2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
I believe that was a Kansas City Chiefs defender in the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Although that was an interception and not a fumble:

I believe that was a Kansas City Chiefs defender in the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Although that was an interception and not a fumble:

That's not the one I saw. The guy was running the other way, and he was further out. I also think he was in white but I'm not sure about that.

God, the best we could give the UK is Seahawks, who is just a shell of a team, and the Raiders, who are coached by an idiot? I'm sorry England, American Football is better than that.

I went to this match last night. Shell of a team or not, the Seahawks absolutely buried the Raiders. No doubt that better teams would have put on a better match, but unless you're a hardcore fan of any particular team, you go watch for the spectacle and the atmosphere and there was bags of atmosphere. I'd say that perhaps only 50% of the crowd was British and rest was either Americans or other Europeans.

Would i be right in saying that the Raiders are particularly disliked by fans of the other teams? - They came onto the pitch to boos and that continued every time they had possession and then massive cheers every time Carr was sacked, which last night was plenty.

Ironically, the only other NFL game i've been to watch was the (then) L.A. Rams vs. the (then) L.A. Raiders in a pre-season at the Angels stadium back in '92.

I don't know if the Raiders are hated by fans of other teams (certainly not anything like the Cowboys or Patriots) so much as Raiders fans are hated by fans of other teams.

I went to this match last night. Shell of a team or not, the Seahawks absolutely buried the Raiders. No doubt that better teams would have put on a better match, but unless you're a hardcore fan of any particular team, you go watch for the spectacle and the atmosphere and there was bags of atmosphere. I'd say that perhaps only 50% of the crowd was British and rest was either Americans or other Europeans.
I was at the Rams vs Cardinals last year at Twickenham and the Rams destroyed them 33-0.

I'm off to the Titans Vs Chargers this weekend so I'm hoping for more of a game this time, but somehow I don't see it.

I'm off to the Titans Vs Chargers this weekend so I'm hoping for more of a game this time, but somehow I don't see it.

I hope it's on at a more sociable hour than last night's game. With a 6pm kick-off i didn't leave London until 11pm. I'm a dead man walking at work today.

I hope it's on at a more sociable hour than last night's game. With a 6pm kick-off i didn't leave London until 11pm. I'm a dead man walking at work today.
I think last year's game was a 5pm kick off, but this one is at 2pm, so it's much better.

Would i be right in saying that the Raiders are particularly disliked by fans of the other teams? - They came onto the pitch to boos and that continued every time they had possession and then massive cheers every time Carr was sacked, which last night was plenty.

For the most part, yes. I don't really like them and I have no real reason to hate them, but I do.

And that game turned out better than I thought, largely in part to Oakland's Swiss cheese O-Line.

Game in Minneapolis yesterday was a 13 hour event all in. Four hour drive, a four hour game and another 4 hour drive home with a quick gas stop.

20181014_115311.jpg

At least it was free. :dopey:

49ers at Packers TONIGHT!

I have been late hyping this one up, but it's another Monday Night on the Frozen Tundra. The Santa Clarita... uh, San Francisco 49ers will leave the Bay Area to get some Midwestern hospitality in Dairy Country. The NFC is in vogue as the NFC West's 1-4 Niners will set it off against the 2-2-1 NFC North's Packers. Both are 3rd in their respective divisions. Tonight will determine who will win this match.

Betting Info...
FAVORED: GB -9.5
OVER/UNDER: 46 pts.

So choose wisely.

Should you be watching tonight's game, enjoy! Good luck to both teams tonight.

Seven. Seventh week of the 2018 National Football League season now. This past week saw undefeated Kansas City finally get bested as well as the Green Bay Packers take down San Francisco at home. To get the hype going for the new week, here are some of the more interesting matches this week:

* THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 7: DEN Broncos at ARI Cardinals
* TEN Titans vs. LAC Chargers (game played in London, England, UK)
* SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 7: CIN Bengals at KC Chiefs
* MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 7: NYG Giants at ATL Falcons

BYE WEEK TEAMS: Green Bay, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Seattle

Alright. So that should set you all straight.

I decided to make a quick assessment of my Houston Texans. So here goes...

