2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019.

1. nissman

nissman

So offseason is suposse to start on Sep 18th, am I the only one finding it odd the schedule hasnt been posted yet?

Edmilson6 likes this.
  2. pantherjag

pantherjag

Yep I thought the schedule would have been released by now. I'm guessing it will be released over the world tour weekend.

I just hope they have gathered the feedback from the official season that the shorter races were not that popular and races are back to the 20 mins+ mark for this exhibition season

Edmilson6 and nissman like this.
  3. SpecMiata-JSW

SpecMiata-JSW Premium

20+ minute races, PLEASE! :cheers:

Also, I really hope we get to race soon and don’t have to wait till November. :nervous:

4. drebin4real

drebin4real

I think also should be an endurance section 30-40 minute races for Daily Races and of course for the fia

5. The359

The359

This was just posted by PD today:

I'm okay with extending the races, but this means the last of the Manufacturers races will be starting at 12:40am on the East Coast and not ending until close to 2am. This doesn't seem very ideal. Finishing at midnight before was just fine.

I understand that West Coast people obviously miss the early races if they work a normal 9-5, but on the weekend they are at an ideal time. Even on weekends, this can be pretty late for some people. This means to me that a lot of people will only be able to run each races twice at best, maybe even just once.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  6. pantherjag

pantherjag

Well looks like the wish of many players has been granted with longer races incoming for FIA. I for one am looking forward to this but those last races are going to be a late finish if you enter.

At least we now have confirmation the season starts on wednesday.

Just need a schedule now PD!!

7. schnick

schnick

Longer races good
    Longer breaks bad

IronM@sk, Edmilson6 and Rangeraus like this.
  8. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

New Regional Race Entry Start Times
    [Oceania: AEST]
     ・Nations Cup: 17:00, 19:40, 22:20
     ・Manufacturers Series: 18:20, 21:00, 23:40

Should be good but I don't think the final timeslot is worthwhile if you want decent points.

IronM@sk and Edmilson6 like this.
  9. schnick

schnick

Yeah well not gonna do many since just exhibition, hopefully it changes for the proper season next year otherwise there might be some very late nights

Edmilson6 likes this.
  10. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Premium

Yeah gunna make things tough. There was plenty of time to add another 5ish laps to many races within the current time slots, seems excessive.

IronM@sk and MrCooper like this.
  11. The359

The359

What makes no sense to me is that it claims there will be approximately 5 more minutes of break time between races. Yet they have added 20 minutes to each race, and the races are now staggered 20 minutes further apart. Where is the 5 minutes coming from?

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Was going to switch to BMW for this off-season stuff, maybe even Ford. But decided I'm going to stick with Hyundai because I'm a glutton for punishment. :lol: Whipped up a new livery for the occasion. Work in progress though. Bring on the longer races.

[​IMG]

Jeanr, Pigems, NeSSaYah and 3 others like this.
  13. watto79

watto79

I agree with the sentiment here. I'm glad they are making the races longer but it seems they've gone way overboard with what they've done with the time slots. I kinda hope that participation in the last Manufacturers time slot is so low that they re-jig this again.

Looks like I'll very much be doing a single Manufacturers slot. 18:20 will be a challenge and I just plain don't want to be starting an event at 23:40. I feel very sorry for people in time zones where it's even later.

Looking forward to extended races though :tup:

dlshearon, Benay79 and Rangeraus like this.
  14. Benay79

Benay79

I agree, especially on a Wednesday. I'm not home from work in time for the 6.40 and 11.40 is just far too late with work the following morning. So 9pm it is. :indiff:

15. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

The whole point of the exhibition series is to try out things, so I think we will just have to see how it all plays out. I only tend to do 1 race in each series a night, so I am not against the whole bigger time spread/longer races thing.

Only thing I am holding out for is the tyre wear tweak I have been banging on about all year. All Polyphony needs to do is make all the cars tyre wear closer to each other (gr.3 and gr.4) and you will see better races. Doesn't have to be a massive change, but in Gr.4 tyres on one car (Peugeot) shouldn't last less than a quarter of the laps that you can do in another car (Alfa). Gr.3 isn't as bad, but still the Mercedes has a big advantage over the MR cars (poor Audi).

