2018 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

From the article: "The Glen rescued IndyCar in 2016 after the Boston race was deep sixed, but despite good races, the attendance for the Labor Day shows hasn't been much to cheer about."

I thought the attendance was pretty good this year considering the weather forecast wasn't great, and what did they expect for last year when the race was added last minute, not everyone can drop what they have planned for a holiday weekend to go to a race.

Why would they replace a round rather than just add another Grand Prix?
Because WGI may not be able to stay and the Labor Day date is still a lucrative one.

Road America testing.

DL3VzsAV4AA5Q_f.jpg

DL3VzsBUIAAP-lm.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the Verizon deal will come to an end at the end of next season. Wonder who'd be willing to get onboard.

Based on his performance at COTA this weekend and the fact Toro Rosso is having him back next weekend at Mexico, I'd say the odds of Brendon Hartley going to Ganassi to form "Team New Zealand" are getting longer and longer.

Based on his performance at COTA this weekend and the fact Toro Rosso is having him back next weekend at Mexico, I'd say the odds of Brendon Hartley going to Ganassi to form "Team New Zealand" are getting longer and longer.
They aren't. Hartley himself said this has no affect on potential Indycar next year. Besides, by being in Indycar he has a better shot at a good career and can enter WEC and IMSA races. Toro Rosso just got sick of Kyvat and dropped him, leading them to need another driver.

Unfortunately I don't see Toro Rosso favouring Hartley even if he's in for next season. By their standards, he's too old. Even if he has the talent, they'll want a youngster who'll have a lot of time to work their way up to their prime. Hartley, at 27, is approaching his if he hasn't already reached it. If anything, Hartley could use Toro Rosso to seek out other drives. If I were Williams, I might even be looking over to see what he's capable of. He's above Martini's required age and if he can get used to driving single seaters again after 6 odd years, I reckon he could be in with a shot there.

IndyCar fan from Europe since 2012 is probably the reason why Danica Patrick just gives me a response as a shrug. Not really interested in NASCAR and had no association with her.

Back