After an 0-3 start to the season, the Houston Texans seemed to have turn things around. The team is slowly starting to execute better, but there is still a long ways to go. They have won three straight after losing nine straight stemming from last season. I still don't see Playoffs in the 2018 Texans' future, but this weekend could help in restoring confidence. There is a three-way tie in the AFC South for first place. A win by the Texans at Jacksonville followed by a loss (or maybe a tie) by the Tennessee Titans (TEN vs. LAC this week) could help the Texans go into 1st Place in their division. DeShaun Watson has to be a bit smarter tossing the pigskin and in his scrambles. The 2018 Texans will have to do a lot more to convince me that this team is for real and can make the Playoffs. Even then, the team may get ousted early. I see them as AFC Wild Card at best. There is still a lot of season left, though, so anything can happen.

If you'd like to assess your team(s) and share your thoughts on your favorite teams so far, go ahead and share your own assessments. Otherwise, get ready for the new week to start this Thursday.

[UPDATE] TEN vs. LAC is in London. Changes made.

Last edited:
Week 7 begins proper tonight with the 2-4 Denver Broncos at the 1-5 Arizona Cardinals. Enjoy the game should you be watching tonight.

Hopefully your team(s) win. Hopefully your fantasy team players have a great week. Bring on the Sunday games as well as Monday night.

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

It was 20-7 in Jacksonville as the Houston Texans won their fourth straight game. We led 13-0 at the half. Great that the Texans finally start taking care of business after a brutal start of the 2018 season.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we have a little Thursday Night playdate that also happens to be a GTPlanet inner-forum rivalry. My Texans will host the Miami Dolphins of our GTPlaneteer Omnis. Last time, the Dolphins not only beat the Texans, they beat them BAD. So maybe this is a revenge deal after Miami finally figured out how to beat the Texans. Thursday Night Football in H-Town. Get psyched.

Elsewhere...

...The game in London ended up a 20-19 victory for the Los Angeles Chargers over the Tennessee Titans. With this victory by the Texans followed by a Titans loss, the Houston Texans now lead the AFC South. It was a three-way tie for first place with Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville all tied for 1st in the AFC South.

An omission from last night... I wanted to make note that Vontaze Burfict's bank account was lightened substantially for his hits on the Pittsburgh Steelers. How much? Try about... $112K USD.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

The Panthers scored 21 points in the 4th to somehow pull off a victory against Philly. The old Cardiac Cats nickname still fits.

Giants at Falcons TONIGHT!

Super Bowl LIII will be in Atlanta. While the big game is a long ways away, the NFL team that calls Atlanta home is ready for a Monday Night Throwdown against a fellow NFC foe. The combined record for the New York Giants and the Atlanta Falcons is 3-9, and both are last in their respective divisions. So tonight's match between these two is not anything to be too excited about if you are not a serious fan of either team. The NFC East's New York Giants are 1-5 as they leave from their pad in New Jersey to go down to the Dirty South. The Dirty Birds will surely welcome the Giants to their lovely stadium. Atlanta is 2-4 on the season and last in the NFC South. Just because you're at the bottom doesn't mean you can't come out on top. So who will win? Sixty minutes and four quarters (and some Overtime if needed) will settle the score tonight.

OTHER INFO:
FAVORED: ATL -4
OVER/UNDER: 52.5 pts.

Enjoy tonight's action!

I wish Buffalo used red helmets again.

I have to talk about something since Buffalo isn't playing this week.

Yeah I agree. They should go back to the 90s look. Probably make them play better too.

Or if they used the red color rush jerseys more. Those are pretty sweet.

Time now to move forward with Week 8 of the 2018 NFL season. Allow me to set things up with this schedule post...

BYE WEEK TEAMS WK. 8 : Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles Chargers, and Tennessee

Now this week's interesting matches:

* THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 8: MIA Dolphins at HOU Texans
* PHI Eagles at JAX Jaguars (game played in London, England, UK)
* SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 8: NO Saints at MIN Vikings
* MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 8: NE Patriots at BUF Bills

So this week begins with an inner-forum rivalry between my Houston Texans and Omnis' Miami Dolphins. Game played here in H-Town as the AFC East meets AFC South. Seems like bad to worse for the Bills with the Patriots coming to western New York state, especially after the Bills could only manage five points in their last game after falling 37-5 at Indianapolis last week.

You folks enjoy the new week of NFL football! Good luck to all of your teams.

I'll give you a pack of gum and a bucket of balls for Eli.
Sold. Gotta shed that salary son.

Oh wait. We just received an offer from Sacksonville which includes an unopened jock strap and three Bon Jovi tickets for a TBD show. Sounds like you'll need to up the ante if you really are serious. I mean the guy won two Super Bowl MVPs...

Back