2019/20 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,313 comments

European Super League: Will it happen one day?

• Yes and I want it to happen

• Yes but I don't want it to happen

• Undecided

• No but I want it to happen

• No and I don't want it to happen

• I don't care about an ESL

• Other opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Arsenal paying nowhere close to that kind ot money. Not sure he is worth that much either.
Anyway if he wanted that move, then he should not have scored at the end of the season against them - they would have qualified for CL and be able to afford him.

PSG wants 300 million for Sir Cries-a-lot.
I can't see anyone paying that for him. It will be a season of grumpiness for the little dillhole.

vVkoPPU.gif

PSG has lowered the price. They now want 130-150 million plus a couple of players.

They really want to get rid of him.

Mbappe doesn't want to break open his contract, and seems to be steering towards a move too.

Chelsea have permanently signed Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid for £40.3 million. Because he was on loan last season, his registration lasted with the club until June 30th so they were able to get around the two window transfer ban.

Rafa Benitez has accepted the manager role of Chinese club Dalian Yifang. His reported salary will be £12m which is double what he earned at Newcastle.

Theo Hernandez has passed a medical with AC Milan ahead of a proposed €20m transfer from Real Madrid. Some reports claim there is a loan with obligation to buy as part of the deal.

Last edited:
Tottenham have actually signed some players!

First they signed Jack Clarke from Leeds for £8.5 million, the 18-year old midfielder will be sent back to Leeds on loan for next season, and it is reported that they have broken their own transfer record to sign Ndombele from Lyon for £65 million on a five-year deal.

Marco Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request at West Ham.

Unlucky for England tonight against the US - I thought they were the better side.

Once again, VAR made a crucial difference - but arguably both VAR calls were correct.

England's second goal was just offside, but the penalty was also the right decision - however it was a great pity that they missed the penalty. I wondered why the defender wasn't sent off for denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity, but it did look unintentional.

So, a missed penalty and a goal ruled out - a harsh way to go out, but there's no disgrace in losing to the World's #1 team.

They have had a brilliant tournament and should all be very proud of themselves.

Unfortunately tonight they were poor. Can't remember that last time I watched a game were a team gave the ball away quite so often. Thought Bronze had a shocker. Can't fault Houghton for the penalty miss. Huge guts to step up to the plate but she shouldn't have been put in that position. Surely one of the more attacking players should have taken it.

Pretty disappointed by the US 'antics' as well.

That was an entertaining match, where the first half quality was slightly better. Blazing start from USA, as always, and good management of the time at the end of the match, as seen against France.
How goes the TV audience in England for that WC?
French audiences have been excellent so far. The eighth and quarter finals (France-Brazil and France-USA) gathered more than 12 millions viewers, as much as the men's quarter finals last year (France-Argentina, maybe because it was at 4pm instead of 9pm, but still).

Mostoles Balompie have celebrated winning promotion to the third tier of Spanish football by rebranding the club to Flat Earth FC. :boggled:

11.7 million watched the England Women in the semi final last night, making it the most watched programme in the UK this year so far, the record viewership for a Women's Football match has been broken five times during the tournament.

32f32593_FullSizeRender.jpg.jpg

The Swedes have a replacement forward.

edit.

Didn't help though. Oranje to the final. It still is terrible football to watch.

Joao Felix had joined Atletico Madrid from Benfica for £113 million, his release clause at Benfica was 126 million Euros, he will wear the number 7 shirt formerly of Antione Griezmann...who's still at the club.

Man City have bought Angelino back from PSV just a year after he left, City activated a buy-back clause for £5.3 million, he is a left back who is needed after City's problems there in the last two years.

City have also activated the release clause in Atletico's Rodri contract of £62.5 million.

Frank Lampard has arrived back at Stamford Bridge ahead of talks to become their new manager.

Frank Lampard appointed new Chelsea manager on a three-year deal, Jody Morris will be his assistant. And now we have seen the day where an Englishman gets a managerial job at a top six club.

Arjen Robben has retired from Football at the age of 35.

Ander Herrera has joined PSG on a free transfer, mixed feelings about this news.

Alvaro Morata has moved from Chelsea to Atletico Madrid in a deal worth £50 million.

Its another loan move to Atletico for next season ahead of a permanent move for 60 million Euros.

Congratulations to the USA Women's team, they have won another World Cup beating Netherlands 2-0 in the final.

Brazil have won the Copa America beating Peru 3-1 in the final, Gabriel Jesus had an eventful game with a goal an assist and a red card for two Yellows.
Everton and Richarlison with Brazil's other goals whilst Paulo Guerrero got Peru's goal.

Daniel Alves won player of the tournament and he has now won 40 trophies in his career, the first player ever to do so, FORTY TROPHIES!!

USA were downed by Mexico 0-1 in the Gold Cup final. Not much of a fight from the men after watching the women take care of business.

Brazil have won the Copa America beating Peru 3-1 in the final, Gabriel Jesus had an eventful game with a goal an assist and a red card for two Yellows.
Everton and Richarlison with Brazil's other goals whilst Paulo Guerrero got Peru's goal.

Daniel Alves won player of the tournament and he has now won 40 trophies in his career, the first player ever to do so, FORTY TROPHIES!!
Best RB in the history of football.

Leicester have signed Youri Tielemans on a permanent deal from Monaco for £40 million, I was impressed with him when I saw him last season and I feel Man United should have made an attempt to sign him.

PSG have confirmed that Neymar did not turn up for the first day of pre-season training as scheduled and he has gone AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back