2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
Okay, changes to my latest post made. My apologies. Remember- I'm human like every other GTPlaneteer...

We got Thursday Night Football between the Indianapolis Colts at the New England Patriots. Ever since Peyton Manning moved on from the Colts, this AFC rivalry doesn't have the same ring to it. Tom Brady's still with New England. Only that it's Andrew Luck leading Indy in recent times. It should still be a plenty decent matchup worthy of your time.

I screwed up a lot of stuff lately, so go ahead and straighten me out if I provided any further misinformation. Otherwise, enjoy tonight's game!

Another Sunday, more NFL action. Let's light it up. Enjoy all of the action today, tonight, and even tomorrow night.

NFL musings...

* Browns dun' dun' it again. The Brownies dispatched SecretAgentZero's Baltimore Ravens on a late field goal in Overtime. If the game ended 9-9, it will have been the first time in NFL history a game ended in a 9-9 tie. It instead ends in a 12-9 victory for Cleveland. Sorry about the Ravens. Cleveland, meanwhile, has already won as many games this season as they have total the past three or so seasons.

* If Houston wins tonight hosting the Dallas Cowboys, we'll be the only AFC South team to win this week (IND lost, JAX lost, and TEN lost). Houston has only beaten Dallas once in the regular season- September 2002 in our maiden game. I still don't think we're making the Playoffs. However, I'd love to see the Texans get some positive momentum going and regularly win.

* Speaking of Tennessee, I felt bad that they won, until CBS Sports' Bottom Line quickly shown Buffalo kick a walk-off (to use baseball speak) field goal to win the game 13-12.

* Congratulations to the Detroit Lions taking down the Green Bay Packers in MoTown.

Got to love the NFL!

The Dolphins ****ing suck. That 4th quarter was a travesty. Some real death note type stuff going on there.

The Dolphins ****ing suck. That 4th quarter was a travesty. Some real death note type stuff going on there.
You beat the Jets. Although that's now looking hollow. No idea why the Broncos decided to just disappear today.

The Bengals erased a 17 point deficit to win. These aren't the Bengals I've been so used to seeing in the past. Absolutely nuts. (Sorry, @Omnis)
4-1 is a really nice feeling as we get ready to face Pittsburgh I think.

So, did you enjoy watching the Houston Texans defeat the Dallas Cowboys 19-16 in Overtime? This game was all about the Red Zone defense mostly. It was a well-played game, though not pretty in any sense. Both HOU and DAL are 2-3 on the season. Lone Star State pride goes to Houston in this one.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we got a GTPlanet rivalry- my Texans hosting samurai8juice's Buffalo Bills next Sunday afternoon.

Congratulations to all other winners on this week, including both of Ohio's NFL teams.

Redskins at Saints TONIGHT!

Let us take a stroll tonight down to a little city we like to call... New Orleans, Louisiana. This Monday Night is a little NFC showdown as the NFC East's Washington Redskins pay a visit to The Big Easy to meet the NFC South's New Orleans Saints. Who dat? Who said dey' gon' beat dem' Saints? This time, it's the Redskins thinking dey' gon' beat dem' Saints. Will they? How would I know? So about we let the 2-1 Washington Redskins and the 3-1 New Orleans Saints settle the score on the field tonight? THEN we'll see if dem' Redskins can beat dem' Saints. Or... if we'll have another tie possibly.

Betting information:
FAVORED: NO -6
OVER/UNDER: 51.5 points

Please enjoy tonight's game should you be watching.

"Y U no call me the G.O.A.T.?"

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to take this moment to congratulate Drew Brees on becoming the NFL's all-time passing yards leader. He passed (no pun intended) Brett Favre for 2nd and then Peyton Manning for 1st. Maybe Drew Brees got sick of people not mentioning him as one of the best ever NFL QBs and decided to toss the pigskin around and pass for more yards in NFL history than either Brett Favre or Peyton Manning. Mission accomplished. I greatly respect Drew Brees. Heck, dude was even born the same calendar day as me (January 15).

As of right now, New Orleans leads Washington 33-13 with 12:23 left in the 3rd Quarter.

Drew Brees and Tom Brady is like the Marino Montana dilemma. Tom Brady will take chunks out of you but Brees will lop your head off. Either way, you're gonna get shredded.

Let's go to Week 6 of the 2018 NFL season, shall we? I hope you enjoyed the historic night last night in New Orleans with Drew Brees becoming the all-time passing yards leader. Let's set up Week 6 action by showing off some of the more interesting matches...

* THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 6: PHI Eagles at NYG Giants
* SEA Seahawks vs. OAK Raiders (game played in London, England, UK)
* SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 6: KC Chiefs at NE Patriots
* MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 6: SF Giants at GB Packers

BYE WEEK TEAMS: Detroit, New Orleans

So how about that? Our first game too hot to be played in the United States will be played in London. The Sunday Night game this week is going to be awesome as the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs will try to stay undefeated when they play in the purgatory known as New England.

