2018 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

Let me just say this again- I LOVE these newer IndyCar machines! The previous style chassis kind of grew on me eventually, but these Indy cars are truly lovely. I did enjoy seeing the Long Beach Grand Prix. Those moves by S. Bourdais was great, even if they didn't count. So now, it's on to Barber Motorsports Park. Or as I call it, the "European-style road course in the Deep South." Barber Motorsports Park has always been one of my favorite courses. I'm sure this race will be quite a cracker coming up this weekend or so.

I know we're a bit early. But RC Enerson in full time in 2019?

One one hand, I doubt it given past history, but on the other hand, if the full time grid grows to the 24-26 magic number, then he very well could weasel himself into a seat. Would rather that not happen though.

Eva
One one hand, I doubt it given past history, but on the other hand, if the full time grid grows to the 24-26 magic number, then he very well could weasel himself into a seat. Would rather that not happen though.
On his pace alone from the races he did, he could be pretty good. On that, I'd love to see what he can do on a full time basis. He could have done well at Mid Ohio before the pitstop problem.

On a money issue, there seems to have been nothing like that at Coyne from what we know.

Very satisfying attendance at Long Beach, 185,000+.

phpThumb.php

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/148761-long-beach-draws-best-crowd-since-cart-era

Bourdais has some skills. First that pass, and then the save to keep from making contact in turn 1 late in the race. He slides one direction, then the other.

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of that little fin that runs down the centerline from in front of the driver to the nose? I assume it's something to do with aero, but what exactly?

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of that little fin that runs down the centerline from in front of the driver to the nose? I assume it's something to do with aero, but what exactly?
To be honest, I don't know. I've seen it. Just never wondered why until now.

I think it has to do with keeping the car on the ground during a high speed spin.

Apparently there is a 100% chance of rain for tomorrow's race. It will be interesting to see how these cars handle the rain since they have been having a hard time in dry conditions all weekend. Hopefully we can go 4/4 on the season for different drivers winning (I'm pulling for Dixon to finally win at Barber).

Apparently there is a 100% chance of rain for tomorrow's race. It will be interesting to see how these cars handle the rain since they have been having a hard time in dry conditions all weekend. Hopefully we can go 4/4 on the season for different drivers winning (I'm pulling for Dixon to finally win at Barber).

It also seems like a lot of the teams are just using all the slicks that they can in qualifying because of it. It's pretty interesting to see how hard they are pushing in qualifying right now, and I'm gonna guess that part of the pushing is because of the rain threat tomorrow.

Ready for IndyCar from beautiful Barber Motorsports Park? While many know Alabama for another race track, the European-style road course in the Deep South will surely provide an engaging racing experience. It will be great to see who will leave Alabama later today with a win.

Good luck to all drivers and teams this weekend.

There's a real stench of NOLA 2015 off this.

I always like how people bring up the fact they would be racing "x" number of years ago, yet forget the cars were slower, had less downforce, were heavier and more ground clearance. It's like saying a Civic should be able to drive through a foot of snow because a pickup can. :lol:

Back