2018 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

IndyCar fan from Europe since 2012 is probably the reason why Danica Patrick just gives me a response as a shrug. Not really interested in NASCAR and had no association with her.

I always thought Danica was way better in Indy than NASCAR.

Nice to see she's back at least for the Indy 500. I'm curious what kinda ride she'll get, though.

Cutbacks on the teams kinda got me a bit scared for the future of this series, but hey, who knows?

Cutbacks on the teams kinda got me a bit scared for the future of this series, but hey, who knows?
Cutbacks on current teams, yes. But there are new teams coming in with Harding, Juncos in already and Carlin probably coming in the next year/2. Even heard reports of Lazier hoping on a full time driver soon.

Not sure "Welcome" will be a word many will say, but interesting nonetheless. She's gonna need A lot of practice since not only has she spent the last 8 or so years in a tin top (remember, the car is heavy), but a lot has changed since the last time she was in indycar (Mostly, the car itself).

Regardless of your personal opinions of Danica Patrick, you have to admit that her stats on ovals in IndyCars are respectable especially when you compare her stats to other Indy 500 field fillers. Danica Patrick also brings the Indy 500 and the series much more needed attention in America which will improve the chances of other drivers landing sponsorship. As great as Fernando Alonso is, most Americans unfortunately don't know who he is because F1 never took the effort in the past decades to attract us American motorsport fans.

Well, I hope I won't have to mute the commentary on the 500 due to extreme unwarranted hype going on.
Why aren't you already muting ESPN's horrible commentary? :lol:

I really hope NBC takes over coverage of every IndyCar race in 2019 after ESPN's contract is up.

Why aren't you already muting ESPN's horrible commentary? :lol:

I really hope NBC takes over coverage of every IndyCar race in 2019 after ESPN's contract is up.
As much as I'd prefer any kind of coverage over Cheever and his "practice races", I'm too spoiled by TV broadcasts to be able to watch a race with just natural sounds. Someone needs to be talking for my interest to stay up. :dopey:

The only exception is when Princess Sparkle Pony is being uncritically praised. That makes me want to send a heavy object through the screen.

As much as I'd prefer any kind of coverage over Cheever and his "practice races", I'm too spoiled by TV broadcasts to be able to watch a race with just natural sounds. Someone needs to be talking for my interest to stay up. :dopey:

The only exception is when Princess Sparkle Pony is being uncritically praised. That makes me want to send a heavy object through the screen.
So basically, during the Indy 500, keep heavy objects out of the living room. :lol:

Sad to see Daly floundering. Even more sad to see Danica waste a seat in the Indy 500 for more self-promotional nonsense. Really super-duper sad to see Watkins Glen off, though Portland is nice - it's no Watkin's Glen. That seems an incredibly odd choice/decision.

Did Daly leave Coyne on bad terms? I feel like he could really benefit by going back there now that the 19 is opened up again. Their engineering staff is much better and we could get the chance to see Daly in a strong car for really the first time ever. He's great for getting spotlight on the sport and I really hope he finds himself a seat for 2018.

Did Daly leave Coyne on bad terms? I feel like he could really benefit by going back there now that the 19 is opened up again. Their engineering staff is much better and we could get the chance to see Daly in a strong car for really the first time ever. He's great for getting spotlight on the sport and I really hope he finds himself a seat for 2018.
You don't really hear much about the inner workings of teams often. However, Michael Cannon likes him.

You don't really hear much about the inner workings of teams often. However, Michael Cannon likes him.
Sea bass said that he believes whoever joins him next year will be there primarily because of money. So Daly is an outlier right now.

Back