2019-2020 NBA Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 237 comments
Hey, no worries. Was only informing about it. :lol:

Moving on, wow. I must say, this is so controversial and unbelievable, I mean these protesters. :ill::rolleyes:
i don't see it as particularly unbelievable. LeBron these days is a businessman first and player second. After his comments it wouldn't surprise me to learn he has business interests involving the NBA in China or the Chinese government.

This is pretty damn far from the stupidest reason a jersey ever got burned. It's even pretty far from the stupidest reason LeBron jerseys ever got burned.

I'm a fan of James and all his endeavours but for a guy who has done so much for the underprivileged in his home country, coming out essentially on the side of the CCP on this looks really shady and kinda dumb.

i don't see it as particularly unbelievable. LeBron these days is a businessman first and player second. After his comments it wouldn't surprise me to learn he has business interests involving the NBA in China or the Chinese government.

This is pretty damn far from the stupidest reason a jersey ever got burned. It's even pretty far from the stupidest reason LeBron jerseys ever got burned.

I'm a fan of James and all his endeavours but for a guy who has done so much for the underprivileged in his home country, coming out essentially on the side of the CCP on this looks really shady and kinda dumb.
I know. But still, why did they really need to burn his jersey like that though. :lol:

Last edited:
I know. But still, why did they really need to burn his jersey like that though. :lol:
At this point it's a pretty standard response for when people don't like things a player does... I suppose as long as they bought the jersey they can do what they want with it and Nike/LeBron win anyway :P

At this point it's a pretty standard response for when people don't like things a player does... I suppose as long as they bought the jersey they can do what they want with it and Nike/LeBron win anyway :P
That's sad rofl. :lol:

Luol Deng signs with his first and former team Bulls, only to retire finally after 15 seasons in the league at age 34.

I'll definitely miss those days back in 2011 and 2012 when my fave team was dominant as they were the number one seed during those seasons and when he was also all-star reserve two times.

Unfortunately, the 2011 ECF is the closest they can get through winning a championship. Nevertheless, this feat still remains their best yet for the team in this century.

I just hope Zion Williamson doesn't end up like Greg Oden or anybody, in the sense of a promising player that doesn't get to play much because of constant and persistent injury.

Regular season begins this Tuesday! Get ready!

RECENTLY REPORTED...

That Zion Williamson guy? Yeah... you won't see him for about... 6-8 weeks. That's how long he's out as he's recovering from surgery from his torn meniscus in his right knee.

So I've heard that the Pistons have just waived Joe Johnson, barely a month after signing him into the team that would have been also a well comeback to the league. How sad and unfortunate it must be for him.

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready. The new season of NBA basketball begins TONIGHT! We begin a new quest for the O'Brien Trophy with these two matches to be played tonight:

* NO Pelicans at TOR Raptors <<< TOR = defending champions
* LAL Lakers at LAC Clippers

If you're an NBA fan, it's time to get excited for a new season of play. Enjoy tonight's action if you'll be watching!

So the Lakers were defeated in the season opener earlier by their crosstown rivals, the Clippers, huh? And if I can recall, Paul George didn't even play during the game yet.

The Houston Rockets snagged their first win of the season last night with a 126-123 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. They dropped their first game of the season back on Thursday, falling to the Milwaukee Bucks 117-111 after leading a good bit of the way. The game against the Bucks was nationally-televised on the NBA on TNT. Our last game of this home stand is on Monday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Then after that, our first road game of the season is on this coming Wednesday at the Washington Wizards.

I hope your favorite teams are doing well.

Looks like this season won't be a mere cakewalk for the Warriors without some of its key members from the last season (Klay to injury and KD, Iggy, Boogie & Livingston to other teams or retirement).

Kawhi Leonard and the Clippers just gave them their first tough loss in the Chase Center then now, they've just suffered a huge blowout defeat en route to two straight losses from a rebuilding Thunder. Not good.

The 0-2 start is very radical from the team's starts the last five seasons. It seems like another dynasty is finally over and being laid to rest, to say the least but we shall see next year after this season concludes.

Last night, it was 116-112 in favor of the Houston Rockets over the visiting Oklahoma City Thunder. So it's back-to-back wins for the Rockets to make this a 2-1 home stand. First road game of the 2019-2020 for the Rockets is coming up at the Washington Wizards on Wednesday.

The Houston Astros failed to defeat the Washington Nationals in baseball. However, the Houston Rockets of the NBA beat the Washington Wizards in a game where defense must be overrated. Try the Rockets winning at the Washington Wizards 159-158! The Rockets' 159 points is the most ever points scored in franchise history by the Houston Rockets. The Rockets are currently on a four-game road trip. Their next stop is at the Brooklyn Nets this Friday.

I wish Steph Curry well in his recovery as he suffered a hand injury in the Golden State Warriors' latest game. The Warriors were defeated by the Phoenix Suns in San Francisco.

Happy Halloween! Tonight's NBA lineup:

* MIA Heat at ATL Hawks (NBA on TNT)
* DEN Nuggets at NO Pelicans (NBA on TNT)
* SA Spurs at LAC Clippers

Enjoy Halloween ball!

So far, things have been looking good for the stacked-up Lakers but the big question is, is this only temporary or will they be dominant throughout the season?

Oh, and let's not forget about the Clippers. The Lakers have currently won four straight games after they have given them their first loss in the season.

