2019 Formula 1 Grand Prix de MonacoFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 289 comments
Wipe away all the bullglitz and so-called glamour and I still like that Monaco's a totally unsuitable race track with gobs of historic character; changing glacially over the past 90 years compared to almost anything else out there in the world of motorsport. Even if the racing is as dull as cold oatmeal, there's scenery and sensory candy you'll rarely find elsewhere along the yearly circus, and almost any part of the track can be substituted with another from the annals of the sport at a moment's glance.

Last edited:
Wipe away all the bullglitz and so-called glamour and I still like that Monaco's a totally unsuitable race track with gobs of historic character; changing glacially over the past 90 years compared to almost anything else out there in the world of motorsport. Even if the racing is as dull as cold oatmeal, there's scenery and sensory candy you'll rarely find elsewhere along the yearly circus, and almost any part of the track can be substituted with another from the annals of the sport at a moment's glance.
Agreed!
Accordingly, I am puzzled by this photo, presumably of Monaco, 1960, a practice session. Can you identify the point on the course, please? Would it be the docks?

Hey, maybe this can spice things up...

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 2.57.17 AM.png

It was showing fairly clear skies when I looked this morning, who knows if the it'll flip flop again.

Agreed!
Accordingly, I am puzzled by this photo, presumably of Monaco, 1960, a practice session. Can you identify the point on the course, please? Would it be the docks?

Based on the elevation decline, and that they're coming off the right-hand turn before approaching Portier.

It's definitely 1960, as that front-engined Scarab only ran that year and it was 2-3 years behind the times.

I always get excited about Monaco because of the hype and all the glamour and whatnot but it really is a terrible track for racing. They should put it on the calendar as an exhibition course where drivers go show off their ultimate "one lap" skill and how much they can push the boundaries and be called "aliens" by us normal humans.

On another note, from the looks of it, I guess we are in for another Mercedes 1-2 :lol:

Last edited:
Vettel has crashed at Ste Devote early in FP3

The commentary team pointed out that these things can happen to anyone at Monaco. If I were Ferrari my concern would be how often these things happen to Vettel recently. Even Stroll didn't crash into that barrier in the practices (I wrote this before Quali!).

Ferrari just fire your strategists ffs, I just feel bad for Leclarc. But Ferrari are such a complete and utter joke of a team this year

Leclerc looking absolutely defeated in his post-quali interview. No doubt he'll be out for blood on the track tomorrow. It's bad enough for Ferrari to mess up race strategy, but I think this is the first time I've seen them eff up qualifying.

Also no way Gasy won't get penalized for holding up Grosjean.

Hamilton got .2 down and that lap looked it he didn't even put it all down.

Bottas is out owning everybody on track

Back