Enjoy this week's games, and good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Bengals/Chiefs game in week 7 has been moved to Sunday night since both teams are on top of the AFC. Rams/49ers moved to 4:25 p.m. because the showdown between Goff and Jimmy G isn't happening.

Jameis Winston returns to football this week. I renamed my team for last week in honor of Fitzpatrick being benched (again):

upload_2018-10-9_13-36-24.png

In addition, the 1-4 NY Giants are the highest scoring team in the NFC East... :boggled:

God, the best we could give the UK is Seahawks, who is just a shell of a team, and the Raiders, who are coached by an idiot? I'm sorry England, American Football is better than that.

Eva
Bengals/Chiefs game in week 7 has been moved to Sunday night since both teams are on top of the AFC.
Crap, that drops the Bengals' chances of winning by about 50%. They may have won a night game already this season, but 2 is pushing it...

Yeah, I was going to say... "Prime Time" and "Cincinnati Bengals" don't usually go together. If Kansas City wins at New England, then the Bengals have a chance to defeat undefeated Kansas City.

Sad notes to pass along... my condolences go out to the passing of Alex Spanos (Los Angeles Chargers owner) and George Tallaferro (first Black player to be drafted, drafted by the Bears in 1949 by the Chicago Bears). Spanos was 95, and Tallaferro was 91.

I don't know about that. The Houston Texans' offense has been anemic at best. They don't have enough of that punch to be worthy of being high in the power rankings. More realistic would probably be 20-16, Texans.

According to ESPN's "First Take," I heard that NFL ratings have gone up, drawing in 15.6M viewers. This is an increase of about 3%. It has been the first big increase in viewership since 2015.

Tonight is Thursday Night Football as the defending champion Philadelphia Eagles will pay a visit to the New York Giants. So enjoy tonight's game if you will be watching.

IMG_20181014_162914.jpg

I said this as soon as the Texans got the ball with the score 13-10. Not quite spot on, but eery, huh?

I'm suspect I'm probably done with Bills games this year until he's cut. I know Anderson sucks but at least when he beat the Bills by playing like garbage he was on a different team.

Last edited:
Despite multiple penalties by both teams, the Houston Texans managed to defeat the Buffalo Bills 20-13. We did so in a very sloppy game. It would have been another Overtime game if we didn't score a pick-six as Buffalo got the ball back late. Another Texans interception sealed the deal. So after starting the season 0-3, we leveled ourselves back to .500 as we are now 3-3. And after having nine straight losses stemming from last season, we now have three straight wins. And this time, Overtime wasn't needed!

Honestly... Buffalo could have easily won this game on defense alone. They forced turnovers like it was second nature. This game almost seemed like the Texans were playing against themselves. Almost like the Buffalo Bills were a doppleganger of the Texans, or maybe the Texans a doppleganger of the Buffalo Bills. Buffalo played Houston hard, but Houston came through. The Bills have nothing to be ashamed of, honestly speaking.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're going to the Sunshine State to clash with the Jacksonville Jaguars next Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile...

** handshake samurai8juice ***

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games. Hopefully if your favorite team didn't win, maybe your fantasy team (assuming you have one) won.

View attachment 773583

I said this as soon as the Texans got the ball with the score 13-10. Not quite spot on, but eery, huh?

Spoken like a true Bills fan. Nobody blows games like the Buffalo Bills (except maybe the Lions).

I'm suspect I'm probably done with Bills games this year until he's cut. I know Anderson sucks but at least when he beat the Bills by playing like garbage he was on a different team.

I can't give up...yet. This defense has been playing really well against other mediocre teams. But the offense...my God the offense....If Allen wasn't the QB and it was some other veteran, it would be completely unwatchable. But with Allen's injury, who knows.

Honestly... Buffalo could have easily won this game on defense alone. They forced turnovers like it was second nature. This game almost seemed like the Texans were playing against themselves. Almost like the Buffalo Bills were a doppleganger of the Texans, or maybe the Texans a doppleganger of the Buffalo Bills.

How the Texans scored:
7 off a muffed punt with short field
3 off a blocked punt with short field
3 on a regular drive
7 off a pick six

How the Bills scored:
3 off a pick with short field
3 on a regular drive
7 off a fumble with short field

They pretty much doppelganged each other.

The Bills have nothing to be ashamed of, honestly speaking.

Defensively yes, offensively no. Allen is hurt, Peterman is garbage, and Anderson is really old. The offense is just unbelievably stagnant unless they're handed free points.

That AJ McCarron trade really really hurt this team. It shows that they were way too confident in the Peter-Man, who had showed nothing outside of the pre-season and the snow game against the Colts.

What was the game from week 5 (I think it was) where a defensive lineman recovered a fumble and rumbled in for the TD?

Back