2019/20 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,313 comments

European Super League: Will it happen one day?

• Yes and I want it to happen

• Yes but I don't want it to happen

• Undecided

• No but I want it to happen

• No and I don't want it to happen

• I don't care about an ESL

• Other opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KILMARNOCK 0-2 CONNAH'S QUAY NOMADS (2-3 AGGREGATE SCORE)

Europa qualifiers. Unbelievable result yesterday. A Welsh Premier side has knocked out the team that finished 3rd in the Scottish Premier.

Lost the first leg, the home leg, 1-2.
Two away goals and the aggregate advantage for Kilmarnock.
A 2-0 win was essentially the only possible out for the Nomads.

AND THEY DID IT

Kilmarnock's first European adventure in 18 years didn't get very far...

D_ymZUsXkAE2Wsx

Next stop: Partizan Belgrade for the mighty Nomads. :D

KILMARNOCK 0-2 CONNAH'S QUAY NOMADS (2-3 AGGREGATE SCORE)

Europa qualifiers. Unbelievable result yesterday. A Welsh Premier side has knocked out the team that finished 3rd in the Scottish Premier.

Lost the first leg, the home leg, 1-2.
Two away goals and the aggregate advantage for Kilmarnock.
A 2-0 win was essentially the only possible out for the Nomads.

AND THEY DID IT

Kilmarnock's first European adventure in 18 years didn't get very far...

D_ymZUsXkAE2Wsx

Next stop: Partizan Belgrade for the mighty Nomads. :D
Knew this was coming lol, big result though does the team even have any Professionals?

Knew this was coming lol, big result though does the team even have any Professionals?

Some, yes, but mostly semi-professionals as far as I know. It's a great testament to the increase in the standard of the Welsh league over the last five years; there's still the air of "Sunday league" and "pub footballers" about it with the huge disparity with the English leagues but this demonstrates that there are good and increasingly competitive teams in the Welsh Premier League.

or it's a publicity stunt (they did play a friendly in it)
It was that.

The original shirt is "part of a campaign" by Paddy Power of "unsponsoring", for a return to "unbranded" shirts "to return the shirt to the fans". Whatever any of that means.

However the FA's shirt sponsorship rules still apply in friendlies, so Huddersfield Town is still in trouble for it.

I do love an unsponsored shirt, to be fair. They look so much better.

The dot matrix effect makes it look different, at least! I'd honestly be tempted to buy the Huddersfield top; plain, no messing blue and white stripes.

Also, @mustafur, 6 of Nomads' starting XI are in work today, having got back to Wales at around 5am.

I don't see PSG and its owner letting Neymar go easily. Wouldn't be surprised if they put him alone for one season just to make him realize contracts and investments, especially contracts like his, mean something. He signed until 2022, after a transfer of €220+ million, with a €47M bet salary and is always involved in controversies, problems and demands.

I honestly don't know how anyone can give a crap about him. He's not that good. I mean, Brazil just won Copa days Americas without him and the kid who played in his position was one of the best in the tournament.

Shocking challenge by Gnagnon on the Liverpool youngster, he did apologise after though.

Cristiano Ronaldo wont face prosecution over the rape claims, the case is still open though.

This whole Bale thing is interesting, I felt what Zidane said about him leaving was a bit disrespectful to him and what he has achieved at Real, Bale wants a big move to a club who can match his wages at Real, which at £550 a week very few clubs in the world can match, he still has three years on his current deal and his family are settled in Madrid.

what he has achieved at Real,

Apart from 2 goals in the CL finals, it wasn't very much. He never quite was part of the team, and that really shows. He should have been part of the starting 11 every game, but at Real with Ronaldo he just didn't fit in the team. I hope he gets his redemption at some other top team, because like Overmars once, I love to see him do the 60 meter dash in 5 seconds. With the ball.

video unavailable in your location

So, the Dutch media finally caved for the region locked nonsense that ruins the Internet. **** em.

Bale is dreaming if he thinks he can get those wages from any other club, I doubt he will leave he is happy to ruin his Career for a pay check at this point as he is on Monster Coin.

Zidane has now accused Bale of refusing to play in the friendly against Bayern Munich at the weekend.

Newcastle close to signing Joelinton from Hoffenheim for club record £40 million, seems like a lot for a striker who hasn't gone above eight league goals in the Bundesliga.

Arsenal have signed Dani Ceballos on seasons loan from Real Madrid and William Saliba from St Etienne.

Gareth Bale reportedly going to China to sign for Jiangsu Suning for £1 million-a-week, I find it really sad and disappointing that he is selling out.

Romelu Lukaku has been a target of Inter Milan all summer with United rejecting bids from then and now all of a sudden Juventus are interested in him and could use Paulo Dybala as part of a deal, I like this idea!

and now all of a sudden Juventus are interested in him and could use Paulo Dybala as part of a deal, I like this idea!

This makes no sense for Juve though.

In other news, RM lost for Atlético 3-7 today :D

Lol waking up to Atleti absolutely trashing Real, that's a funny result. Costa with 4 goals and a red card to top things of.

popcorn.gif

Last edited:
Arsenal have a greed a fee of £72 million for Nicolas Pepe of Lille, This really has come out of nowhere as Arsenal's transfer budget was allegedly only £50 million this Summer and they have been trying to sign similar player Wilfried Zaha from Palace, Liverpool have been heavily linked with Pepe for a while now, United have been linked too but they're interest hasn't been a strong as Liverpool's.

So Arsenal spend a massive amount of money on a player for a position that isn't the problem. What the he'll?
Their leaky defense is shambolic and they need to fix that. Liverpool realised it was an issue last season and went all out to fix it - and it worked. Why aren't Arsenal doing the same?

Arsenal have a greed a fee of £72 million for Nicolas Pepe of Lille, This really has come out of nowhere as Arsenal's transfer budget was allegedly only £50 million this Summer and they have been trying to sign similar player Wilfried Zaha from Palace, Liverpool have been heavily linked with Pepe for a while now, United have been linked too but they're interest hasn't been a strong as Liverpool's.
So Arsenal spend a massive amount of money on a player for a position that isn't the problem. What the he'll?
Their leaky defense is shambolic and they need to fix that. Liverpool realised it was an issue last season and went all out to fix it - and it worked. Why aren't Arsenal doing the same?
Perhaps they didn't want to miss out on a rare Pepe.

Patrick Cutrone is on the verge of leaving AC Milan for the Premier League. Wolves have reportedly offered €20m for the Italian striker who has spent his entire career with the Rossoneri. He looks to be a casualty of the coaching and formation change at the club which is a shame because he carries an important Club Trained status toward the 25 man Serie A roster.

I'll be sad to see him go but wish him the best in England. Pepe's teammate at Lille, Rafael Leao, is rumored to be joining Milan in Cutrone's place.

Real Madrid have cancelled Bale's move to Jiangsu Suning, looks like Perez has over-ruled Zidane, its now unlikely he will move to China as their transfer window closes on Wednesday.

Bruno Fernandes was spotted in tears at the end of what supposedly is his last appearance for Sporting Lisbon and Harry Maguire missed Leicester training after pulling a sickie.

I guess being linked with Man United has that affect on people. :lol:

Bruno Fernandes was spotted in tears at the end of what supposedly is his last appearance for Sporting Lisbon and Harry Maguire missed Leicester training after pulling a sickie.

I guess being linked with Man United has that affect on people. :lol:

The Harry Maquire to Man U wasn't a done deal?

Unfortunately not, Hopefully the deals for both will be done soon as we need them, the club haven't signed anyone since Wan-Bissaka a month ago, there is only nine day left of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back