They will still have all their handling characteristics, but squishing the tyre wear rate together across all cars will make everyones race pace a bit closer.

Sander 001 likes this.
  16. SUPRASTAR0003

SUPRASTAR0003

Longer races may be better but one obvious problem is some people may DNF cos of how lengthy the races are. I can see this being a problem for bottom splits. Quit during the race, then that means your DR suffers.

PD could be trialling this just like they trialled heavy damage, so this change may not be permanent.

17. MortosDer

MortosDer

So last manu race would be at 1:40 AM in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. Think about that for a moment.
    With this schedule I get 2 shots at nations and only one at manu.
    The horrors of working the night shift.

18. LogSwapper

LogSwapper

So with 60 min race duration, 10 of which is qualifying time, 5~10 mins of fluff time, the actual races will be 40~45 mins in length? Seems ok to me, though ~30 would be optimal in my opinion.

Would be nice to see the race calendar though.:boggled:

dlshearon likes this.
  19. watto79

watto79

They do refer to the current race length as being 40 mins, which must refer to the entire event length rather than actual race length. Even then the events were often shorter than 40 mins.

We'll have to wait and see how long these new races really are. I'm hoping for around double the length, so 30mins as you suggest.

EDIT New schedules are up. Manufacturers kicks off with Gr.3 for 15 laps of the Red Bull Ring............ in the rain :eek:

NeSSaYah, Loverson and dlshearon like this.
  20. hrusa2

hrusa2

The schedules are up :-)

upload_2019-9-16_13-0-45.png

upload_2019-9-16_13-1-12.png

21. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

The 2 blank rounds on the site
    Nations round 7
    [​IMG]

Manufacturers round 6
    [​IMG]

No Spa

22. Landy1264

Landy1264

Manu Exhibition 19/20 S1-R5
    -Lago Maggiore- Center II (Reverse)
    Gr,3 30 Laps

Last man standing!

Dezcom, bduddy, Loverson and 5 others like this.
  23. Lazybike

Lazybike

Wow they really are shaking things up...fair play!

24. pantherjag

pantherjag

New schedule and longer races look brilliant!!!

Seems they have almost standardised the setting as well with fuel x 3/4 and tyrewear x 9/10/11 for most rounds.

Can see most races being 2 stoppers now but all sorts of strategy are possible now!!!

ProjectF, Pigems, NeSSaYah and 2 others like this.
  25. watto79

watto79

Yeah agreed with everything apart from the new schedule. With the longer races I guess high multipliers aren't as necessary, so now we have something much more sensible where a pit strategy is not just viable but required. Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Just need to decide on a manufacturer now!

The shortlist is:

Aston Martin
    Jaguar
    Honda
    Hyundai
    Ferrari (says my heart, not my head).

Might sign for Ferrari as it's a short season and will probably get it out of my system :)

Pigems, Sander 001 and O_Maverick_O like this.
  26. MPincombe

MPincombe

Group X at Suzuka will be F1, it’s the same weekend as the Japanese GP

NosOsH and NeSSaYah like this.
  27. GhostCaliber

GhostCaliber (Banned)

Hold up, does that say 18/09? I thought it wasn't until Nov.18th? sweet

Some weird times now because the races are longer (which i love)

Nations for me starts at 23:00, then 25:40, then 28:20.

It used to be that Nations would start at 23:00, then 25:00, then 27:00 so it looks like this season will be a nightmare for my sleep

KepleroGT and O_Maverick_O like this.
  28. Ramzacom

Ramzacom

No spa, no rainy tokyo ? shoud we worry ?

29. The359

The359

It's only a test season, new tracks don't *have* to be included in the current FIA season.

30. GhostCaliber

GhostCaliber (Banned)

A test season? so results don'tmatter or unlock S rank if you finished high enough?

Doesn't matter i suppose, I just love the FIA format.