Game between the Colts and Texans. Texans took the first one in Overtime in Indy, then Indy came to Houston and won the second game. Third? Oh, and I saw that picture on Twitter a few minutes ago on Twitter.

Win or go home... and the Texans failed to win. 21-7 was the final score in Houston as the Texans were beaten on both sides of the ball by the Indianapolis Colts. This is the damndest of shames. Granted I didn't have the Texans winning, the Texans could have played much better. It almost made it seem like the Texans got lucky going from 0-3 to 9-3 and eventually win the AFC South. Terrible. Still proud of the Texans turning around a lethargic 2017 season.

Congratulations to whomever wins Super Bowl LIII. I'm done... and so are my Houston Texans. On to the Rockets and Astros, methinks.

Terrible injury to Cowboys wide receiver Allen Hurns. :( His ankle or lower leg was broken when the tackler swung around behind him and pinned his foot under him.

Terrible injury to Cowboys wide receiver Allen Hurns. :( His ankle or lower leg was broken when the tackler swung around behind him and pinned his foot under him.
Yeah, one of the worst I have seen. Wishing him all the best. Tough for both teams.

What the actual fudge!!??
How do you not put Flacco in the game!? Harbaugh and his stubbornness lost us this game. Lamar has produced NOTHING for three straight quarters, and you keep putting him in!
Flacco should have started the second half! What a joke

It’s downright disrespectful towards Flacco
...hold that thought...
...yeah never mind

Last edited:
I think the best comment I saw about the game was "Lamar didn't know it wasn't a 4 o'clock game." So much potential all too late in the game.

FG kicker being tied for 2nd most misses in the season. Guess he's gone next season.

To be fair, the offense was anemic so I'll fault them for this loss.

That being said, first playoff appearance in nearly a decade? I'll take that at least.

Wild Card round is over!

Advancing: Indianapolis, Dallas, Los Angeles Chargers, Philadelphia
Done: Houston, Seattle, Baltimore, Chicago

So get ready for the Divisional games next weekend!

Joe Flacco to the Giants could make the Giants a decent team again.
Please no. Flacco is just as bad/good as Manning only Flacco is hurt all the time. If Flacco had won another Super Bowl, they would basically be the same person (except for the whole mouth breathing vs uni-brow).

What the actual fudge!!??
How do you not put Flacco in the game!? Harbaugh and his stubbornness lost us this game. Lamar has produced NOTHING for three straight quarters, and you keep putting him in!
Flacco should have started the second half! What a joke

It’s downright disrespectful towards Flacco
...hold that thought...
...yeah never mind

To be honest, I think the Ravens playcalling was terrible for 3 Quarters and they realized you can actually throw the pigskin on consecutive plays once it was too late in the game.

It went something like this:

Fancy Read Option Play No. 1
Fancy Read Option Play No. 2
Short pass from the Shotgun
Punt

However, is was funny to see how once the Ravens re-discovered what forward passing is they almost managed a comeback. It makes you wonder what could have happened if they had played like that from the start, instead of going for a "less than 15 minute long" effort.

I found it interesting that yesterday was the first day in NFL history that had two playoff games without first half touchdowns on the same day.

I also get the feeling that teams needing a QB might try to trade for Flacco. The first team I can think of in that deal would be the Jaguars since Bortles has been beyond inconsistent the past couple of years.

RECENTLY ANNOUNCED:

Green Bay Packers fans, get to know your new head coach: Matt LaFleur. He was formerly the Offensive Coordinator for the Tennessee Titans. So maybe he will get to turn around the Packers as Head Coach.

That is an odd hire. The Packers tend to go internally or for a more experienced coach. And to say Tennessee's offense was lackluster is an understatement...

The coaching carousel continues as Kliff Kingsbury will be the new Arizona Cardinals head coach. The Arizona Cardinals finished the 2018 season with the worst record overall- 3-13. Hopefully Kingsbury can lift the Cardinals out of the doldrums.

Kingsbury to the Cardinals seems like a very risky hire. On one hand, Texas Tech didn't do much when he was their coach. On the other, he coached Mahomes while he was there, and we all can see that he can play QB. If he can at least get Rosen to play decent, they might have a chance.

Since I have been posting about coaching carousels and such, let me drop another post on you all. To fans of various teams, get to know your respective new head coaches:

* Cleveland Browns: Freddie Kitchens
* Denver Broncos: Vic Fangio
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Arians
* New York Jets: Adam Gase

These are among the more recent ones I haven't covered. My source was Field Yates on Twitter. I initially wanted to discuss the Browns new head coach. I have some interest on if the Houston Texans will hold onto Bill O'Brien or any number of the coaching personnel on the Texans' staff.

But yeah- the coaching madness continues.

Jets have hired the Dolphins garbage. Still puzzled why they didn't take McCarthy (who will NOT coach in 2019, he's sitting out).

Divisional matches begin today! Here is the card for this weekend:

* IND Colts at KC Chiefs
* DAL Cowboys at LAR Rams
* LAC Chargers at NE Patriots
* PHI Eagles at NO Saints

Which four will advance and move closer to playing in Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta? Find out this weekend!

Good luck to all teams.

I hope it's getting nice and snowy for the first game! Love the weather factor, don't see it enough.

I want the Colts, Rams, Chargers and Saints to win. Only the Saints will win today, however.

I'd be impressed if the Saints win today.

I choose Eagles anyway.

Back