2018 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

Sounds about right. I saw a couple things at the beginning of this month saying that he was tipped to join but nothing since
There's a lot of drivers on market. Depending on if the Mexico race goes through, I'd tip my hat towards Gutierrez getting a seat in Ganassi.

Eva
There's a lot of drivers on market. Depending on if the Mexico race goes through, I'd tip my hat towards Gutierrez getting a seat in Ganassi.
I think Chip wouldnt take Gutierrez unless the money comes with him to be honest, I just don't see talent in him. But that's me

Thanks for creating a new thread Jake! I don't have as much free time as I did when I created the first Champ Car World Series thread here back in 2006 which became the archived 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series thread. We've all definitely come a long way since then from the darkest years of the split to re-unification to the most competitive racing series in all of motorsport. On to 2018! :gtpflag:

Thanks for creating a new thread Jake! I don't have as much free time as I did when I created the first Champ Car World Series thread here back in 2006 which became the archived 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series thread. We've all definitely come a long way since then from the darkest years of the split to re-unification to the most competitive racing series in all of motorsport. On to 2018! :gtpflag:

I completely forgot it was ChampCar initially. Definitely is time for a new thread and one every year.

Organised the cars into far more structured spoilers rather than the ugly headings. Done the same with teams.

Derp. Double post.

Last edited:
I expect CGR to be a 2 car team. Chip is tired of fielding a team of ride buyers and would rather have 2 aces.
The benefit of that could be more resources pushed to Dixon and TBD instead of stretching the team thin between 4 drivers

I think Chip wouldnt take Gutierrez unless the money comes with him to be honest, I just don't see talent in him. But that's me
The money is why Gutierrez is so appealing.

I still banking on Hartley. Also isn't he and Dixon running the 24 hour together with CGR?
No, he didnt race at Daytona this year. He has drive with ESM though at Sebring and will race with them at Petit.

OK that is wrong, he did race with ESM at the 24.

No, he didnt race at Daytona this year. He has drive with ESM though at Sebring and will race with them at Petit.
Sorry let me specify for next year isn't he?
I knew he didn't this year and is with ESM this year

DKpv5B8W4AArvqk.jpg

Last edited:
Back