2019 Bathurst 12Hr DiscussionTouring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 218 comments
I don't know... I saw sports cars and they're definitely not touring cars.

I don't think the M6, GT-R and Bentleys are sports cars per se, but the MARC Fociis definitely fall under the touring car description.

I don’t think it was a “punk ass move from a second rate driver,” I think it was a driver going for a gap that was there, and then started to close. If anything, race control kind of bobbled the situation by not forcing an immediate redress, but once they let a few laps go buy and Campbell took off, they kind of lost there shot to make a call.

It’s like in any other sport, the referee has a certain time window to make a call, and if play goes on without a call being made, then it is what it is.

Why even have a damn motor race if you're just going to let drivers win by illegal means. Just when I was ready to forgive Supercars for 2017 they once again bend the rules so that their preferred winner can win. What a disgrace to motorsport.

Last edited:
Watched less than an hour of the race combined, but...

Congrats to the Porsche for their first win at Bathurst. HUGE props to Jake Dennis and the Aston for putting on such a stellar show during the race. Would’ve loved to see the old Aston pull off a win there for the first time, but there was no way Dennis could’ve defended the position for the remaining few laps on such old rubber. Besides, this, as well as last year’s Nurburgring 24 Hours, is more than enough to prove that the Aston has still got the grunt.

Good to see that Marciello managed to defend 3rd from SVG as well. Not really a huge fan of the Vodafone livery (or SVG for that matter).

Here’s to hoping that the new Vantage performs just as well, if not even better, as its predecessor for the years to come. 👍

Good! Porsche finally win it.

Now, for next year, NISMO need to make a return, NSX Evo needs to debut and bring on that new Vantage & 720!

Next year could be absolutely incredible with the array of new cars that will be available. The new Porsche GT3R, new Vantage GT3, new 720S. It would be mega to see an NSX or even an RCF but I don’t want to let my hopes get to ahead of myself.

Hopefully Manthey and WRT come back next year, a couple of world class teams that were missed this year.

I didn't know they added a bumper car class to the race this year.

Fun race, for me, spoiled by a missed call. Strongly disagree with the no - call. Perhaps more so that race control didn't act immediately on it. (Why wait until after the race to look at that?)

I would've like to see the Aston win, but let's blow up a KTM so we can catch the field back up and give Porsche a chance to win.
Just saying, Porsche had no chance, if not for the caution.
They need a better safety exit on Connors straight.

Would cranes like the Monaco GP be better? I think the whole issue was that marshalls had to be out to push the car back and that's why the caution was needed. Safety for the marshalls. Remove the marshalls and....

Would cranes like the Monaco GP be better? I think the whole issue was that marshalls had to be out to push the car back and that's why the caution was needed. Safety for the marshalls. Remove the marshalls and....
They still would have been needed to hook the car to the crane. It's not an arcade machine where the crane grabs the stuffed animal and drags it off on it's own.

Edit: Not to mention that a grand total of ZERO cars in the race are equipped to be taken off track with a crane

Why even have a damn motor race if you're just going to let drivers win by illegal means. Just when I was ready to forgive Supercars for 2017 they once again bend the rules so that their preferred winner can win. What a disgrace to motorsport.
I didn't know they added a bumper car class to the race this year.

Fun race, for me, spoiled by a missed call. Strongly disagree with the no - call. Perhaps more so that race control didn't act immediately on it. (Why wait until after the race to look at that?)
The fact that Chaz Mostert himself said he didn't want Campbell to be penalized should be enough. Crying over nothing.

Guess that's one way to round off the run over the mountain. Couldn't watch live but just finished watching the last 4 hours. What a finish! 👍

Pretty marginal between Campbell and Mostert at the Chase. Matt was aggressive, but he couldn't simply disappear at the drop of a hat when Chaz turned.

Congrats to Porsche and EBM for their first win at Bathurst.

The fact that Chaz Mostert himself said he didn't want Campbell to be penalized should be enough. Crying over nothing.

That doesn't make it a good or smart move. Campbell was no where near close enough to make that. The replay also shows the Porsche dropped its right wheels on corner exit, so I'm not totally sure he would have made the corner without help from the BMW.

That doesn't make it a good or smart move. Campbell was no where near close enough to make that. The replay also shows the Porsche dropped its right wheels on corner exit, so I'm not totally sure he would have made the corner without help from the BMW.
Because a car that gets bounced off the curb on the apex typically holds its line through exit at The Chase...

Because a car that gets bounced off the curb on the apex typically holds its line through exit at The Chase...

...Yeah, that probably helped. Fair point.

They still would have been needed to hook the car to the crane. It's not an arcade machine where the crane grabs the stuffed animal and drags it off on it's own.

Edit: Not to mention that a grand total of ZERO cars in the race are equipped to be taken off track with a crane

That's just because you're looking at it wrong. Magnets. Giant magnets on the end of a crane. Problem solved :D (Ignore the fact the cars are mostly carbon fiber now.)

Last edited:
Just use one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

That's just because you're looking at it wrong. Magnets. Giant magnets on the end of a crane. Problem solved :D (Ignore the fact the cars are mostly carbon fiber now.)

We know since a famous Apple iPad reveal that magnets are magical and solve everything :)

Back