2018 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

It was Alexander Rossi who took pole at Mio-Ohio with a time of 1:04.6802. A cool story for tomorrow's race is that Scott Dixon is among rare company- he will be the ninth driver in IndyCar history to start 300 or more races. Ohioans of GTPlanet... get ready for IndyCar to rock your home state at Mid-Ohio tomorrow!

(OFF-TOPIC) It used to be that there was Mid-Ohio as well as Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland. This was kind of the 1-2 punch of racing action in Ohio. We got Portland and Gateway making returns. Why not Burke Lakefront Airport also?

The Mid-Ohio race is on right now as of this post! Remember this race is on CNBC. So check in there if you have that channel.

Rossi was the only one on a two-stop strategy, it paid out really well. Nice race, there was action all the time, green throughout the whole race.

He just stalled on the cooldown lap trying to do donuts. :lol:

Lmao at Rossi’s stall on the donuts.

Also he has a knack for winning historic races. Indy 500, Watkins Glen, Long Beach, Mid Ohio....

My brother and I were at Mid-Ohio (a fantastic track to spectate at) this weekend. Alexander Rossi had a great strategy and thus was able to cruise to victory on a two stops. There's even talk of making the race 5 laps longer. Most impressive, however, was Sebastien Bourdais going from dead last to 6th place. He charged hard the whole race.

IMG_20180729_220344_893.jpg

Caught a replay of this rcae last night. Great drive and two-stop strategy call from and Rossi and his crew. Championship is looking really interesting now, with only four(?) races left. Hell of a drive from Bourdais as well.

If not for Rossi's strategy, I think Wickens would have won, though it would have been a good battle between them. Will Wickens get a win before the end of the season? He's been very impressive all year.

Alonso set for IndyCar road course test
By: Marshall Pruett

Fernando Alonso is expected to test a Honda-powered Andretti Autosport Dallara DW12 early next month to gauge his interest in the 2018 IndyCar package on a road course.

RACER has learned via multiple sources that a number of road course test dates have been held for Alonso this year, and despite going unused, an outing in the days following the September 2 Portland Grand Prix is likely to go forward with the two-time Formula 1 world champion.

Barber Motorsports Park has been suggested as the venue for Alonso’s outing, which would conform to recent guidelines IndyCar has established for Alonso to test somewhere other than the remaining tracks left on the championship calendar in an effort to prevent any data he might provide from being used to the team’s benefit as Andretti’s Alexander Rossi vies for the title.

Alonso’s first introduction to the Verizon IndyCar Series came in 2017 at the Leeds, Alabama circuit, when he took part in a press conference and spoke with NBCSN’s Townsend Bell ahead of his Indy 500 debut with the Andretti-McLaren-Honda team.

The Spaniard was instantly competitive in the No. 29 Honda at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and with this week’s news of his upcoming retirement from Formula 1, sampling an IndyCar for the first time on a road course with the new-for-2018 low-downforce universal aero kit would appear to be the final step in determining whether IndyCar will become his new home.

As RACER has written more than once since the Mid-Ohio IndyCar round, Andretti Autosport and Harding Racing have been exploring a union that would allow Andretti to expand its four-car program to accommodate everything from an ‘Andretti Junior Team’ to field up-and-coming drivers, to housing an Andretti-McLaren effort in a dedicated facility of its own.

Mounting rumors this week have positioned the Wink Hartman-owned Harding Racing shop that stands within view of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as becoming the Andretti-McLaren base of operations in North America.

Another key factor that continues to surface is the unlikely scenario of an Andretti-McLaren effort being powered by Honda. Despite the upcoming test for Alonso in an Andretti-Honda DW12, using Chevrolet power on a full-time basis, from a separate shop, is said to be the workaround that would allow Andretti Autosport to maintain peace with Honda while starting a new venture with McLaren and Chevy.
Welcome back to our IndyCar Series, Fred! :gtpflag:

How spineless can a team owner possibly be to let this cancer back again?

Well, I always say that a person should get a chance to redeem themselves before being cast into oblivion by the keyboard warriors out there, but I don't know... I mean, both of Racer.com's Indycar scribes think Ferrucci should get another shot, but I kind of want him to just sort of shrivel up and crawl into an IMSA hole and never surface again.

I think David land put it well. Yes I think nobody wants to see Ferrucci back in a proper race car anytime soon, but at least he’s not taking a seat from Fittipaldi or Bourdais. He’s another car on the grid which is always a good thing. Hopefully he repeats his performance in Detroit and Dale realises he isn’t worth it but at the end of the day, we now have another car for the final two rounds.

I don't know how competitive IMSA is, nor do I care enough about it to really watch it, but Ferrucci crawling into a retail job hole would be a greatly preferred scenario for humanity as a whole.

Also, I'd rather have one car less in the field if it means he's not there, TBH.

Well, I always say that a person should get a chance to redeem themselves before being cast into oblivion by the keyboard warriors out there, but I don't know... I mean, both of Racer.com's Indycar scribes think Ferrucci should get another shot, but I kind of want him to just sort of shrivel up and crawl into an IMSA hole and never surface again.
No please don't send him there either, IMSA is really competitive right now. Pretty much any car in any class can take a win right now, please send him away from racing altogether if possible. If he must stay put him in US F4 because it's well out of any real sight.

I think David land put it well. Yes I think nobody wants to see Ferrucci back in a proper race car anytime soon, but at least he’s not taking a seat from Fittipaldi or Bourdais. He’s another car on the grid which is always a good thing. Hopefully he repeats his performance in Detroit and Dale realises he isn’t worth it but at the end of the day, we now have another car for the final two rounds.
Yeah. That's a good point. Everyone wants more cars on the grid and who knows if somebody else was really an option for a 3rd DCR car.

Ignoring the whole wrecking-his-teammate thing, has he actually accomplished anything warranting an IndyCar ride? From my brief Wikipedia research it seems his “talent” is more suited for Indy Lights at best.

It is another car on the grid though which is a good thing and as long as he’s not Milka Duno bad I can live with him being in the field.

Latest Posts

Back