2019 Bathurst 12Hr DiscussionTouring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 218 comments
That's messed up the world has to deal with 7. Worse handshake ever.

3 more years of the B12H sponsored by Liqui Moly. They probably don't have a say in media packages, but jeez, they've got to at least read how viewers feel. His is ridiculous.

For those that never watched V8 Supercars, this is what every race was like before the Fox Sports deal.

Only thing I don't like about long races like this is wondering if the car that is 25 seconds ahead in the lead is actually in contention to win..

How much driving time does Matty Campbell have left? Not sure that Olsen has the outright pace to get this done, vs someone like Mostert. Or even SVG. (Despite they struggles, I'm not writing the #888 off.)

Going off the live timing on the official website, with just under 2 hours left to go, the order of the cars remaining on the lead lap is:

Porsche
Aston Martin
Mercedes Benz
Bentley
BMW
Nissan
Mercedes

I think Campbell still has lots of time left. I think the drivers for the final run will be

Campbell
Dennis
Marciello
Soulet
Mostert
Jarvis
SVG

Game on :)

Last edited:
I think Campbell still has lots of time left. I think the drivers for the final run will be

Yeah, Chad mentioned that Olsen only has 70 minutes of driving time left, so Campbell has to hop back in. Shaping up to be a very interesting finish.

Edit: Oh yes, lets cut to another puff piece. Who wants to watch the race anyway?

Last edited:
Porsche pits with 75 minutes remaining. I'd say that's 36-38 laps without a SC. It would be close.

(Yes. I edited it. I was a derp.)

Last edited:
It’s crazy how little SC periods there have been compared to last year. The much lower entry numbers must’ve contributed to that.

Hopefully this year isn’t spoiled by a late accident like last year.

Think the #912 might have thrown this away by taking tyres. They are long way behind the Aston now.

Bentley have no luck at Bathurst. Heart breaking.

Last edited:
Amazing finish coming up. BMW want to finish, Porsche want to win, T8 want to come back from earlier woes. Can AM get that fairytale send off for the what, 8yp chassis/design?

Everyone should pit for tyres. You can't leave those old shoes on for this race. It's going to be frantic.

Giz has new boots. He'll get Chaz. Might put pressure on Campbell. This is going to be crazy!

Back