The 2019 Houston Rockets wrapped up not only their first road trip of the season, but also their first back-to-back of the season. We were miserable on Sunday in Miami, losing 129-100 at the Miami Heat, and we trailed by as many as 40 or 41 points during that game. The Rockets won last night 107-100 at the Memphis Grizzlies to make up for that brutal loss at the Heat. We sit at 4-3 on the season, 3rd in the Southwest Division of the Western Conference behind Dallas and San Antonio (4-2 each).

OFF-TOPIC: Sometimes, I keep thinking someone is saying my name when I hear "Ja Morant." Like someone is going to mispronounce or accidentally say "John Marine," which is my name. If Morant ever becomes an NBA champion, I probably wouldn't mind someone mispronouncing his name to mine in me being an NBA champion. :D

Oh man, it looks like the Bulls are really blowing up leads late in the game. :indiff:

The recent one happened earlier against the Knicks where they led more by more than five points at one moment but then, they just blew that up and lost by more than five points, too and now, it's happening again against the Lakers where they're leading by more than 15 points in the third quarter but now, they're trailing and losing it all over again. How embarrassing. :ouch::grumpy:

So Stephen Curry will be most likely out for the rest of the season with a broken left hand. He joins Thompson and Green in the injured list.

For now though, the Warriors have lost more than five games already in their first ten games and are really struggling without the three lottery players.

Looks like the saga continues...

Downward spiral for the Golden State Warriors, huh? Wow. Meanwhile, my Houston Rockets are back out on the road for games at Chicago and New Orleans. We took care of the Chicago Bulls 117-94. I heard about how the Chicago Bulls blew pretty good leads in recent games. Even if teams are bad, I always feel they can still beat better teams. So I am only SO confident.

The Houston Rockets' next game is at the New Orleans Pelicans on Monday. We come back home to host the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday.

[OMISSION] James Harden of HOU had a double-double in this HOU at CHI game with 42 points and 10 assists.

Eric Gordon of the Houston Rockets will be on the shelf for about six weeks with a knee injury. The Houston Rockets are currently 7-3 and leading the Southwest Division. This begins a four-game stretch which begins a home game against the Los Angeles Clippers followed by Indiana and at Minnesota in a back-to-back. The four-game stretch concludes with a home game against Portland on Monday next week.

Let's see which NBA teams will be playing this Thursday night and against who...

* MIA Heat at CLE Cavaliers
* LAC Clippers at NO Pelicans
* CHI Bulls at MIL Bucks
* DAL Mavericks at NY Knicks (NBA on TNT)
* ATL Hawks at PHX Suns
* BKN Nets at DEN Nuggets (NBA on TNT)

So there you have it. Enjoy this Thursday night of NBA action!

THIS JUST IN...

Remember Carmelo Anthony? Word has it he signed with the Portland Trail Blazers. Things... didn't work out for Melo in Houston. How's Portland going to be any different for him? Anyhow... Melo is BACK! Reportedly...

THIS JUST IN...

Remember Carmelo Anthony? Word has it he signed with the Portland Trail Blazers. Things... didn't work out for Melo in Houston. How's Portland going to be any different for him? Anyhow... Melo is BACK! Reportedly...
Dang! Was just about to make the same update but you beat me to it, buddy! :lol:

Some note though.. Portland is currently lagging behind other teams in the Western Conference and currently has more losses vs. wins but maybe that's only temporary. Who knows after this season is finished next year lol.

Due to concussion protocol, the Houston Rockets will not have the services of Clint Capela any time soon. Capela got knocked to the floor hard against the Clippers in a move that could have easily been considered a Flagrant Foul. However, I don't think anything was called because before the knock down, the ball was knocked out of bounds. The Rockets are in a back-to-back starting tonight against the Indiana Pacers followed by a game at the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday.

I heard that the team currently with the best record is the Boston Celtics at 9-1. It's still early, but who's to say the Celtics could be a title threat come April of next year?

It's only now I've learned that James Harden has been scoring at least 35 points or more in the last six games.

I was expecting Russ to take some significant part in scoring for the team as well but it seems like he has adjusted in allowing The Beard to handle that job, since among the two, he's the veteran for 7 years already in the Rockets club.

However, will he be able to keep the same consistent scoring against the Raptors come this Dec. 5th?

I was wondering because despite Leonard's departure after bringing Toronto their first-ever championship in the league, the team remains to be seen as a force to be reckoned with, defensively.

Recently, they've faced the Trailblazers and won after holding Lillard to a paltry 9-points throughout the game, something that's very distant compared to his 60-point performance en route to outscoring his entire team in a game lost to the Nets.

And Leonard, who's currently undergoing some load management with the Clippers, have barely won a game after being visited by the same team he was in during the last Finals. However, the Raptors only held him to a 12-point performance that time, also different from the 20+ point performances in the last three games he played prior to that.

Then with the Lakers' second defeat so far this season, it was mainly because We The North were able to subdue LeBron James as well, not allowing him to score more than 13 points throughout the game and their 7-game winning streak was finally laid to rest.

In the end, the main point here is that the way they shut down prolific scorers of opposing teams can be effective in granting them victories. If they can keep on improving this as the season goes by, who knows what their playoff finish could be next year? They might have a chance to land in the Finals again and bring home the bacon for the second consecutive time.

But now, there seems to be a big obstacle along the way; the Boston Celtics, with three different players scoring more than 20 points each and are currently on a 10-game winning streak.

Well, for now, only heaven knows what may happen in the next few days and this season's conclusion next year.

Latest Posts

Back