2019 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 437 comments
Vettel needs to see a sports psychologist or something. I predicted this spin last week on another forum so I was not surprised to see it happen it all.
Vettel needs to see a spin doctor...

getmecoat.gif

OK, that's it - I'm banning myself.

On a more serious note, I fear that the number (and nature) of incidents and mishaps Vettel, esp. recently, does point toward something being wrong - Vettel is almost going through the reverse process of driver 'maturation' - in the past, it was not uncommon for less experienced drivers to push too hard, to be too aggressive more often than they should be, and hence they would make more 'rookie' mistakes from which they would (hopefully) learn... but Vettel appears to be almost doing the opposite now.

Vettel and Ferrari are deep in the road to divorce.
My prediction is Seb returning to Red Bull to re set his career in a house he was very happy as Verstappen joins Leclerc at Ferrari.

I have a strong sense that Vettel and Binotto were in a serious conversation after the race. They both arrived late to the team photo, together and both looking like bad news had been shared. It looked a lot like the moment Vettel had just informed Binotto that he was moving to Red Bull. That and the fact that I have seen Helmut Marko talking about Vettel not being a part of the Red Bull picture. In the same way that he said Gasly would not be replaced mid-season.

I just don’t see Vettel at Red Bull. We all know that they function on a single Golden Boy rule and that is currently Max. Vettel will not drive for a team unless he’s given preferential treatment and neither will Max. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Then again, Red Bull has never been known for its strong driver management

I just don’t see Vettel at Red Bull. We all know that they function on a single Golden Boy rule and that is currently Max. Vettel will not drive for a team unless he’s given preferential treatment and neither will Max. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Then again, Red Bull has never been known for its strong driver management
Thats why I said, Vettel moves to Red Bull with Alex Alvon and Verstappen joins Leclerc at Ferrari.

Verstappen, in some form or another, has probably wanted an out from Red Bull for a few years now. Almost in the same way Ricciardo did. Both kept dealing with unreliability, be in mechanical or in the form of team/pitstop error.

Plus, Vettel is on a similar path to what Raikkonen was on, so honestly all this team swapping sounds plausible. The difference between Vettel and Raikkonen, besides age and overall drive/motivation, would be overall ability. So Vettel still has good value to him. Although I could almost imagine him going to Mercedes, IF Bottas exited for one reason or another. Red Bull strongly prefers younger drivers, while Mercedes does not. The talk around Ocon seems iffy. I think he will go the way of Wehrlein. Remember him? I hardly do. Apparently he is a Ferrari Development driver now.

Unless we see some talent pulled from F2 again, I imagine in the next 1-2 seasons there will be some driver swaps among Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull.

According to Nico "Jacques Villeneuve" Rosberg in one of his vlogs, Ferrari has had to compensate for the lack of front downforce and understeer of this year's car with a more oversteery suspension setup and high rake. Which we all know Vettel doesn't like and is the complete opposite to his WDC years at Red Bull with superior rear end grip. Coupled with the championship pressure and Leclerc being faster, plus low downforce setup at Monza and running in dirty air it just compounds the problem and the spin is the result. Yes he's a 4x WDC and he should be able to adapt, but when a car just doesn't suit your driving style it's tough to fight for that last 1% at the sharp end of the grid. And Vettel would surely not settle for "drive slower and just finish 4th" because for him it's 5th WDC or nothing at this point.

Somehow I get the feeling Red Bull designed their cars around Vettel, and Mercedes does the same thing with Hamilton, so Ferrari apparently doing the complete opposite was their first mistake.

Somehow I get the feeling Red Bull designed their cars around Vettel, and Mercedes does the same thing with Hamilton, so Ferrari apparently doing the complete opposite was their first mistake.

The change in rear diffuser rules would probably hurt Vettel wherever he was - his style seemed to particularly suit the counter-intuitive idea of planting your right foot harder to get more rear grip. I'm not saying Ferrari have done a perfect job because, even by their own admission, they haven't... but the Red Bull still isn't as fast as the Ferrari a lot of the time. I don't imagine Verstappen is any slower than Vettel would be in the Red Bull right now.

Back